A Nice Ride | FerrariChat

A Nice Ride

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by tr0768, Apr 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tr0768

tr0768 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    maltby wa
    Full Name:
    Howard Musolf
    Today I stopped all the nonsense I've been doing and took the 400i Cabriolet out for a spin. I filled the tank and just put the top down and cruised through the countryside. I had sorta forgot how nice a ride the 400i is.

The top was down the exhaust was purring and the weather was sunny. I kicked it up to 60 mph on the tight turn country roads, hmm that was just what I needed, better than the therapist at $350.00 per hour. All in all a wonderful afternoon.

Howard musolf
    1982 400i Cabriolet
    Maserati Spider
    2 many brass era cars

2. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Sounds great, Howard. I've always said that owning and driving a Ferrari is cheaper, works better and is more fun than seeing a therapist!

Many happy smiles and miles with the cab!

3. RMSI

RMSI Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    As a therapist, I feel the need to say...

...$350 an hour? Damn! I may have to move to your neck of the woods - my Ferrari dreams sure would come true much more quickly with that kind of scratch!

Glad you got to take her out, and it sounds like you got what you needed out of the experience! Ferraris as adaptive coping... I like it.

4. Allard54

Allard54 Karting

Dec 11, 2009
    CT.
    Full Name:
    Marcel Perlman Ph.D.
    At $ 350/hr I'm moving down there too...I had our 412 out yesterday from Danbury to Pocono Raceway and back...first longish run in the car and it was a joy...a few minor issues but no problems...was all you could ask for...great day, great company, and a great car....Marc

5. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Way to go Howard. I too find that a nice ride out in the country does wonders for the soul. Do it more often.

6. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    did you do a new top and trim? needed that bad. just want to know. was a very nice car. mitchell

7. tr0768

tr0768 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    maltby wa
    Full Name:
    Howard Musolf
    I have not replaced the top as of yet. I have scheduled that and the weather stripping for next winter. I also have my guys scheduled to do some minor paint work and carpets at the same time. Candy just enjoys driving this car not quite as a daily driver but alternating with her Maserati Spider, weather permitting(remember we live in Seattle). It is one damn fine ride.

Howard Musolf
    1982 400i Cabriolet
    Maserati Spider
    2 many brass era cars.

8. tr0768

tr0768 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    maltby wa
    Full Name:
    Howard Musolf
    I have wondered how you have been doing, I have missed your input and postings here. I hope your health has not taken you away from your love, Ferrari 400's. I have been concerned over your absence.

I have so appreciated your time and input on my behalf imparting your knowledge and information to me as a newbie. I have owned and still have an ecelectic collection of vehicles and have become acquainted with fellow collectors from around the world,and guys like you just naturallly rise to the top of the list.

Dave, gentlemen like you make this hobby a pleasure to participate in. Please stay healthy and keep posting!!!!!!!

Howard Musolf
    1982 400i Cabriolet
    Maserati Spider
    2 many brass era cars.

9. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Pretty nice of you to say, thank you.

My health is improving. To be honest I function most days now without any kind of pain killer and am doing quite a bit of physical work which is not only good for the body but also good for the soul. I've been spending quite a bit of time up at the ranch and that seems to help a lot. Long walks, hard work, and an abundance of nature....seriously how bad could it be?

I haven't done anything interesting with any of my cars except sell my Dino, a story which I'm sure will get published here soon by the new owner.

I'll start posting more...........

Frankly I'm humbled that anyone would miss me and with my big ego that says a lot! :D

10. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Dave

I didn't know you were selling the GT4! I might have been tempted...

Aidan