CARS & COFFEE AT CRYSTAL COVE THIS SATURDAY | FerrariChat

CARS & COFFEE AT CRYSTAL COVE THIS SATURDAY

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by 16mowner, Jul 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 16mowner

16mowner Rookie

Apr 23, 2009
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    TO ALL FERRARI OWNERS,

Hey guys/gals anyone interested in meeting at cars and coffee in crystal cove, newport beach near the Starbucks again? I understand they shut it down because of all the cars and noise because the event was so huge. How about all ferrari owners show up at 7am - 10am this saturday. You cant get a ticket if you go by a $3 cup of coffee and your a paying customer.

We got to bring this back - has anyone been to the cars and coffee in irvine - honestly it really stinks. Such poor turn out and all too often cars that shouldnt even be there. Its poorly organized and the list goes on.

Anyone out there with me? Lets have the Ferrari guys start brining this tradition back already!!!!!!!!

Frank
    Scuderia 16m

2. ZiFF

ZiFF Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2009
    I suppose Irvine C&C can be criticized for things, but poor turn out doesn't seem to be one of them.

Or the lack of incredible machines, every weekend. I doubt there is any weekly assemblage of exotic cars like it anywhere in the US, or maybe even the world.

As far as organization - well, it's for the most part just an informal gathering of cars and people.

Crystal Cove was fun, too. But I don't see it ever coming back.

3. 16mowner

16mowner Rookie

Apr 23, 2009
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    HEY FERRARI GUYS IN THIS FORUM - COME ON NOW - let do this Crystal Cove thing already and show the Irvine C & C whats it all about. Anyone who has been to a crystal cove car & coffee knows Irvine is no where even close. You use to see 3 enzos, 2 bugattis, 4 lamborghinis, etc....

Irvine C & C is week

4. luicci

luicci Rookie

Jul 12, 2008
    I'm all in for crystal cove!!!!! I'll be back in the US on august 20th so if you guys organize anything after that I'll most definitely be there.

5. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    #5 shaughnessy, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009

Let's see..... parking lot was over filled at Ford at 7 am and we needed to go to the annex lot which then immediately overfilled and late arrivers (7:30 ish) were
    turned away from the main and annex lots.

People that know how to spell, were lined up to get in !!!! (WEEK)

Thanks to the volunteer staff (John and Linda Clinard, Arylnn Timmes, Freeman Thomas and others) and the Irvine PD things went smoothly, safetly and without issue.
    Over 500 display cars showed up

Special thanks to the Porsche several clubs and many out of state guests that visited.
    The Porsche Event is at the Dana Point Marriot today 12Jul06. 200+ cars expected.

It's all good!

:)

6. toparkt

toparkt Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2006
    orange county
    Full Name:
    Andrew Goetz
    i think just to mix up events , there is no finer venu than
    Crystal Cove.
    I have a new 430 spyder and just went with a friend
    to have breakfast at pacific whey
    talking about the good old days......

7. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    are these events going on in 2010?

8. Gerald

Gerald Rookie

Nov 23, 2003
    Anaheim, Ca
    Full Name:
    Gerald B.
    Crystal Cove was a great venue but Cars and Coffee outgrew it and the Irvine Co. was not real enthusiastic about dealing with neighbor relations.
    The current Cars and Coffee is very well attended and managed in a casual positive manner.
    I am sure that many of us would prefer not to see 20 70"s Corvettes, or 20 Ferrari 360's, or 20 of any one car for that matter. But how do you accomplish that without stepping heavily on some peoples toes?
    I really enjoy the wide range of vehicles found at the Ford center and appreciate the work that John and his group put into this great event.

9. Spencer89

Spencer89 Karting

Apr 25, 2004
    Long Beach
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Let us not forget how difficult things got towards the end at Crystal Cove. Park in the wrong spot, RACs run over and hassle you. Rev your engine, more RACs. Remember the
    sound of Ricks F40, or a CGT. When Irvine pulled the plug, it was Tom who stepped up
    and offered a great location. Tom and his cheerful volunteers even setup a nice chow line,
    and there are restrooms. If you check out Franks weekly photo spread, you will see that
    there are always great cars every week. My thanks to Tom and his group.
    Regards, Rick