F1 Viewing | FerrariChat

F1 Viewing

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Jim Frentress, Apr 16, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jim Frentress

Jim Frentress Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2007
    Laguna Niguel, CA United States
    Full Name:
    James Frentress
    My cable is out and won't be repaired until after the race. Does anyone know of a public F1 viewing venue for the China Grand Prix?

2. jenniferq

jenniferq Formula 3

Apr 14, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    HC Ferrari Members,

Since my previous email announcing a Grand Prix watch at Cover 3 on the 18th it turns out that John Eagle European and Zinger Hardware (who owns a Lotus) are sponsoring a watch at the same time and place. We are invited to join them. Luke and we have checked the place out previously and the food and place are very good! Please see the announcement below:

John Eagle European, Zinger Hardware and Cover 3 are hosting the first ever F1 @ Cover 3 event next Sunday April 18th starting at 12:30pm. We will have the Chinese Grand Prix playing in a private section of Cover 3 for members of our Grand Prix Club. Cover 3 will be serving their full menu of delicious food and drinks with a percentage of proceeds going to the Austin Area Food Bank.

Come out and enjoy the race with great food, drinks and other enthusiasts!!!

To be allowed in the viewing area you must stop by Zinger Hardware this week to pick up your pit pass.

Zinger Hardware and Cover 3 are both located on Anderson Lane close to Burnett near the Alamo Drafthouse.

Thanks!

Mike Lambert

President
    Hill Country Chapter
    Ferrari Club of America

3. Jim Frentress

Mar 7, 2007
    Full Name:
    James Frentress
    Which club do I need to join? I'm a member of Aston Martin Club, Ferrari Club, and some others. Recently moved here from Seattle where the clubs are very active, but I've mostly been out of the country since moving.

I can add several F1 Ferrari fans to the mix, just tell me how I join!

Thanks!

4. jenniferq

jenniferq Formula 3

Apr 14, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    I'm sure if you go by Zinger, which I still need to do, and get your pass, you can get in with no problem. They want bodies to help with the $300 minimum for the private room, I believe.

I only meant that by being a member of the club you would have received the email I copied above. I joined FCA and then the Hill Country chapter at http://www.hcferrariclub.org/

From memory, the HC chapter was free! Can't beat that. We did a nice drive last month to Fredericksburg and they have a breakfast every 4th Sat.

Good luck! Might see you Sunday.

J

5. Jim Frentress

Mar 7, 2007
    Full Name:
    James Frentress
    Yes, we'll definitely be there Sunday. Thanks for the info.

6. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    So you must be the person I was just talking to. Good to see you on here & if you are already a member of the FCA, I'll make sure Mike adds you to the email distribution list.

7. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    It's good to see you on here also Jennifer. Don't let the Cali haters deter you. :) It's a fantastic car & yours is the perfect color combo IMHO.

8. Jim Frentress

Mar 7, 2007
    Full Name:
    James Frentress
    Nice meeting everyone today. Michael and all the organizers; super job. Cover 3 is an excellent venue, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Jennifer, thanks again for connecting us with this event, and for the engaging conversation during the race. I missed your new TDF/Cuio (my absolute favorite) California, but the pictures Mike took are really gorgeous. Jason, nice to connect, and I will definitely come by to see the Rapide when it arrives. John, your generosity of tickets for the opera this Wednesday is very much appreciated. My son and I are looking forward to it. Getting more Aston owners out is always a challenge. Perhaps i can help with some ideas next time we chat.

9. Michael Frentress

Oct 29, 2008
    Full Name:
    Michael Frentress
    #9 Michael Frentress, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    It was nice to meet you Michael. I would love to see any other photos you might have taken.

11. Jim Frentress

Mar 7, 2007
    Full Name:
    James Frentress
    Seattle/Portland (where we lived before Austin) had very active clubs with many cars and many very large collections (like Jon Shirley's.) Michael has photographed and ridden in very many exotic cars from events in those locations. You'd probably have to visit our house and dig through the Terabytes of pictures to see even a small portion of them.

12. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    #12 TexasMike, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
    That's nice, but I was really just referring to the photos from this particular event. As a photographer, I'm always interested in seeing other photographer's work.

BTW, this was not a FCA event. We usually have many more Ferraris at our events. I haven't done too bad myself here in little 'ole Austin Texas. ;) http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139484986&postcount=301