2010 Canadian Grand Prix tickets now on sale | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2010 Canadian Grand Prix tickets now on sale

Discussion in 'F1' started by P1-EH, Dec 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Is there any f-chat gatherings at the Montreal GP? Maybe dinner after quali or the race or something?

I'm staying at my aunts house :) I was planning a hotel but after seeing the prices, and remembering the times she has crashed at my place, I called in a favor :)

2. P1-EH

P1-EH Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2007
    Waterloo, Ont.
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That's a great idea. We just need to pick a time and place. Perhaps at the Budweiser beer tent after practice or quali would be good. It would be great to meet some fchatters.

3. The Palerider

The Palerider Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2008
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Great idea, count me in. Perhaps after Saturday quali is better than after Fri practice. After having done Friday practice in Canada in '08 and '07, as well as 3 times in Indy, I'm planning to skip this year and arrive late Friday. I have spoken to several others who are doing the same.

4. P1-EH

P1-EH Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2007
    Waterloo, Ont.
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ok, so let's build a list and set the time/location to be the Beer Tent at the Budweiser Concert stage right after Saturday Qualifying. The Quali session runs from 1-2pm.

So far we have:
    P1-EH (Mark)
    Palerider (Michael)

Who else is game?
    And is anyone else planning to bring their Fcar to Montreal? Last time ('08) the local Ferrari club arranged secured parking 'near' the track.

5. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    I posted this in another thread, but thought that it would do no harm to also ask it here, so here I go...

Has anybody ever sat in/seen section "Bronze 33"?

Lists show there is a large TV for additional viewing, but the maps do not show one. Please let me know if there is a TV viewable from this location.

Thanks!

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Lot's of F-Chatters usually going to the race, myself included. I went last time with our fearless leader Rob, and he brought a big box of F-Chat t-shirts for a dinner we attended. It seemed like a great idea until we decided that we could walk from the subway station to the restaurant. It didn't look that far on a map, but it sucked carrying a 30lb box. We finally had to get a cab.

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Does anyone know when the tickets themselves are actually mailed out (if it hasn't been done already?). I ordered a ticket in January, and got a confirmation email in February, but so far no ticket. Is that standard procedure these days?

8. jack1999

jack1999 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    toronto
    i think late march to early april

9. Arrwin

Arrwin Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Midtown NY
    Full Name:
    Arrwin
    I'll be at Sec. 22 right after the hairpin. I'm hoping there will be some good passing and hearing them rip through the gears there.

Has anyone sat at Sec. 22?

10. a-stone

a-stone Rookie

Jan 13, 2010
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Andrew T
    I was thinking of Section 22 as well...got some good feedback on it from someone who's had seats there for a few years...I'm trying to choose between 22 and 12..

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    On Saturday, it's become traditional for myself (and lots of other fans, I've found!) to head to Rue Crescent just west of center-city after Saturday activities are over at the track. Lots of people, lots of cars, lots of music, lots of places to eat, most with some form of al fresco dining.

On Sunday, I'd suggest a nice Italian place called Le Latini on Jeanne-Mance east of center-city, provided that they are open. (They are usually closed on Sunday, but the last time I went to the GP they were open on Sunday just for that day.)

12. Arrwin

Arrwin Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Midtown NY
    Full Name:
    Arrwin
    Thanks for the suggestion. Will definitely be there this year and would like to check out the restaurant. Last time we had a horrible experience with a restaurant we just picked. They were understaffed and we completely unprepared for the Montreal rush of people.

13. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm giving the FCA suite a try this year. Will be there Fri, Sat and Sun and could meet at the Bud tent.

14. A-Train

A-Train Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    I ordered my tickets over the phone last week. The service rep said that the tickets would arrive no less than 5 days before the race weekend. Having ordered tickets over the phone in past years, they actually arrive 2-3 weeks before the race weekend. The rep also gave me the option (which I declined) of paying $40 extra dollars to have my tickets mailed to me in the next month. I believe but am not sure that it was $40 per order rather than per ticket.