Letter to Ken Gorin, President The Collection, Miami. | FerrariChat

Letter to Ken Gorin, President The Collection, Miami.

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Uomo360F1, Mar 19, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    #1 Uomo360F1, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
    Mr. Gorin:

My decision to write you is solely triggered by the lack of reply from employees of your own dealership. In this case, Ferrari.

As a prelude, we all know Ferrari does not manufacture appliances for the masses. It's products are well sought, respected, and cherished all over the world. Customers pay premium prices for them, and licensed dealerships are expected to deliver top notch customer service in all aspects.
    Precisely Mr. Gorin, this is what I am bringing to your immediate attention.

For the last 2 (two) days, I've been attempting to speak by telephone to a human being in your Ferrari parts department. Nobody ever answers the phone, and all calls are directed to Mr. George Vega's voice mail. Messages have not been returned yet. I keep calling, and the operator sadly excuses herself not knowing what is going on, and unaware if someone is physically present in the parts department or not.
    I find this business practice totally unacceptable, and a lack of respect towards Ferrari customers.
    By the way, Sir, I am not trying to sell you a product, I want buy from YOUR dealership.
    With this scenario, Mr. Gorin, I respectfully ask, what is going on in your dealership?
    Do you really care for your customers? It doesn't seem so.
    Hearing so many negative comments from unhappy customers, and reading about your arrest in Miami last year, makes me wonder...

So, as a Ferrari product owner, I demand that you personally correct this issue without delay. Allow me to remind you, once again, what kind of products you are representing, and the clientele you are dealing with.
    Please act accordingly,

Eddie Miceli
    Sunny Isles, Florida.

2. StephenB

StephenB Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2007
    S Florida
    Full Name:
    Stephen Bruno
    Eddie
    Call FLL, (954) 493-5000 they will take your call promptly I am sure!

3. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    I previosuly called FLL and they don't have the part I'm looking for.

4. StephenB

StephenB Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2007
    S Florida
    Full Name:
    Stephen Bruno
    Then I would call Racambi (336) 499.2500

5. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    If you call Daniel @ Ricambi America, he will return your call.

6. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    I'm not surprised! remember when the service department wrecked my GT2? And I had to sue them to get paid!! They are a joke!

7. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    In all the years the Collection has been in business, I've only met one person who had anything good to say about them.

8. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam
  9. SorpassoRosso

SorpassoRosso Karting

Jun 5, 2008
    The people I know who did business with The Collection, never returned.
    Personally I would not buy anything from them. Much less under the current management.
    Customer service is very poor, and it seems they only want customers in and out the door like assembly line.
    I'm still surprised Ferrari S.p.a. has not yet taken away the franchise from them.

10. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Mark, haven't had time to download my photos from the Ritz, but I understand that huge congratulations are in order.

I will have that photo of you printed so you can autograph it for me.

Sorry to hijack.

11. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    #11 Uomo360F1, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010

No, I would skip FNA and take this matter directly to Maranello.
    BTW, I take this opportunity to thank the people at the Ferrari dealership, a bit North of Miami for their support and telephone calls. I even got a PM from the top.
    You guys rock. Thanks again.

12. rvogco

rvogco F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Ronnie
    Hi Eddie,

I sent you a private message awhile back when you created the original post. I wanted to assure you that not all ownwers are absent. I HOpe my guys helped you here at Ferrari Maserati of Fort Lauderdale.

I made sure you were well taken care of. If anything else comes up please feel free to reach out to me at any time.
    Garrett Hayim

13. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    Thanks Ronnie. Your guys at FLL took good care of me. Parts came in the next day after placing the order
    Spotless customer service. An example, others are still trying to figure out how to make it work.
    I'll drop by for cafe this week.
    Eddie

14. Ferrari 1

Ferrari 1 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Benn Correale
    Eddie,
    So glad we were able to help. How'd the car come out? See you at Cars and Coffee!
    All the best,
    Benn @ FFL

15. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    Ferris, this is the post you've been looking for.

16. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    YES IT IS
    I just read your first post and I am having the same exact experience with them
    No one returns call, all I get is voice mail..3 days now. I left messages for 2 different people too..but how many messages can you leave????

Thanks again

17. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    Ferris, it's well worth driving 25 miles north to Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale. 5750 N Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, 33308. (954) 493-5000 (John in parts, and Benn in sales).
    They set the standards of customer service many other dealers only dream of.
    Show up at one of their "cars and coffee" meetings every second Sat. of each month.
    Is this correct Benn?