Here another bad model... | FerrariChat

Here another bad model...

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Ferrari!, Feb 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari!

Ferrari! Rookie

Jan 15, 2004
    #1 Ferrari!, Feb 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I read the last contribution over the Modena. Why do all excite themselves in such a way ??? Because the model from Germany is ??? Here a wonderful model from the USA !!! It comes from a dealer that all much praises here!!! The model costs with it US$ 200. - .... it is a beautiful Model - work. Regards Ferrari!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Man the model is terrible if you bought it from a model company .. Who is the responsable company ? Pleae give us the name .... Its very important for collector know what are buying ? And thanks for your contribution....

3. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Probably Cavallino Models...

4. Ferrari!

Ferrari! Rookie

Jan 15, 2004
    How do you come on this dealer?

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i HIGHLY doubt that; Cavallino Models does GREAT work...

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Man, I'm glad I'm not selling my models. If you look at my models this closely you wouldn't even need an arrow to pinpoint flaws.

Why are we scrutineering that much? Because of the $ 200 tag?

Granted there are flaws there, but how about looking at the overall picture of this customized car?

Or how about looking at a Bburago, Maisto or Ertl 1/18 model? Technically flawless, but riddled with inaccuracies like all plastic grey engine, chrome exhaust pipes and nonsense like that. The 288 GTO I got from Bburago is the worst with tan interior to name one example.

So what do you prefer, a technically perfect model that is inaccurate or a slightly flawed model representing the real world? Yeah, we'd prefer a realistic model flawlessly done. But for $ 200?

I don't sell my models (and couldn't even if I tried), but if I had to, $ 200 would never cover the amount of work I put into them. $ 500 would be more realistic. I think it is time to relax a bit.

PS: I got a handmade model from Cavallino Models. It isn't 100% perfect either, but I would never complain as it is a one off that somebody made by hand.

7. Ferrari!

Ferrari! Rookie

Jan 15, 2004
    I must unfortunately disappoint you!

8. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    Very poor job on an already poor model... Such a waste of money.

9. Ferrari!

Ferrari! Rookie

Jan 15, 2004
    It does not concern this model. I do not understand only the excitement with the first Modena. Many models have small errors. But one exaggerated in the first Thread very much. I paid the price and got this model. I had pitch and from it learned. Finished.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I agree with you. BTW, I don't think that was an Anti Germany sentiment, nor should we have an Anti American sentiment with this car here either.

You said it yourself "many models have small errors" and I agree with that. Let's accept this and move on with our lives. Or get one. Sheesh.

11. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    I agree with tifosi ...
    But I have seen Cavallino models and they are so good .. and very good details, I only want to know which is the company ?? Looking the pictures is not a Cavallino models for the base of the car, But I don;t know !!
    Anyway $200 for this model is extereemly expensive !! If I received something like that, Return inmediately !! :(

12. cavallinomodels

cavallinomodels Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    USA
    Hello Everyone,

I would like everyone to know that we offer Jan (Ferrari!) refund of $175.00. But Jan was looking to bargain price down and decided to attack us on public forum. That's his choice.

To whom Jan is unknown, he is www.cavallinomodels.de and some other model sites. He has similar model for sale at 299.00 Euro. So you all should understand his intensions.

I would not discuss his reputation on public forum.

All I want everyone to understand that we try to solve any questions regarding quality of our models, specially one off hand made models.

We wish all good luck and enjoy all Ferraris.

www.cavallinomodels.com

13. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    cavallinomodels did right by me.

I think I might just be too picky to be buying custom models.

Luke.

14. Ferrari!

Ferrari! Rookie

Jan 15, 2004
    I would not like to be wrongly understood. I would not like to attack anybody. I have an example given also different models small errors to have. I made nobody a reproach. The model which we do not sell is with this to compare. We build it in another quality. Therefore the Price is importantly higher. We got an offer for the cancelling of the model. We must pay however the costs for the dispatch. Alone the Shipping to Cavallinomodels is US$ 50,00. That was for us no good offer. Therefore we have the model here. The case is for a long time settled for us. We saw the quality and convinced us of the work. Our Website is www.Cavallinomodels.de

15. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    The car is hideous, and he should have ALL of his money refunded. There is no excuse for these so-called custom builders to produce such crap for that kind of money. I'm glad he put it on a public forum, and so we can steer clear of these rip-off artists.

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just for the record: *I* do not consider Cavallinomodels as a rip-off artist.

17. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    the only thing i know, without looking from who the model is : it is BAD !!!!

Sorry, i don't wanna by this, or it must be a Mattel or Bburago price.

18. cavallinomodels

Feb 2, 2004
    USA
    Maximo_Tifoso,

Great choice of words. I guess Jan accomplished what he intended to do. Harm our reputation.

Here's some of our satisfied customer emails:

Hi Rita,
    I received both Ferraris you sent me today just fine and of course I'm thrilled with them.
    As with the Azzurro Modena I won from you earlier on eBay, the Ingrid paint on the F355 and the silver on the 348 coupe are absolutely gorgeous. They will easily be the prized models in my collection.
    For me these two are my favorite Ferraris and now I have each of them in my favorite colors.
    I will have another order for you in the next few days however I'm going to sit back and enjoy these for the next few hours.
    My regards to the people involved in making these models.
    Let them know that in my books they're perfect.
    Kind regards,
    Mark E.
    Toronto

Hi,
    I received the Bianco White 1/18 scale Ferrari Testarosa today Friday, February 13, 2004. The model looks great I can't thank you enough for the wonderful job you did on it. It was a pleasure doing business with you and I will recommend you to anyone who would like a beautiful custom made model.

Thank you again
    Anna C.

tifosi12,

Thank you for kind words. We are not in business to rip people off. We stand behind of anything we sell. We have over 2000 satisfied customers and if we had problems we wouldn't be in business.

Check with Rob on quality of his model, that we custom made for him.

Good luck to all.

www.cavallinomodels.com

19. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    Cavillinomodels:

I apologize if you took the 'rip-off artists' to heart. It just that this is the the second complaint in two weeks regarding customized Ferraris that sell for a premium. I still stand behind my words when it comes to selling that particular model for $200......that I consider a rip-off!!! I have bought four models form cavillino myself, so your reputation is fine by me. Those models were not customized however, just rare colors that I had trouble getting a hold of. however, I cant' justify spending that kind of money for bad worksmanship with little attention to detail.

20. Ferrari!

Ferrari! Rookie

Jan 15, 2004
    hello again, I believe that some did not understand for which it here go. I HAVE N O T SAID : " ... see this BAD Model from Cavallinomodels.com" ! It concerned to me the Modena from Steffen. I wanted to show that nearly each model small errors have. "Tifosi" understood. Now I white why Rita (Cavallinomodels) a controversy does not begin. This discussion is unnecessary. I think which we different conception of work and models have. Therefore I NEVER said the name "Cavallinomodels" in this Thread!!! My Posting and you read it will recognize.

Thanks.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You can add me to your list of satisfied customers as I have received the Pininfarina Rosso from you.

22. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I guess the bottom line is "Don't send anything out if it looks bad" Granted, we are talking small here, but still...I think people would be willing to wait for a good job than to pay $200 for one that is not satisfactory. I've never ordered from Cavallino and I'm sure they do great work, all of us can mess up from time to time. Someone must check them before they get sent out. That's it.

23. cavallinomodels

Feb 2, 2004
    USA
    Andreas thank you.

24. cavallinomodels

Feb 2, 2004
    USA
    this is what the custom model looks like.

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I just read the thread. I don't have much to say. The custom model I got from Cavallino was better quality than I even expected. Amazing they could just view pictures of my car and duplicate the graphics. All other work I've seen by them was great too. The pictures from this thread show a poorer quality, but I don't think that is disputed for this case. Cavallino Models offered a refund like any reputable business would.