Mondial T front lid Rad Foam dimensions | FerrariChat

Mondial T front lid Rad Foam dimensions

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by snoplease, May 26, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snoplease

snoplease Rookie

Jul 13, 2008
    Deep River, Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi

Working on improving my 89 Mondial T cooling system. The foam that was attached to the front lid which seals against the top of the radiator is missing in my car. Can anyone provide me with the dimension of this foam (thickness especially). If I can get the thickness, I should be able to find some suitable foam at one of the local hardware stores or NAPA.

Thanks

2. FamilyCar

FamilyCar Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2007
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Peter Goodall
    I have a Mondial 3.2, and looking at the parts diagrams on the Ricambi site I'm not sure if they are the same. That said, Ricambi does have a radiator top gasket, perhaps what you are looking for.

On my car,(a3.2 NOT a T) the foam panel at the top of the radiator completely fills the trapezoidal space between the frames under the front cover, and is flush with those frames. I had to replace it and used 1" foam that I got at a random store, which is very close to the right thickness if not dead on. It has slight imprints from being closed down on the radiator brackets, but not the radiator itself, so I'd say it fits about right. At least better than the dust I took out. Super && is a very good adhesive for the faom, although it may eat it if too much is used.

I almost measured it, but since it exactly fits the frame you can just make a pattern and squish it in a bit if it's too large. There is a second foam strip further back, but it appears to be more of an extra seal in front of the compartment.

Hope that helps.

3. snoplease

snoplease Rookie

Jul 13, 2008
    Deep River, Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    I check my hood and the gap as you noted is 1 inch deep. I will pick up some soft foam and fill in that gap.

Thanks again