Lugs / Bolts for wheels | FerrariChat

Lugs / Bolts for wheels

Discussion in '360/430' started by m.roberts, Apr 19, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    So I just bought some Scuderia wheels for my 430. Will the regular bolts fit and look good, or do I need to upgrade to a different set of bolts to match or fit properly?

Thanks!

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Fit? Yes.
    Look good? Its a matter of preference. On the dark grey wheels, some people think the chrome bolts are too shiny.

3. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    are there any options for dark/titanium (non chrome/polished) lugs, ones that don't cost 1,000.00 like the titanium ones I see on eBay?

Any suggestions where to buy?

4. zeke_dog9

zeke_dog9 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Texas baby
    #4 zeke_dog9, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    i put the scud wheels on my 430.
    the titanium lugs seem to really go with the dark finish.
    i got lucky finding my set, keep looking hopefully you can find a deal
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    I bought a set of Ti bolts for my 360 direct from the manufacturer Poggipolini. They cost around £500 IIRC. Thread here.

www.poggipolini.it

6. valias

valias Rookie

Apr 11, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Valias
    Just about to buy a set myself. Have done quite a bit of research and concluded as follows:

1. Main dealer will try to sell you a kit for "Scud Style" wheels, but the kit DOES NOT include the studs you need.
    2. Guidance from Ferrari is "The wheel must only be used with the monobloc titanium studs for a combination that corresponds to the technical limit of lightweight suspended masses"
    3. I am advised that the holes are tool small to accomodate a regular wheel brace so you CAN NOT use the old studs (this seems to contradict the earlier post here, but that's what the dealer says). This makes sense to me since the Scud studs a alan key style; and finally
    4. Depending on the colour you go for, silver studs might not look great, especially if you're going for the grey.

As I said, I am looking for purchase a set too, so please let me know if you have a set for sale in the UK :)

Hope this helps and good luck with your search!

7. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa
    #7 spiderscott, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. valias

valias Rookie

Apr 11, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Valias
    May I ask where you got them from?

9. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa
    i got mine on ebay uk, just by chance saw them. Have not seen any since then for sale but will post links for any i see in future on here.

strange prob with mine was although a sealed box, my hex adapter to remove/fit the bolts was missing. Not a prob as its simply a 17mm hex adapter that you can buy for £6 anywhere. ... soo my set actually cost me £406 !! :O)