Who's using an iphone?? | Page 33 | FerrariChat

Who's using an iphone??

Discussion in 'Australia' started by James-NZ, Oct 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    LOL. True, but if I could, just interested to know. Judy uses her iPhone to surf the web all the time. This is a better size. PLus it means she can check her e-mails and that without hijacking my laptop all the time.

2. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Seems to be really good. I played with it for hours and only used 10%.
    Downloaded the movie "Cars" for number one son yesterday, image quality is amazing. The book feature is also stunning. Great gadget, I am very happy with it.

3. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

As long as you have wireless at home it would be perfect for Judy. Oh, 3G is already available in the top models as well.

4. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I think I'd better check it out.

5. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

At the moment I am playing the iPod (with reasonable sound quality-I am fussy), checking mail and F Chating at once. Very handy.

6. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I love "Cars" Kachoooow, great movie. Shark Tales is another good one 360C, you and number one son will enjoy. ;)

7. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    you geek, go hook it onto the ECU of the Maser and re-map the FI :D

8. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Will do :)

9. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

What's an ECU?

10. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    WOW! :rolleyes:

Wait don't u mean ipad?

also

WOW!

haha.

11. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Was testing a Nexus One Android phone a few weeks back. Makes the iPhone seem from that dark ages. Will definitely be moving to Android when readily available.

12. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    really? i'm looking forward to having a bit of a play.

13. alexm

alexm F1 Veteran

Sep 6, 2004
    Coast up from Sydney
    Full Name:
    Alex
    It will be interesting times ahead.. to see if they can get mindshare and grass roots awareness on scale of Apple gear.. if we can get 2-3 major players it's a good thing for competition and keeping sharp edge on everyone's offerings.

14. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I don't like their chances. Apple have stolen the march on the whole market. I agree competition is good but they will struggle now that Apple have such a huge head start.

15. ACP

ACP Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Anton
    I have had the Nexus One for about three months. Wife has an iPhone 3GS. Nexus is faster, has a better screen but overall they are very similar. Nexus has annoying glass screen that is alway dirty and covered with fingerprints.

Apps are fewer too but you can pretty much get what you can on the Apple app market.

Having the dual microphone on the Nexus is pretty good. It filters out all of the background noise when you're on a call. To the the person on the other end - they can only hear your voice.

New one (Shadow I think) apparently has 8 mp camera and HDMI output.

16. alexm

alexm F1 Veteran

Sep 6, 2004
    Coast up from Sydney
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Agreed.

Have made commitment here for iPhone development.. but content and server is platform independent so be nice to see if 2nd channel becomes viable.

Nokia cold called me recently to garner interest in their platform.. for many years they have been content with the developer status quo and the telcos called the shots with developers getting the last leftover crumbs in the revenue pie.

Apple has forced all of the players to completely revise their philosophies and their success has shown them the way.. at last.

17. h113862

h113862 Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Wellington/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Callum
    In my opinion, the biggest thing going for Apple is Itunes. It's the content that make the devices interesting, and it's just so easy to buy apps, music, movies, books at reasonable prices. Sure, it's a form of lock in, but based on quality and convenience. All my Iphone apps work on my new IPAD, and I just use the same Itunes account for new stuff. I'm sure someone like Google could do something similar (perhaps they have already?), but as a customer of apple, a different brand of mobile would have to be pretty special to make me abandon that.

By the way, the IPAD is *fantastic* - in case you were wondering...

c

18. alexm

alexm F1 Veteran

Sep 6, 2004
    Coast up from Sydney
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Apple have a fantastic entire eco-system of convenience will take a LOT to take back mindshare they now have as long as don't drop the ball.

It will be fascinating to see what changes will be wrought in app & book/newspaper market with the iPad release.

I sure as heck wouldn't want to be an "also ran" trying to get any attention with competing parallel product.. the standalone hardware on retail shelf just doesn't re-assure customer in same way buying an Apple product as awareness of iTunes store is sky high.

Other makers have their own stores too, Google, Nokia etc etc but I bet people in the street would be hard pressed to actually name them, let alone buy from compared to iTunes now.

Some (mostly just within the industry itself mind you) have criticised it for being "closed" but heck consumers just don't by and large care, they just want something that they can get conveniently and that just works.. and Apple's rocketing revenue reflects meeting that need.

19. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    I love my Nokia 5210. When I get bored, I can play snake. Wouldn't know what do without it.

20. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles

SD2 Clone?

21. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Took me about 2 hours to completely swap over to Android. Really liked the UI and found he screen incredibly clear. Was a UK phone so 3G was not working on Telstra. Getting another one to play with and will load Flash 10.1 and Acrobat Reader so will see how they perform

Android data traffic has surpassed iPhone in the US so Apple will definitely have their work cut out for them. Apple are not the "cool" company they used to be IMO.

22. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    My wifes iphone just died for some reason, she switched it off the normal way. Tried turning it on, nothing. Plugged it in just in case it was out of battery. Nothing. Any ideas? Is there a reset button, or do we have to take it back to Telstra? Thanks in advance.

23. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    ask moretti, he lends out phones to anyone

24. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Formula 3

Oct 6, 2007
    Ostraya
    Full Name:
    Red Power Ranga
    This worked for me sometimes

hold both the round front button and the on/off button at the top of the phone simultaneously for around 20 seconds. Also you can do this whilst having the iphone plugged into your computer with itunes.

25. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Thank you Ant, that worked. Greatly appreciated mate. :D