04 360 Challenge Race | FerrariChat

04 360 Challenge Race

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Noelrp, Feb 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    FYI, I just got an invite from the mail.

The '04 360 Challenge Series & Historic race is on March 20-21st @ Infineon Raceway.

No cover charge if you bring your Ferrari. Otherwise, it's $20 per person.

2. ART360

ART360 Guest

That looks like fun. Maybe a drive before, then show at the race?

Art

3. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario

I would be up for a drive and a caravan to infeon! As long as my car gets out of Ferrari of S.F. by then.

Mario

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Noel: who sent the invite?

I got one from FoSF and they have some hospitality thing for $60/person. They are also offering track time at infineon both days of the weekend, I think at ~300/day (slightly incentivized if you do both days, I think). I'll look up the numbers in the morning.

Is this an FCA thing or something else? Perhaps it's worth putting a call into Dave Gogna (local FCA Pres or somethign) and seeing what they are doing?

I am totally game for a caravan and day at the track. My uncle will be in town, and this would be cool to take him to. Which day were you guys thinking?

--Dan

5. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Dan,

It's the same letter from FoSF. Watching the historic race alone is worth the trip. I'll see if i can post some pics i took last year.

Shall we do Sunday? Breakfast in Sausalito and then caravan to Sears point after?

6. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Sunday sounds good to me.

Vincent.

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I'm down.

--Dan

8. ART360

ART360 Guest

Checked the calendar: my first race in the over 45 class at the kart track there. Should be fun, but I can't bring the 355, just the truck, and the cart.

Art

9. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Art: are you saying there's a karting event that day too? Is there an open practice? Is it at infineon?

I'm sure even with the van you'll be keeping us on our toes! I can bring the 355 for you, and let my uncle take the 550! :D

--Dan

10. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    So, what time and where are we meeting?

--Dan

11. ART360

ART360 Guest

Dan:

That works, but whose driving the Van home? Seriously I'll get the times on this and post them.

Art

12. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Art: what is the plan? I am game for Sunday. I will not be tracking the car, likely.

--Dan

13. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    How about the same time(8am)? Meet at FoSF and then B'fast in Sausalito and caravan to Sears Point after breakfast.

14. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Brilliant. Can anyone give a buddy of mine a ride? He's coming back to the bay area from Seattle (migrated up a year ago) and is one of the quickest / best drivers I've ever seen. Anyways, my uncle is in town then also, and I've only got one extra seat.

--Dan

PS: We can still get breakfast before then also, you know! I got fresh gummies up front, gotta change the rears soon too. ;)

15. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Can we meet at Ferrari of S.F. @ 8:30 ? I along with 2 other Ferrari owners want to meet with you guys. If we meet at 8:30 we can leave here (Sacramento) at a rersaonable 7:15 and make it to you guys.

Mario

P.S. There will be 3 of us total all with 355's. Red/Black/Red

16. ART360

ART360 Guest

It going to take about 1 1/2 hours from Sacto to FoSF.

Art

17. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    At 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. I thought we could fly under the Radar a bit.....if you know what I mean.

P.S. I made there in 1:20 in my X-5 last week....or actually that was to the F of S.F. in San Rafael.

18. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    a little less, that early I would think.

Art,

are we going to see your van at FoSF?

Vincent.

19. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    So then 8.30 at FoSF?

--Dan

20. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I'll be there...

Gary

21. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario

Here is the list as I know it from Sacramento:

Lawwdog - Mario
    355 Spider Blk/Tan

Speedemon - Chris
    355 GTS Red/Tan

Brini - Craig
    355 B Red/Blk

22. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    I may be able to attend this one! Been too long since I was at an F-car event.

Dan- where does your friend need a ride to/from? I may be able to oblige.

23. ART360

ART360 Guest

Practice starts at 9:00 at the cart track. Just spent some time getting it set up. The Tony karts have these crazy motor mounts, and they drag when you drive over the lips at the edge of the track (fast way around the course). I've been knocking them off. Found new mounts that are flush mounted, and put them on. I've also rebuilt and worked on the engine for a little more HP, balanced the tires, and pretty much got it set up. That doesn't mean I'm going to do sh*t at the race, since this is the first time I've actually raced a cart, but hopefully I won't finish last, or even close to last.

My plan is to go to the track, get set up, come down to the Ferrari tent get passes etc. The van will be at the track (it isn't painted yet, but the motor, interior have been done, and their going to smooth out the exterior with moulded in mirrors, like the Ferrari, remove all chrome, and put in a tube grill, so that when its done in October it will look pretty good). My cell works there, but with the noise, its sometimes hard to hear it ring, so leave a message. Dan and Vincent have the number.

Art

24. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    We'll be cheering you on.

Ben: glad to see you are actually gonna make it out. Where you been, brotha?

So the list so far is:

Noel, Mario, Art, Ben, Vincent, me, Norm, Gary, Chris, Craig?

Did we miss anyone?

--Dan

25. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Art, I doubt you finish last in anything you do in life.

Hey Dan, been busy with life and buisness. Too busy really, need to take it down a notch and enjoy the finer things.

Hope to see you all there!