Battlefield Bad Company 2 | FerrariChat

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'Technology' started by fiorano94, Mar 18, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Anyone here play it? I picked it up the other day, and suddenly I've forgotten about COD MW2...

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    i just picked up MW2 yesterday...should i return it for BF2 ? Whats so much better ?

3. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    yes.

Play with a squad of friends to get the most out of it. Needs patching tho. Dice are hopeless in patching their games. They never patched 1943(arcade on xbl) and there have been issues with their servers since launch day.

Potential for game of the year.

4. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Yeah, i get the occasional server bug, but other than that the online has been very solid.

5. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I got this for PC at release and haven't really played anything else since.

6. YellowS2KVTEC

YellowS2KVTEC Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    I play the game all the time.
    Havent played MW2 since.

Great team work is envolved in the game and overall the game is just sooo much more fun

Leading sniper bullets and accounting for bullet drop is so sick!
    Seems very spot on.

7. YellowS2KVTEC

Apr 12, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    The multi requires tons of teamwork, like medics giving health and reviving. Assault gives ammo. Recon(sniper) can spot people easier and has C4 and Mortar strikes. And engineer has a RPG or similar launcher.

A cool thing to do with a RPG is to shoot a tracking dart onto a flying helicopter then when you pull out ur RPG it can lock on to the heli and blow it to hell!

The multi player is amazing in this game. Not so run and gun as COD and requires lots of teamwork.

8. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #8 SPEEDCORE, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
    I played squad deathmatch the other night! That was fun! We picked up the Bradley and we owned the map :D

Bradley is my fav vehicle at the moment :D tho have to keep out for AT mines :eek:

Wish they would fix spawn camping tho. In 1943 you wouldnt get points for spawn camping kills. They should do the same here.

9. YellowS2KVTEC

Apr 12, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    Thats true, it can happen in squad deathmatch.

I reccomend playing Hardcore.
    Much more realistic. 1 shot kills with snipers.

Rush mode is where its at!

10. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Hmm, I might have to look into this game.

11. saleenfan

saleenfan Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    No Where
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I just got the game and HOLY SH*( this game is massive! I am a sniper at heart (i actually long range target shoot in my spare time) and this thing is pretty damn good. there are a few small areas that just dont seem to be nearly as polished and smooth as COD. For example there have been multiple times where i have mysteriously fallen through a roof that i was sitting on, or falling off of a ladder etc etc. I also dont like the fact you cant lay down in the game. Overall though I would say that the good FAR!!!! outweighs the bad. I love the team aspect of it and the way that you can spot guys as a scout/re con. Great game but the thing that keeps me coming back to COD is my friends play it, i guess I have to convince them to buy it.

12. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Haven't tried Hardcore yet but it sounds like a sniperfest. I'm still levelling my classes I'll give it a go when I have more decent weapons.

I like mixing it up a bit of Conquest and Rush. They need to fix the ticket system. When we own the other team and they all leave the tickets don't move.

Which rifle do you own/shoot? :D

You prob fell off the roof because they blew it up :p Ladders are a problem for most games, getting up no issue, getting down = death! haha. :D

Yeah prone is nice because other games have it, but they prob don't implement it because recon would be over powered in the game it and finding a good tree or rock makes you virtually invisible anyway.

Anyone can spot guys, just use the back button even in vehicles you can spot. I wish more people would do it.

Yeah BC2 is more squad based then COD, you really need to twist arms with your friends! Playing in a squad puts the game in a league of it's own :D

13. serious groper

serious groper Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Mr Groper
    Grabbed this on the weekend after having a go on a mates PS3.

I think it's bloody brilliant on the PS3 although i do miss the keyboard and mouse from the PC. I might buy one for the PS3.

How are you guys levelling up quickly?

I'm nearly at rank 4 and found the engineer to be the best way to get points. Blow up a couple of tanks a round and it's an easy 300+ points killing the people inside. Capture some bases, kill some people on the side, get some flags and i am getting around 1,000 points + winning bonus per round.

Although already i see people base raping with the choppers. It's poor sportsmanship IMO and i leave the game when that happens.

14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Preston
    I actually think MW2 and BC2 are on different ends of the spectrum. I play MW2 when I'm alone and want to be able to jump in a game and do my own thing. The graphics are MUCH better, something I did not notice until I played them back to back.

When I'm with friends and in a squad though, BC2 is so much more fun. The sound effects alone make it worth while. You have to use tactics to succeed and there seem to be less whiney voiced little kids playing which is kinda nice. The maps are HUGE an provide a lot of opportunities to get the jump on the enemy and use teamwork/flanking etc.

I thought the vehicles would be cheezy, but I actually enjoy them a lot.

Best would be MW2 graphics with BC2 squad play and environmental destruction.

15. serious groper

Apr 9, 2009
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Mr Groper
    I played MW2 and BC2 back to back but for me i much preferred BC2 due to the sounds and gameplay. BC2 is difficult to play on your own but it's hard to find someone with brains to play with. I'll get in a tank with some bloke driving, we get bombed so i jump out and start to repair the tank, he then drives off..... only to get blown up.

Playing BF2 on the PC years ago a small group of us would run skype in the background. We would absolutely own everyone because of the teamwork.

Can you run 2 x PS3's and 2 x LCD's in the same house and play online with different accounts?

16. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Look at the insignias you get 5000 and 10000 pts levelling those up, so once you get say all your engineer pts its time to move class. I got 17000pts in 1 round I thought that was impressive till I heard someone got over 70000pts! :eek:

Yeah it's annoying with spawn campers but that's a problem with a lot of games. In 1943 at least you didn't get points for spawn camping.

Does it really matter which has the best graphics side by side. Isn't that what PC gaming is for?

Yeah I don't think MW2 engine could handle the environmental destruction and large maps.

Yes the sounds are awesome on bc2!

Yeah you need a good squad to really get the most out of the game. Hahaha I too have the same issue with clowns driving off when you are trying to repair them. I'm yelling at them but of course they can't hear me :eek:

That's a huge bonus with XBL how easy it is to chat to ppl in the party, the mic connects to your controller so everyone usually has a mic.

17. serious groper

Apr 9, 2009
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Mr Groper
    Were those points on PC or PS3?

Most i got on PS3 was 1,400 but it seems like the PC points are much larger?

18. YellowS2KVTEC

Apr 12, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    Medic you can get TONS of pts. 80 pts for every revive and throwing med packs everywhere usually ends up in you getting massive amounts of points.

Sniper you dont get to many points but the .50 cal M95 is soo sick when you finally get it.

Engineer points are pretty good, and a blast if you manage to track helicopters then lock on and shot them down.

Assault a little more run and gun however you can get a decent amount of points for throwing down your ammo.

Overall id say medic you can get the most points.

Also, in hardcore i have come across a few lobbies that there are tons of snipers and its lame but i come across more that are really even.
    I prefer Hardcore by i landslide.
    You do have to watch out for snipers because 1 shot and your down, but thats how it would be in real life so you end up having to play a little more tactically and communicate with your squad.

I havent played COD MW2 since the demo came out for BC2 months before the games release.

WOW

19. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Xbox 360. I'm not talking about the game pts you get for bases, kills, class actions, which I average anything from 1000-3000 usually, I'm talking about getting the achievements with pins and insignias which are bonuses. It would be strange for them to leave it out of the PS3 version.

20. saleenfan

saleenfan Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    No Where
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    #20 saleenfan, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
    The rifle im working on now is an old school WWII Mosin Nagant 91/30. I found one that had a bore that rivaled an out of the box gun and I decided to make it into a tack driver. So far I have floated the barrel (with a little cork at the tip) bedded the action and got a custom scope mount, Trigger job and way too much polishing to reduce lock time. With what I am planning on doing I'm hoping/planning to be able to shoot less than a 5" group at 300-400 yards. right now im shooting a little more than a 2" group at 150 yards if I do my part. Up next is a new walnut or laminate stock (havent decided yet) probably a different scope as im not liking my weak ass 3-5 scope for longer range. Also Ive got a few more things to try internally, mostly with the trigger to try and get it more of a glass break than the longer pull it has now.

21. JDZNate

JDZNate Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I picked it up a few weeks ago but haven't opened up the box to play it. Been working on Bio Shock 2 still.

22. cozmogeek

cozmogeek Rookie

Mar 12, 2009
    Bellevue WA
    Same here. I have to limit myself to one game at a time otherwise I get distracted and never go back to the other games. I'd never finish a single game if I didn't. There's always something new coming out trying to steal my attention away.

23. Ulmis

Ulmis Formula Junior

Apr 16, 2005
    I play on PC, mainly Rush mode, and almost always I am a medic :)
    I like to ressurect the guys :D

Unfortunately I`am not very good at killing enemies, lol, I find it quit hard for the matter

24. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Nice :)

Also why can't they release a damn patch this century :(

25. YellowS2KVTEC

Apr 12, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    Speedcore, whats wrong with BC2?

I havent ran into any problems worth even talking about.

Just curious?