My car is 100% road legal | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My car is 100% road legal

Discussion in '308/328' started by GrigioGuy, Apr 4, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarkJ

MarkJ Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2006
    NW Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Mark Jones
    Great ideas, but I think the barbequed plate will require a zip-loc to keep the carpets clean.

2. jratcliff

jratcliff Formula 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    So, your thinkin Hickory or Mesquite? :)

John

3. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I remember visiting Ferrari of Seattle and they had reflective stickers made of the license plates. There were significantly smaller than a real plate, but they said that they or their owners never got harassed. Not sure it would fly elsewhere, but it may be an option.

GT

4. kemullins63

kemullins63 Karting

Feb 12, 2010
    Kansas City Missouri
    Full Name:
    Kirk
    #29 kemullins63, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
    Birdman (love your fuse blocks by the way), We also made radar guns for sports use, ie. baseball. Not many reflective surfaces on that little round leather wrapped ball :)
    It would have been more accurate i suppose for me to have said the requirement is 'mass' and has nothing to do with reflectiveness. I believe the radar used in tracking aircraft is different than what law enforcement use also.

5. wakko

wakko Rookie

Jul 18, 2006
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Eric Becker
    I dont run with a front plate. I should in IL, but I have never been given a hard time over it, and yes I have been pulled over a few times.

6. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Weren't these available in europe during the late 80's and 90's? It would be great for all states to make this an option, at the car owners additional expense of course.

7. f1lupo

f1lupo Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Johnny S
    #32 f1lupo, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    ahh feels great now that I don't have to worry about getting pulled over for my front plate anymore :) big thanks to Bob (chairpilot) for making this great front plate holder for my 328..I love it !

btw, this is the 1st version.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    Turn around? Why? You have rear view mirrors, right? What if they're tailgaiting you? What if they "bumped" you? What if someone is "following" you? Not the most likely scenarios but legitimate possibilities all the same.

License plates have always been primarily to identify vehicles. That being said, it's rather silly to only be able to identify a vehicle from one end (and I still don't like front license plates on "nice" cars and don't have a front plate on one of my cars).