Mille Miglia 2010 | FerrariChat

Mille Miglia 2010

Discussion in 'Europe' started by SFchallenge, Apr 6, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    #1 SFchallenge, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
    Guys, my friend is invited to "race" in the 2010 Mille Miglia next month & I'll be joining him on this epic journey but unfortunately, not as a co-driver :)

I'll be flying into Zurich & plan on renting a car to drive down to Brescia & cover the event from start to finish. I've managed to convince a local magazine to let me cover this event & we're trying to secure a press pass.

I have a few questions as I've never been to MM but did visit central Italy in 07 & drove around from Firenze to Maranello & St'Agata.

1) I would like to rent a convertible like a Boxster or something like that which can ferry some luggage & camera equipment. Where can I find the right car rental for such cars in Zurich?

2) Would love to hear from anyone who's been to MM on what to expect & where to stay+dine throughout the 1000miles. I haven't booked any rooms yet.

3) Are we allowed to drive along the entire rally with the participants?

4) How's the fine for speeding ticket in Swiss & Italy? :D

Thanks in advance!

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Try to get press accreditation from the organisers as that will give you better access and possibly leeway with authorities

Speeding in Switzerland is not recommended

3. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Most of the big car rental companies will do you a Mercedes SL or SLK but book well in advance, I know they have a very limited supply of these cars.

You may be lucky and find one of the big rentals have a boxster on the fleet but I think you'd have to go with a small private company of which there are lots. The down side is higher pricing and lower mileage limits. Use google.

4. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Thanks guys, I could only find Boxsters from Milan but not in Zurich yet. While most SLKs are gone.

Can anyone please share your experience on MM?