Just unwrapped the winter cover off my 430 spider | FerrariChat

Just unwrapped the winter cover off my 430 spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by photonut, Apr 4, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    for the past 4 months or so my 430 spider was stored on a lift, in my garage. during the winter sojourn, i was beginning to think i had made a serious error in purchasing the car, for the value has dropped at least 40% from 18 months ago (when i purchased it). these thoughts would pop into my head as i fantasized about purchasing a new 458 spider next year. i bought the used spider so i could get on "the list" for a new vehicle. would this represent yet another bundle of cash wasted on a toy, i thought to myself?

winter has just ended in michigan. a few days ago i turned on the insurance and put a new plate on my 430 spider. i took the baby out for a spin today in 74 degree weather with the sun shining and the top down. i became infused with such a wonderful feeling that all of my winter thoughts were purged from my gray matter, at least for another 8 months!

2. spEYEdr

spEYEdr Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2007
    LA - City of Angels
    we're lucky in SoCal -- we get to enjoy 'spider' weather just about year-round.

I'm now looking to upgrade from my 360 spider to a 430 spider.

The tough part is that I'll be lucky to get $100k for my 360 spider... but then again, Ferrari purchases are about passion and not logic!

3. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Yes, that would really stink having to store the car each winter, One third of it's life will be spent in storage.