Red Line Motors? | FerrariChat

Red Line Motors?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by mauibum, Nov 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mauibum

mauibum Rookie

Sep 27, 2003
    Aldie, VA
    Full Name:
    Jim Morris
    Has anyone here had any experience with Red Line Motors in Purcellville, VA?

I'm looking for a good shop close to home to handle repairs on my 308. FMoW is always and option but it is not that close to home and I am always trying to pinch my pennies (gotta save up for my next F-car).

2. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Sorry, haven't either had or heard of any experience with them.

3. BobO

BobO Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Loudoun Co, VA
    Full Name:
    Bob O
    If you try 'em let us know how you make out. I live in Lovettsville and would love to find a place closer than Grand Touring.

4. mauibum

mauibum Rookie

Sep 27, 2003
    Aldie, VA
    Full Name:
    Jim Morris
    Will do. I live in Bluemont so they are only about 12 miles from home, much more convenient.

5. wfo900

wfo900 Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2003
    Annapolis
    Full Name:
    Rich C
    They have not worked on my car but I had the owner as an instructor at a FoW track day and he accurately diagnosed a minor electrical glitch while sitting in the passenger seat. He is also a hell of a driver.

6. FerrariChallenged

Jan 14, 2009
    Anyone have any recent experience with Red Line in Purcellville? Didn't know if anyone has tried them as an alternative after the recent changes at FOW

7. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Is the owner a guy named Tom? If so, I visited the shop a few years (probably 3) ago and looked at a car that they were selling.

I didn't wind up getting the car,but the owner was a true pleasure to deal with. In addition to the usual test drive, he put the car on a lift for me and let me go over the car inch-by-inch. His assessments were straightforward, to-the-point and invariably accurate.

I don't remember any F-cars in the shop -- they seemed more Porsche-oriented when I visited -- but the way he ran his shop (and his interaction with other customers) seemed very good.

Again, I didn't buy the car or have any repairs done, but, based on my experience, I'd definitely give them a chance.

8. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Tom Stewart Jr's shop. Never been there but know him and his father. Both are great people. His dad owns large collection of vintage Italian cars. Jr seems to cater to Porsche racers and is a capable race instructor. I'm sure if you are to ask him if he can provide a certain service for your F-car, you'd get an honest answer.

9. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That's good to hear -- he definitely was a very courteous shop owner and didn't hesitate to spend time with me and look at the car. I appreciated his time and honesty.

10. Superveloce83

Superveloce83 Rookie

Aug 28, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    Full Name:
    Corey
    There's a small independent shop in Sterling that specializes in italian and english cars. The guy has been working with exotics for about 10yrs on the west coast and just started a place out here in '09. Let em know if you want his contact info.

11. JCM

JCM Karting

Oct 19, 2004
    Williamsburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John McCauley
    Who is it and who has experience with him?

12. DinoDriver

DinoDriver Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    Give Patrick Pegues at European Service Center a call. He can do Ferraris up to and including 328s. He's a long-time FCA member, an outstanding SCCA racer (in Alfas) and he owns this very "rustic" sports car shop. When I can't solve a problem on my Dino, I go to Patrick for advice and he's a great help. He's well worth a try considering the convenience and price if that's the primary criteria.

Bill in Leesburg

13. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McKeown
    +1

*Very* capable shop with that nice small town feel. Patrick solved a lot of vintage issues that FoW could not or did not want to handle.

14. Superveloce83

Superveloce83 Rookie

Aug 28, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    Full Name:
    Corey
    The shop is Exotic Car Specialties, the owner is a friend and helps me out with my Subaru on occasion (I don't own an exotic) so I'm not able to answer "who has experience with him" that well. I can say I've seen alot of good cars there, some vintage Ferraris, Rolls Royce's, there's always 3 or 4 newer ferraris hanging around. Almost everytime I've been there I see engines either slightly taken apart or completely...I know recently he had both a Ferrari and a Lambo V8 he was working on.