Yeah, another mirror thread | FerrariChat

Yeah, another mirror thread

Discussion in '308/328' started by lostbowl, Apr 3, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lostbowl

lostbowl Formula 3

Apr 30, 2009
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Since I am doing a bare metal re-finish I searched the chat for thoughts on what mirrors would look like they belong and give one a real view of what's back there. I didn't find any threads other than the usual Vits or baby turbos so I took a chance and bought a set of C3 mirrors. Just wanted to let everyone know that they fit better than the original. What I mean is that the mirrors are designed with a slight rearward slant and that gives a full field of view on the left and the right while the mounting is just a little lower than stock. I may also add that the remote cable for the DS is about three feet long and I was able to place it in the same spot as the original elec. switch but you could ,if you wanted to, mount the adj. knob on the lower dash. IMHO she looks lower and proper now. My apologies to the purest but I never built a concours or trailer queen so for myself this modification has done exactly what I wanted and from start to finish (minus the final Nero paint) it took only 3hrs.
    I still have to weld up the old holes however. cheers, Lost

PS I have the complete original mirror with switch harness and backing plate if anyone needs one. I don't want to sell it but I could be interested in a swap. PM

2. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    We need pics!

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Oh mirrors! Got it... ;)

4. lostbowl

lostbowl Formula 3

Apr 30, 2009
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #4 lostbowl, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Piloto

Piloto Karting

Sep 13, 2009
    It looks as if you are doing the paint yourself, and I have considered doing the same on my 308 (Glasuirt Nero at present). Would you expand a bit on the technique of unpainting, preparing and shooting? Your help is appreciated.
    TN

6. lostbowl

lostbowl Formula 3

Apr 30, 2009
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tom
    TN,
    Let me say this-------------- Search the internet for instructional DVD. There is more to know than I can remember. I will say this -----------------patience,patience, and more patience. You can do it and Nero shows all so don't take any shortcuts! good luck, Lost