FCA drive to the Hanger Hotel 3/27/10 | FerrariChat

FCA drive to the Hanger Hotel 3/27/10

Discussion in 'Texas' started by TexasMike, Mar 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
  2. elmani

elmani Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    austin Texas
    Full Name:
    marc b
    Thanks and lot for these great pics!
    What a wonderful day it was...

3. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    #8 TexasMike, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  4. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
  5. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    4th audio clip:

Ferrari F430 coupe arriving & backing into a space. Completely stock, US-spec.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPT8Ng8POJ0

* All of these audio clips are high quality but they are only as good as the speakers you listen to then with. Use high quality headphones or speakers for your best listening experience. :)

6. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
  7. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    #12 TexasMike, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  8. txav8er

txav8er Rookie

Jan 30, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Nice job as always! Thanks for all the great pictures from the Fredericksburg trip yesterday. Not sure how you do it but you always seem to get some fantastic images!

Tad

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    If you guys weren't so secretive and we would have heard about your event OR any of you guys visited the Aviation section here you would have seen we had our FerrariChat Fly-in this weekend there too. We had sponsor Monarch Aviation from Addison doing demo flights in almost new Cessna 400 and 206. I had a T182T G1000 down. Several of us are FCA members too. Here's a quick video of the weekend fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF0jlHCb2Bo

10. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    Great pics (as always) & wonderful audio clips, Mike. Your little device made my 360 sound fabulous!

James

11. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Hello all,

Not trying to hijack the thread but wife and I are thinking of taking the car out for a spin to the Hill Country on the weekend of April 24 & 25 and would like suggestions on route and places to stay.

Thanks in advance!

Nick

12. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Sorry but I got banned for talking about the Hill Country roads so I'm not going to do it again. :D There is a user on here named Got One http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/member.php?u=31054 He knows the Hill Country roads better than anyone I know. Shoot him a PM.

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    LOL, I'm already recruiting Nick for Crescent Tour, so he already knows about the BEST area roads, 2nd best isn't bad though for Hill County. ;)

14. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    I am talking with the wife and my neighbors about doing the Crescent Tour. Nothing definite yet.

15. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The Cali and that Rosso Corsa 360 Spider totally do it for me! If I could afford a Cali I would have one in a heart beat! Room for my wheelchair and a convertible to boot! What is not to love?!

16. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    The Cali looks surprisingly stunning in blue. Excellent pics as always, but the audio clips are simply outstanding! Well done.

17. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    You need one James. The California is Ferrari's 928. :) A nice front engined V8 2+2, just with newer technology and an open top experience. Just wait post depreciation. I'd bet that by that time they'll be a bargain.

18. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Thanks Tyler! I don't think everyone will appreciate what I'm doing but I'm trying to build a massive audio archive of Ferrari sounds, using the same digital recorder for all of the clips. If you are going to spend $10k on a new muffler, you want an accurate comparison between the different vehicles. That's why all of my audio clips will include info on exactly how the car is set up. A US-spec car will sound different that a Euro-spec car, cats vs no cats, pre-cats vs no pre-cats, etc... it all makes a difference & I'm going to try to include all of that info. This is all just another way for me to have some fun with these awesome cars but I'm also trying to do it in a way that it could be an asset to the Ferrari community.

That was the first time I really had a chance to play with the recorder. I made a few mistakes but now I have a better understanding of what works & what doesn't work. Hopefully I'll have some awesome clips of a particular F430 coupe on Saturday night.

19. Osiris_x11

Osiris_x11 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Nice pics, what a great day to be out & about for a drive! :cool: