330 GTC hood pad | FerrariChat

330 GTC hood pad

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 5speed, Mar 16, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 5speed

5speed Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    #1 5speed, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I continue to work on my 330 GTC and now I am looking for the correct silver/aluminum hood pad with the correct stiching. My hood pad is black and in like new condition but I believe the silver color is corrrect. I would appreciate it if someone could take a picture of an original hood pad to show the fabric, stiching, and the correct dimensions of the stiching pattern.

Can anyone help me with this question? I have not been able to find a source for a new hood pad. Looks like a difficult item to find.

Included a picture of the 330 GTC and some work on the rear suspension area.
    Cheers,
    5peed
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 7, 2006
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gary Robinson
  3. Zarathustra

Silver Subscribed

May 7, 2006
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gary Robinson
    #3 Zarathustra, Mar 17, 2010
  4. Tinbender

Tinbender Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Raleigh,Lake Lure,NC
    Full Name:
    Terry W. Phillips
    #4 Tinbender, Mar 18, 2010
  5. Zarathustra

Silver Subscribed

May 7, 2006
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gary Robinson
    Yea, the hood pad on 11231 looked like that when I first got it. I threw it out.
    (Ya know, some of that filth can be cleaned up….)
    For the originality aficionados I guess I should have kept it and passed it along with the car.
    But after I fixed everything on her she was about as original as Pamela Anderson.
    Which isn’t a bad thing.

6. Dave330gtc

Dave330gtc Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2002
    NW Indiana
    Full Name:
    David Smith
    A few years ago I sent pictures of my hood pad to Tom Yang's site and you can see them in the restoration tips link there. I ended up having my local upholsterer use some type of boat covering material that was almost a perfect match to the original. It was normal material that he kept in stock. He used a commercial sewing machine to duplicate the quilting. I was very happy with the results.