Speeding ticket in Dekalb County | FerrariChat

Speeding ticket in Dekalb County

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by spyderman33, May 17, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spyderman33

spyderman33 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    so the officer says I was doing 54 in a 35 which is total BS because I was actually getting ready to turn with my dog in the back of my SUV who had just gotten major surgery. at any rate, I have a FL license and need some assistance fighting this.. from what I gather, 14 and under you dont get points but I am at 19 so that would definitely give me points.. Any suggestions on ticket attorneys in the area that have been used?

I dont want points because they will nail me on insurance...

Thanks in advance guys...

2. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    Where were you just out of curiousity?

3. spyderman33

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Briarcliff Rd, right off of Clifton (right by the Fox 5 TV Studios)...

4. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    A few blocks from me, and one of DeKalb's few real speed traps. I know that everyone who gets stopped by the police is innocent, but you'd be shocked how easily you can get up to 54 on that stretch. Nonetheless, good luck fighting it - no doubt some members here will have some experience with that bit. :)

5. spyderman33

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Well I am not saying that it's not possible but I know my car and I know how the feel of 55 MPH on 35 MPH road... After 20+ years driving, you get that Spidey sense and I can tell you with a fair amount of confidence that I wasnt doing nearly that much, Maybe more like 45ish but not 54... there were multiple cars on the road that day, it was 7pm and that area is heavily traveled... I agree that you can get up rather quickly because it's downhill but no reason for me to feel a doubt... I have no issue saying, dude, you got me but when I dont think it's true, it feels like crap because no amount of arguing will get the speed down...

I have gotten off many times before so sometimes those catch up to you... This one is mine.. not a big deal, just live and learn and move on...

No recommendations for attorneys from anyone?

Need one by end of week to take my case...

6. Redlambo

Redlambo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2004
    Pendergrass GA
    Full Name:
    Vic Woloschinow
    Contact Frank Parker www.deminglaw.com maybe he can help you. He is a long time member, poster and Ferrari owner here. On another note did you ask to see the radar reading while pulled over? It is the best way to verify whether or not you indeed were traveling that fast. Best of luck, Vic