Ferrari Automobili 1947-1953 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Automobili 1947-1953

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by tongascrew, May 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Millanta,Orsini & Zagari authors. I was finally able to locate a copy. Expensive but TE Warth had two copies.Now they have one as of yesterday. Thought someone might be interested. just one man's opinion tongascrew

2. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    One of the best Ferrari book ever. Price is not very important with such a book...

3. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    I have also seen this book on abebooks. Unfortunately no pictures of the book shown and condition 3 out of 5. Hard to tell the condition of the book and personally no experience with this seller. Though i'm allways interested in books covering the early period of Ferrari. Would like to hear your experience with this seller and could you please provide me some pictures of the book when recieved? Many thanks!

Maarten

4. bertdeboer340

bertdeboer340 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert de Boer
    With Ferrari by Mailander one of THE books...

5. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Yes, that's true...

6. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Hi I have bought thru TEWarth several times before and been very pleased. In this case no listing for this book came up in their website. It was only by going to the website of one of the authors that I found the offering. I had the same situation in coming up with a copy of "Emotion Ferrari" which I finally located thru a British seller. I don't post any pix[copyright issues] but I will post a report on the book as soon as received. just one man's opinion tongascrew

7. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    I have this book since 24 years and is does show how much use it has had since.

8. richardowen

richardowen Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    My version is in Italian. Is there an English copy available?

9. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Looking forward to hear your opinion on the book. I was more interested in a picture of the cover (To identify the book) and the condition of the book and the way it arrived at your door.

Did some searching myself and have found a picture of the cover. I know what to look for!

10. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    No but if you can find some nice student type who would like to do a trasnslation let me know. I will contribute to the cause just one man's opinion tongascrew

11. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    It arrived!!! Really extraudinary book. The copy I received looks as if never opened. I don't speak Italian but you can figure out some to the text with the pictures. Unlike "Emotion Ferrari" there is no mention of s/ns.Only some of the pix I have seen before.The emphasis is on the Formula cars. It will be fun researching the s/ns. just one man's opinion tongascrew

12. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    I agree it is one of the best Ferrari books. Very few copies came to the US when it was first issued. I would still like to see Marcel do a book on the 125s, 159s and 166s. :)

13. Ferri

Ferri Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hugo Garritsen
  14. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Thank you both for your help! It is on my wishlist now. Searching for an example from now on...

Maarten

15. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Hi, Google, Corrado Millanta. That is where I found the T E Warth offering for the book. They had one left after I bought mine. They also have a search option available for books not in stock. I believe ABE Books also has this. Good luck just one man's opinion tongascrew

16. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Just curious. What was the price ??

17. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Sorry, but if you have to ask you probably don't really want it.If the T E Warth copy is still available the price is listed. Finally, I took a very deep breath..... and bought it. just one man's opinion tongascrew

18. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    I just saw the price on T E Warth. Thanks.

19. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
  20. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009

Well , i have tried Hortons during the Le-Mans Classic and they had an copy in excellent condition. Took two very deep breaths ;) and also bought it. I'm glad i did! It is really an outstanding piece of literature.

21. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Is there text or photos of 002 (C)?

22. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Just got back from the Le-Mans Classic where i finally have been able to buy the book. Did an quick study. Yes , there are pictures and text regarding tipo 159S. I also noticed some pictures allready posted in this thread:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44512&highlight=002

However , there are no chassisnumbers mentioned in the book soo i have to figure out which picture goes where... Will take some time...

Hence it is covering the early period of Ferrari and the massive archive of the authors (Millanta , Orsini & zagari) i think this is an very important piece of literature to own.

Best,

Maarten

23. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Karting

Sep 23, 2010
    Milano, Italy
    Full Name:
    MPC
    #23 Iluvatar, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Hi, I assume you know where this copy went after you had it. I would like to comission a translation. I have tried around Boston with no luck so far. Will probably need approval from the publisher if any distribution of the translation is planned. This usually can be worked out. Let me know at [email protected] thanks tongascrew

25. sekel77

sekel77 Rookie

Nov 5, 2010
    would it be possible for you to give me some indication of the price of this book. I now may be in a position to sell my numbered copy which is in what can be best described as mint condition