Carfax please | FerrariChat

Carfax please

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ENZOFORZA, Apr 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ENZOFORZA

ENZOFORZA Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    DUXBURY, MA
    Full Name:
    JAKE
    TIA vin#WP0JB2921LS860254 if you can email [email protected] that would be great tytyty

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#2 dm_n_stuff, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    only costs $14 more than the subscription here.

Every time I see one of these, i wonder, "Hmmm. . . if you're gonna spring for a car, can't you spring for your own carfax?"

But then again, that's just me.

DM
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. markgllc

markgllc Karting

Dec 25, 2008
    Fairborn, OH
    Yes car comes with a car fox and a pooh-sey magnet....installed. Sorry couldn't resist.

Personally the info I've ever gotten from a car fax report didn't help me all that much. Driving the car is very important to me. A good PPI will give you the info you need to ensure you know what you are getting. A car fax won't.

4. 50hdmc

50hdmc Formula 3

Oct 10, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    mark s
    +1....what irritates me is the guy who purchases a $100,000 plus used car, makes use of the forum for info daily, but can't/won't purchase a subscription.

5. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    +2

6. ENZOFORZA

ENZOFORZA Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    DUXBURY, MA
    Full Name:
    JAKE
    Sorry, I thought that Carfax still ran the unlimited searches option that many people on the forum had. I guess they changed it to a max of 5 and you gotta pay up again. I need a couple done so Ill have a few searches left over if anyone needs one PM me

7. mwhitesell

mwhitesell Formula 3

Sep 17, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I would check around. I know there are a few other companies that do searches that include auction notes. These tend to have some great info. I know of several cars in serious accidents that have a clean carfax, but that info shows up in the auction notes.
    This is of course only the best first step before you decide to do a PPI.