New Hollywood F1 Doc | FerrariChat

New Hollywood F1 Doc

Discussion in 'F1' started by GroundFX, Mar 31, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GroundFX

GroundFX Rookie

Mar 31, 2010
    I had tickets to the Bahrain GP, and while I was there I met a film crew who are making a major new feature documentary about F1. They were English, but they are Hollywood based and apparently one of them just won an Oscar. By all accounts its for cinema release and will be the biggest documentary ever made on F1. Mainly it tells the story of the heroic drivers of the 70s and how technology changed the sport to what we have now. We’ve been wondering why this hasn’t been done for a long time, and finally it looks like it’s on the way. From the F1 website it sounds official: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/2/10423.html

Anyway, when I met them they were very interested when I told them I had some stills and 8mm from some of the Britsh GPs I watched in the 70s. Apparently the ‘fans perspective’ is a major element of the film, so if anyone has any unseen film / home footage of races or drivers from the 70s or ideas where to get it looks like you could become part of an epic F1 documentary. If you have any leads, photos or film from the 70s, you can register at: www.racingmovie.net

Anyone heard of this? What do you think?

2. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    #2 sambomydog, Mar 31, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
    Well i think you clearly might have an affiliation to this company ;)
    Even though it sounds like a fantastic and exiting project and am looking forward to seeing it when done:) Do you know will it be a Nat Geo program,?

3. GroundFX

GroundFX Rookie

Mar 31, 2010
    ...kind of. Ive been speaking to them since they found out about my footage, mainly because i also think it sounds amazing. No, i believe its a film for theatrical release worldwide and then i guess DVD

4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Normally promotion of other websites is aggressively discouraged at Fchat, but this looks to be something more interesting than "look at my new car site!!1!eleven"

I'll leave the thread open for now. If you're here just to discuss your forum, this is the wrong place for you. If you're here to be part of the community and talk F1, then welcome.

5. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I think it's nothing without the talents of Stallone.

6. JoeGuitar

JoeGuitar Formula Junior

May 27, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Throw in a cameo by an apex quarter and I'm in.

7. TopElement

TopElement Formula 3

May 14, 2005
    OC & Vegas
    Full Name:
    A Montoya
    Dang! So I shouldn't expect F1 cars catching air through the streets of LA?

This GroundFX guy seems a little questionable considering the first post on this forum is to advertise something. But maybe some good F1 footage, old and new, will come from this.

8. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Just one?

9. JoeGuitar

JoeGuitar Formula Junior

May 27, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Regrettably yes...he is busy co-starring in the new movie Speed 14, At the Race Track.

10. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Yes, I've heard of this project from Spitfire, Flat Out and Diamond. It should be a heck of a project.