Roland Linder | FerrariChat

Roland Linder

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Roland E Linder, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    It was brought to my attention that they are still people out there who still speculate on me and my car. I want once and for all make things right.
    First of all, I want to thank the many who know and supported me while I was going thru serious challenging physical times.
    I also kept quiet because I was deeply involved ( victim) in the Aaron White scam!
    I ‘m very blessed to have recover from all the surgeries and back driving; maybe more than ever.
    Let’s get things in order, shell we:
    Yes, I did raced at Le Mans 24hrs and 1000km several times but on motorcycles.
    Yes, I was a mechanic in the Porsche team who won twice the 24 hrs GT class in 68 and 69.
    Yes, I’m the one who drove on open road that winning car to the 24hrs and drove it back each year after the race. We had no trailer till 72.
    Yes, I had my first pro racing license in 68 and many others racing licenses after that ( sure wasn’t bought like some suggested?)
    I never used falls information in my driving school web site to attract clients, in fact, I never had to do any advertising at all.
    My clients came for my teaching and still do that today and still without any advertising. I instruct since 1973.
    Now, on the F40 LM saga, there again, I never advertise that the car was a real LM. From day one,( just read Forza #45) I told in details how the car was build.
    I want to thank my friend Martin who kept taking the time to answer the most stupid questions and amazing speculations about the car.
    Facts are that the car was build next to a real F40 LM and we had the opportunity to copy whatever we needed to do to make my car a clone.
    Not like some suggested, this wasn’t a “budget” project and with over $400K in it and with all the race goodies in it sure made that car a real warrior.
    No, no bills were left unpaid but on the other hand, I’m still missing some of my parts and some Chatters who bought these parts contacted me after they bought them from the builder. Thanks to them to let me know where they were.
    BTW, the builder ended up bankrupt and in jail… I still don’t know where my 2 F40 heads went…If someone knows?
    No, the car never had a salvage title, has a US F40 chassis, with a VIN# and is street legal and had a title in CO and now in NC without any under the table action!
    I think that I’m the only one who had the courage to make his dream a reality and build a dream car which went all over the US from tracks to events without ever braking down. She sure was always to favorite in all the charity events across this country and made so many smile when taken for a ride.
    Do I need to remind everybody that even at Cavallino where she wasn’t judged, she got the front page while surrounded by many millions $ restored real cars!
    It sure never hurt the many who used her to make their events look more important by her presence, it’s easy to say now that they didn’t know that the car was an evolution or whatever you want to call her. I always said that she was proudly built by me and my team since I couldn’t afford the real one.
    Today, I’m still in regular contact with that team.
    Of course, many of the pro, knowingly used my car to their advantage without questions and that’s what I should remember.
    Sorry that many got jealous about the success of my car, she was build to satisfy my desire to race a Ferrari and she sure satisfied my wildest dreams and still does.
    I enjoyed being part of the Ferrari community and met over the years some real cool people.
    I hope that the ones who were offended will accept my apology and that they will still see an amazing F40 that was resurrected from the ashes by a passionate car lover instead of being send to the crusher.
    I will not reply to any questions and will return to my good life in the South where my car is always welcome to any events.
    The best to all
    Sincerely
    Roland

2. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Weren't you banned?

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    No. Roland was never banned for a moment, nor was it discussed.

Welcome back, Roland. As I repeatedly indicated on the Le Mans thread, I could not find any reference to participation, hence the questions which arose during the thread. The oft-aired Mother's Ad was the key that opened the door. Then as now, I also feel adamantly that there is not enough preservation if you will, provided by, or for participants in such series. Like all members, I am glad your surgery was successful, and hope prognosis remains for a healthy future.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba

5. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Roland brought his car to the FCC weekend for the Biltmore breakfast then drive the mtns. I was right behind him [only briefly] in my 330. When he spooled it up that car roared while he effortlessly passed about 7 cars in a couple of seconds. Very cool. That is some car.

6. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Hello Rolind:

Glad to hear you are recovering. I remember you from Rocky Mtn FCA. You Two Creeks raceway and driving a fellow member's Porsche. You were definitely the fastest driver in that car or any other on the track. It was a pleasure to watch you drive.

Hope all goes well in S Car. We will miss you.

(I had a red/black 355 F1 GTS at the time.)

Phil

7. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

is arron white in jail?

8. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    #8 ddemuro, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    ...yet it says 'F40LM' in your profile on this site under 'Personal Ferraris'.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Yes. I think I miss spoke, sorry. I meant to say, "Were you banned?" As looking at his post he has not been here for some years it seems.

Color me curious!

10. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Well it does say F40LM, but the real car is actually a F40 LM. ;-)

11. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Motorcycles were allowed at Le Mans24 hrs?

12. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I competed in the 50cc Moped Class.

13. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #13 RP, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
    So when are you going to Mendosa to sample the wine one of your friends is making? I would love to join you. I only hope that Maritin washed his feet before the grapes were stomped.

14. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Yes, there has been 24 hour races for motorcycles held at Le Mans, on the Bugatti Circuit, since the late 70's. It is usually the first round of the FIM Enduance World Championship.

15. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Roland (still) won't respond to any of the old issues so there's no use kicking that dead horse by asking him to now.

-but-

The fact that he's come out today to use this community once again (this time to sell a car via a thinly veiled spam ad) is not all that surprising, a bit insulting and to boot, a TOU violation as he is not subscribed. I know I have played a part in a couple controversial issues on here as well but the fact is, I respect Ferrarichat and Rob so I feel I have to air this.

........Kinda answers the old question too if you think about it anyway.

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    come on, he isn't selling a car, I talked to Roland offline, he just wanted to post this, he isn't going to post anything else I don't think. He was never banned, left on his own.

what were the old issues? I think it is pretty clear with the Mothers ads and what Roland was saying in person that he was icing the truth about Le Mans. Roland has admitted that and has laid out here the facts. I'm not seeing an issue.

17. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Why bother then? All he's saying is "I'm not talking and my car is wonderful".

What's the point of the post if he won't take Q's head on? He certainly did not apologize, in fact his use of the word "sorry" in the post
    is far from it. Seems like an ad to me but if you don't mind, it's certainly not my place to do anything about it....... except to offer the board a different perspective to the discussion, that hadn't already been posted. :)

18. mrknowitallf40

mrknowitallf40 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2005
    Takes a big man to show up after the bashing he received at the hands of his "fair weather friends". It just goes to show you that it should be about the people and not the cars we look after. Some people sought to increase their own profile in the community by offering favors in exchange for hanging out with a celebrity. Yes he was that. Roland, I think that I have your heads. Got them on ebay many years ago. I would be happy to return then to you . Could you just give me a brief description on the items? Good luck in your new adventures, you always were a gracious man. Im sure that you brought joy to those that you crossed paths with. Life is short, let's move on.

19. Kevin2772

Kevin2772 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I just dont see why people got so bent out of shape about him. Whether he "iced" it or not. Did it cause you any personal harm!? Does his car being rebuilt as an LM cause you to lose sleep at night? There is so much worse **** to worry about then how Rolands statements came out.

20. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I agree. Personally I've never raced in anger at Le Mans as Roland has on Motorcycles nor have I been part of a Team that won in class (Yet :) )

I think Roland's car is pretty cool and he was always very clear as to what it was.

It's very true that it was welcomed and Displayed at Cavallino. I remember the photo of it in the center of the Lawn in the Palm Beach Post that he spoke of.

I stopped throwing the first stone a long time ago.

21. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    This chapter in F/chat history had dropped from my memory, but very glad to read your well written response to the issues back then.

Thank you.

22. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Good to see you back, Roland. Glad to hear that you're in good health. I can't speak for anyone else, but I've missed you around the boards.

23. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Roland raced his F40 LM spec against our stock 1990 F40 about 10 years ago on a CA run. The car is very fast, but we won the race! Roland is a nice guy and very experienced driver. I believe his car started life in Seattle with one of the Microsoft execs, then a tire blew and tore the fuel cell thus engulfing the car in flames :(. It's nice to see that is was saved. One hell of a driver car!

24. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #24 joe sackey, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The USA F40 which crashed coming out of turn 9 at Seattle International (now Pacific) Raceway.

25. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Did he get out ok?