What to do with my seats in my 84 QV | FerrariChat

What to do with my seats in my 84 QV

Discussion in '308/328' started by fchip, Mar 15, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fchip

fchip Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Chip G
    #1 fchip, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My new(?) QV has beutiful crema seats with blue piping. The problem is that these seats and the middle console are full of dirt and look like they are 25+years old. Lots of creases, grime, and general dirty look. You can't see it in my pictures because I am such a hack with a camera and have over-exposed them I think.
    The question is: do I get them redyed so that they look almost new? Or, do I just clean the heck out of them and keep the patina and the darkening of the seats and seams? And how much should I expect to pay to do either?

Also, the headrests are down all the way to the top of the seat. Do they extend up? I have no support at the moment and would not like it if I was hit!

Chip
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    I had mine redyed, but my car is not a show car, it gets driven a LOT, at least as much as I can. So, I wasnt too worried about keeping it that original. FYI, I also have the crema interior. My redye came out really nice, so I am happy with it.

On the other hand, if your car is going to be more of a "show" car you might check out the Leatherique products. There is a lot of information on how to do it and the end results. Most people who are patient and follow the step by step instructions seem to be VERY happy with how it came out.

PDG

3. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    clean and keep patina. Love the color combo!

4. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    order up the leatherique cleaner and rejuvinator oil. Pull your seats and treat them over a couple of nights and the results will be great. While the seats are out, it will make the whole center console easily accessible. Seat removal is simple with 4 allen bolts per side.

5. fchip

fchip Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Chip G
    All right, I will give the leatherique a try. Next set of photos will be better!

6. myfazzman1

myfazzman1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 25, 2009
    down under,australia
    Full Name:
    peter
    Chip

I highly recommend the Leatherique.

Worked brilliantly on my 84 GTS QV. Just make sure you follow the usage instructions to the letter,particularily the cleaner/re-juvinator ones.

You will be amazed at how well the seats will come up,I know I was!!

Cheers and goodluck with it!

Pete

7. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    I really don't have to bad of seats in my 86' 328, but want to preserve them longer.

Can you use the Leatherique Rejuventating oil on the seats...WITHOUT taking the old shellac or sealer that is on them originally, Off? In other words, am I wasting my time using the oil if I DON"T strip the seats first?

I'm using Lexol on them now.