Texas F430 owners, please read | FerrariChat

Texas F430 owners, please read

Discussion in 'Texas' started by vantage78, Mar 26, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vantage78

vantage78 Karting

Apr 1, 2007
    I'm looking at a F430 that hasn't had the exhaust manifold replacement done. It's a 2005 with 5k miles, and of course out of warranty. In California, a cracked F430 exhaust manifold would be covered for 7 years/70k miles due to their emissions law. Does anyone know if this is true of Texas?

Thanks!

2. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    Dunno, but if it's really expensive, register
    the car in CA(expensive, too) long enough to have it fixed.

3. LiveFromNY

LiveFromNY Karting

Sep 13, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Not 100% sure but I am pretty sure the answer is no. I remember having a conversation about a similar situation on a car I was looking at just after I moved here. Very few things about CA that are also true of TX!

4. vantage78

vantage78 Karting

Apr 1, 2007
    Dang. I need to research this a bit, but do you know if this can be done by the dealer as a preemptive thing? I.e, I am looking at a Cali car right now that hasn't had the exhaust manifolds changed to the new design, and since the car is still registered in California, I am wondering if they can go ahead and perform the work now prior to a purchase and registration by myself.