Display flashing | FerrariChat

Display flashing

Discussion in '348/355' started by fusi, May 30, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fusi

fusi Rookie

Sep 19, 2009
    Barcelona
    Full Name:
    Jordi
    When my 1998 355F1 is runing after a few time, sometimes the gearbox display flashes in 3rd and 4th gear.

Anybody of you knows what happen?

Thank's

2. pino

pino Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    South Central PA
    I believe the transmission is indicating that it had a problem engaging the gear that is blinking.
    It happened to me in 3rd gear. Upon inspection, by clutch was worn down to the rivets (but was not yet slipping).
    You will need an SD2 scan to find out what the error is.

Please post your outcome!

Best,
    pino

3. fusi

fusi Rookie

Sep 19, 2009
    Barcelona
    Full Name:
    Jordi
    Next monday the car will be in the dealer for a check. I will tell you.

Thank's

4. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Jordi, this could definitely be clutch wear as pointed out above, but it could also be one of many other reasons, I owned a 355F1 with this problem and after 8 months in the workshop without resolution I gave up.

I will be very interested to follow you on this and find out what is causing your issue, I hope it is only something simple.

Also, easy things first, check the F1 fluid level and the gearbox oil level.

5. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    When my F1 clutch was worn I had no problem engaging gears, I just would get slippage on launch and the F1 buzzer at that time. 2-3, 3-4 was no problem.

6. fusi

fusi Rookie

Sep 19, 2009
    Barcelona
    Full Name:
    Jordi
    My car is doing the major service now and they told me that the clutch is like new (10.000kms done) but there was a sensor detached and this could be the problem.

The strange thing is that when I arrive with my car they conect to the SD to check the engine and other check to the gearbox, and the computer told tha my clutch was wear at the 76%... but is in perfect conditions.

I will inform you when I have fresh news...