Mercedes body shop recommendation in San Francisco Bay Area | FerrariChat

Mercedes body shop recommendation in San Francisco Bay Area

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SuperVixen, May 18, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SuperVixen

SuperVixen Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2007
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Super Vixen
    #1 SuperVixen, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
    One of my girl friends was in a nasty accident today and I don't know where to refer her. Where do you guys take your Benz in the bay area for body work? I don't belong to any MBZ boards so hope you don't mind me asking here. She's open to SF, San Jose, or anywhere in between. Thanks in advance.

2. kouroshoo7

kouroshoo7 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    Kourosh
    Hey S-
    You can take it to Ludwig at German auto collision.
    Its on 11th street across the street from BMW SF.
    Or you can take it to Todd at Anthonys. They are in San Rafael.

Hope shes ok.....

k

3. AutoConcierge

AutoConcierge Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Willis
    I use Dan @ Brooksmotorcars.com. They now have a shop in the city on Wisconsin Street in addition to the main shop in Oakland, great quality.

4. SuperVixen

Jan 8, 2007
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Super Vixen
    Thanks guys. I'll refer my friend to those shops. I'm sure she'll appreciate it as she is your typical clueless & helpless Asian female driver, lol. She's going to see a chiropractor today as she's in some pain. :(

5. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    Here's the only guy to take it to, IMO: http://fzrestoration.com/

Trustworthy, competent, meticulous and will coordinate with your insurance company like no other. I can't speak highly enough of Frank ...

6. SuperVixen

Jan 8, 2007
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Super Vixen
    I'll keep these places in mind for my Lotus and Audi in the future. Unfortunately all the shops that I've taken my cars to in the past are horrible & shady. I'm so sick of the slime in the car industry. Working in it has made my impressions even worse. :(

7. 335s

335s Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    T. Monma
    The ONLY Factory one...EUROTECH, in San Carlos

8. Bxtech

Bxtech Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    I would recommend Bodystyles in San Jose on Brokaw Road. Their specialty is Porsches.........but they do all kinds of high end cars. They also do concours quality work, and have produced show winning cars. Cecil Beach is the owner.......very nice guy to deal with!

9. BBL

BBL Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2006
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    :( indeed.

10. ransackman

ransackman Rookie

May 2, 2008
    hotels
    Full Name:
    KD Paul
    Second for Walter, awesome guy.

11. SuperVixen

Jan 8, 2007
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Super Vixen
    #12 SuperVixen, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
    Horrible place. I was a client for 9 years and worked there for a year. It was always hit or miss with my cars and I had to go back to get things corrected. (I've posted quite a bit about my disappointments with CD over the years on the Lotus forum.) I even sent my bf there to have his car fixed while I worked there and they did a sloppy job. We had to keep bringing his car back for weeks for them to correct their mistakes, and things are still going wrong. They haven't been able to provide him with a record of all the services performed on his car, almost a year later, after asking about a dozen times in writing and verbally. I will never refer another person there again. Working for Walter is the reason I decided to leave the car industry.

I have a decent list of friends I've referred there over the years that have had issues with them too, as well as one being dropped by his insurance after an astronomically high claim that they paid out on his car.

What I've seen in the industry is that typically the smoothest talkers are the shadiest characters. They know what to say and how to say to get your business and be chummy with you, but they may be lacking in ethics and moral fiber. I'm still searching for the exceptions. :(

12. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Karting

Aug 8, 2005
    San Francisco
    He was recommended by a "car guy" friend for whom he's done quite a lot of work. I found him a little odd and hard to talk to, the opposite of slick. In my particular experience, his work was flawless and we had zero hassles or issues. I can only go by my own experience.

13. 335s

335s Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    T. Monma
    Recent work done for me by them include:
    "flash repais"...
    1995 F1McLaren
    1955 Aston Martin Superleggerra speciale(1 of 3...)
    1935 MC-TC(?, admittedly I am NOT an MG guy, so don,t hold to model!)
    Late model v-12 Bentley saloon

a complete on-
    1960 250 S2 PF Cabriolet
    pending...
    full strip and lead sweat out for;
    1972 365GTB/4 Spyder-authentic USA version(a complete)

They can do whatever you require, IMHO...
    CIOA!

14. Phil@SFSportsCars

Sep 12, 2008
    Bay Area, CA/NY
    Dan Kim is a good friend of mine. I would send my car there with the utmost confidence.

Sorinne let me know if you need an intro to him....

Phil

15. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    Eurotech is decent but not great. They repainted 1/2 of my Mercedes that was vandalize. Although the paintjob was very good, they didn't buff the clear coat. It left me with all the glue residue on the car. I had to take it back. The job took about 3 weeks to do. They certainly have lots of business from the dealers