355 PIS Reset Process | FerrariChat

355 PIS Reset Process

Discussion in '348/355' started by judd10, May 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. judd10

judd10 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 30, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    I just had a new clutch put into my '99 355 F1 can and was wondering if anyone knew how to reset the computer? I was told that there is a process one can go through to do so... it involves stepping on the brake three times, holding the auto button, drinking a latte??? :), etc. Does anyone know the exact procedure to reset the PIS setting? Thanks much!

2. 355tsr

355tsr Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2010
    I belive the process is in the service manual...you start the engine
    in netural and step on the clutch let it out, kill the engine and restart
    I belive you do this 10 times

3. johan6504

johan6504 Formula 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Johan
    According to workshop manual D41: PIS self calibration: with key in position "II", wait for all warning lights and start the engine; the wait about 10 seconds, put the key in OFF, wait until the display switches off and repeat this procedure 4 times. Should be carried out with water engine temperature of 60 -80 degrees C, with disconnected air temperature control.

This is the PIS self calibration BUT, according to the manual this is NOT enough to get the clutch set up properly. You need to set the clutch closed position at 0 Km and this can only be done with a computer so I think you need to go and see a Ferrari workshop in order to be sure the clutch works as expected...

4. judd10

judd10 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 30, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    thanks much for the info.

5. pino

pino Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    South Central PA