Broke the 360 door pull cable and found out they are NLA! | FerrariChat

Broke the 360 door pull cable and found out they are NLA!

Discussion in '360/430' started by DMaury, May 23, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    NLA as a separate cable, at least from Daniel. Ya gotta buy the latch with the cables attached; $350 or so part.

Normally I might try and source this part from a wrecked car at Italian Recycling, but I would be afraid that it would be just as weakened from exposure to water pooling in the line causing the cable to rust out.

I'll be buying it from Daniel, of course, but man, you'd think that the superseded part would be made available as an individual unit, and not having to replace the door latch, which otherwise works fine.

Gotta have it, gotta open my doors! ;)

2. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wonder if Hill Engineering will see an opportunity.....

3. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I hope so. This is such a known weak point on these cars that the market is there. Well, as much as a market as there is for aftermarket Ferrari parts

4. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
    Bad, Ferrari!

NLA is one thing that never happened with my Porsches. They keep parts on old models forever.

5. ferrarioldman

ferrarioldman Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 19, 2002
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Tom Jones
    Uhh, No they don't. Sorry but I have run into the NLA syndrome even from Porsche. I agree that they do have more parts for the older cars though. You have a recycler down your way who I thought would be very helpful but have found out that he doesn't like refunds.

6. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Micro switch went on the latch of my 996 Cab- Could not buy the switch had to buy the entire latch assembly- same thing...

7. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    does the 430 use the same cable?

8. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    From the parts lists at Ricambi, yes, it is a common cable. Why? Ya got a few loose ones lying around? ;)

9. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    No, but I have changed both mine in the past. I'll try and find a few for my spares locker!!!

10. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    is there a do it yourself post on this repair? I think I remember one awhile back... have not had this happen (yet?) you great at doing repair posts- get us some pics & a step-by step if its not out there in plain wording..

11. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Yep, that's much nicer write up on a repair that I could do. Anyway, I'm punking out on this one and having the car taken down to the shop in New Orleans. I'm just too busy at work and with 4 of my 5 kids playing baseball AND tying to put a buddy’s MGB back together that I’ve been restoring in time for his wedding that I'm surprising him with to do it myself.

Yes, I know, I suck. ;)

12. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    I'd sure love to hear further info on what's up with this. Daniel?

I bought one about a year ago and now am kicking myself that I didn't just buy another for the other door as that one is starting to feel a little sloppy.

How in the hell can something that is such a "wear" item, on a relatively newish vehicle, already be obsolete???
    Wishful thinking that you were given bogus info..... :(