Will there be a 458 at the NY auto show? | FerrariChat

Will there be a 458 at the NY auto show?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by jm3, Mar 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    I am in town, staying at Trump International on Columbus Circle. I would like to go the show, and if the 458 was there it be even better than the Aston Martin Rapide debut.

Please let me know if you know the answer.

Thank You
    Jay

2. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Unfortunately it looks like the 458 will not be at the NY Auto Show this year, as Ferrari is not listed as exhibitor.

3. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Thanks. I was wondering about that, as I couldn't find out anything one way or another.

Jay

4. azew

azew Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2006
    New York
    No according to the folks I know at FNA

5. Giovanni_P

Giovanni_P Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    MetroWest, MA
    Full Name:
    John Pelliccio
    No Ferrari at NYIAS, as mentioned above. I just got back from the the press day yesterday. Manhattan Motorcars has a display with some Spykers, a couple of Lambos, and a Tesla. Aston has a booth. Hennesey Performance has a bunch of modded chargers and Camaros. Porsche was there (Hurley Heywood, too), the Toyota LF-A was there, the Corvette GrandSport, and some bentleys and rollers. Mercedes has a couple of AMG SLS's on display- the production street-legal one as well as a gentleman's racer sort of like the 599XX.

Overall, not as much over-the-top exotic hardware as there has been in past years.

Gio P

Oh yeah- the A-team's van is in the front lobby! :)

6. FerrariMC

FerrariMC Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2006
    Allentown, PA Area
    Full Name:
    Mark C
    You guys might've heard of TaxDr in this region, he just mentioned that he's displaying his Enzo in the "Dubs" display at the Auto show from the 9th - 11th. It's mentioned in his forum today...just letting you know. Ciao!

7. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    A spokesman for the Javits Center was quoted as saying that Ferrari were turned away from this year's show because they applied too late and there was no space available.

8. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I've just been at the NYIAS press days, and while Ferrari isn't there, a small group of exotics did show up today in addition to the aforementioned Manhattan Motorcars display. It includes a 599, Phantom Drophead, Carrera GT, Spyker C8, and Murcielago LP670-SV, and Bentley Continental GT Supersports.

Ferrari's absence is conspicuous; everyone else is here (at least in dealer form, as is the case with Lotus, Lamborghini, and Spyker).

9. bointc

bointc Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2006
    Jersey City, NJ
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Ferrari hasn't been showing there for the past few years, it was always Manhattan Motorcars or someone else bringing the Ferraris out if my memory serves me right.

10. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    A few years ago Ferrari as well as Lamborghini showed up on their own. Aston Martin, Bentley and Rolls all had larger displays also. This year Bentley and Rolls had displays of their own but on a smaller level. And yes MMC took a full display area inside now instead of being out front in the lobby.

I was at the press day Thursday

11. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i was at the thurs nite party and was great. mb had the best display imo and ferrari was definitely missed

12. targanero

targanero Formula 3

May 31, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Yeah. That's the ticket!!