Cars and Croissants 2010: Sunday March 28 | FerrariChat

Cars and Croissants 2010: Sunday March 28

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by abster, Mar 23, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abster

abster Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    NJ
    Folks,

We'll be having coffee and croissants again this weekend.

Date: Sunday, March 28!

Start Time: 8:30AM
    End time: Whenever the last car leaves

650 Shunpike Road
    Chatham, NJ 07928

Please do not park in the first row of parking spaces on the right in front of the shops as you enter the parking lot.

The link for the C&C Yahoo Groups Page: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/candcnj/. You can post messages by sending emails to [email protected].

If you haven’t signed up for the C&C groups, please send an email to [email protected] to become a member.

-abi & Kirk

2. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I'll be there with my new-to-me 360. Supposed to be a little chilly Sunday vs last week's meet up that I couldn't make... but I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of different interesting cars so hopefully a good turnout!

-Andrew

3. gtbfever

gtbfever Rookie

Jul 4, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Scott
    the scorpions comimg! the scorpions coming!! Lancia that is!!!

4. stuckinkuwait

stuckinkuwait Formula Junior

Jul 25, 2004
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Lenny S
    I will be there. Unfortunately, my 348 is getting its major done. So I will bring the 911.

5. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    I think the 512BBi will make an appearance.

6. stuckinkuwait

stuckinkuwait Formula Junior

Jul 25, 2004
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Lenny S
    Buzz, see you tomorrow!

7. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Now we're talkin'....lancias, a bb512, a 348, 911...I was getting worred that it was just going to be just me in the parking lot since not many posts on this thread :)

8. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Andrew,

I will be there with the new Aston.

-Scott

9. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Awesome Scott! We'll have to get Gieger out to one of these with his 355 Fiorano! I'm heading out now...

10. gtbfever

gtbfever Rookie

Jul 4, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Scott
    that was a great turn out!!! cool thanks guys!!!!!! Kirk you could of bought my Lancia... all right ill trade ya!?(lol) very nice 360 Andrew!! ill have to check it out closer when its warmer!

11. kmeighannj

kmeighannj Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2006
    Bedminster, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kirk M
    Scott -- speaking of Lancias, one of the guys that showed up this week, for the first time, has I think, 5 or 6 Lancia's. I met him last year when he wanted to look at my Espada (since sold to a Prince in Bahrain -- but that is another story). Went to his house in Pottersville (uh, on 50 acres). Smallish house but several large barn-like buildings. Saw the 5 or 6 Lancia's in one building, then went to the other buildings where he has maybe 25 or 30 Alfa racecars (maybe more, I didn't count), a couple of Dinos, a few vintage Ferraris, and various other vintage European cars. Then, the phone rang and he told me to go upstairs to look at some Italian racing bicycles -- I lost count at 35! I like to meet guys like this so that I can show my wife that I am not so bad and others are crazier than me.

Kirk

12. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona
    Yeah, it was a great turnout considering the cold temps. When I left, my count was 72 cars. Lots of new attendees. Will post pics when I get a chance. See everyone next time.

13. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona
    Kirk, great new ride. Hope you enjoy it thoroughly. It is truly a beauty.

14. foxmul

foxmul Karting

Mar 14, 2008
    Millington, NJ
    Full Name:
    Joseph Molino
    I would love to see a website just for this gathering. I see some of the same cars but I always see some new ones. I would love to see documented how many different cars have shown up since this has been started. Maybe like a member's cars section. I love seeing all the different rare autos. I also see some weird ones that I have no idea what they are. It could be very educational. I would do it if I knew how.

Joseph

15. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    #17 andrew911, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
    A great event, even with the cold weather. There's always cars I mean to try to talk to the owner about, but get so busy talking to people I never make it to them....who had the beautiful silver BMW M5 (1997-2003 body style)? And the 550 Maranello? And the Ferrari 330GT? And the '73 911 w/racing stripes and houndstooth cloth seat centers? I'll have to be faster making the rounds next time-ha!

I enjoyed meeting some new folks/cars! Or some of the same folks with different cars than last time (Kirk's newly acquired Lambo, Dr. Stein's 328, etc..)

16. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    Was the silver Countach Kirk's new Lambo? Wow. The anti-Daytona! I guess I have to get around a little more in the future.

17. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Yes- it's a 25th ann. edition. Essentially as it left the showroom floor- wonderful condition!

18. FerrariMC

FerrariMC Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2006
    Allentown, PA Area
    Full Name:
    Mark C
    Thanks to everyone for coming out, it's great to see such a "buffet" of great cars, especially the Ferraris (what can I say? I'm a tifosi!). It's really fun to come out and see which cars will show up, it was only my 3rd time, but it's ALWAYS such a nice place to come, with SOOO many people who are so willing to talk and share their cars, whether you're an owner or an enthusiast (me). Special thanks to my generous, generous driver, Andrew, who let me join him in his "new" 360. It was fantastico!! He's a great guy, very knowledgeable. Grazie mille!! Ciao!

Mark

19. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    Was that Jim's Alfa 8C?

20. abster

abster Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    NJ
    The register of cars of C&C definitely sounds interesting. The variety of cars will only get more interesting as the weather gets nicer!

We'll have to think about how to implement it.

Another website is out of the question for Kirk and me for the foreseeable future!

21. Marc911

Marc911 Rookie

Jun 21, 2005
    If it's just a list I'd be happy to host and maintain.

Marc Gelefsky (From Rennlist)

22. kmeighannj

kmeighannj Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2006
    Bedminster, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kirk M
    Yes, that was mine. Anti-Daytona is a good description, although the Daytona was probably more anti-Miura given that they existed contemporaneously--Countach came to production I think a year after the Daytona ceased production. Both are awesome in their own way. I also had a Miura S for a few years -- that was a wonderful animal, too. Ah, so little time...so many cars!

23. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Looking forward to the next one...