latest values on Stradales | Page 2 | FerrariChat

latest values on Stradales

Discussion in '360/430' started by SURF, Jun 2, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2009
    #26 dfwerdoc, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
    sounds like you're trying to justify a lot here and irked that people are holding on to their CS and not selling them for what you think they're worth. in your world a ferrari is a ferrari is a ferrari and i suppose a 911 is a 911 is a 911. well you're wrong. jason you're right that a CS will be worth less in 3 years than it is now but what's unique about the CS (and the 933tt for that matter) is that people sell these cars and then regret it and come back to buy them again. how many people are going to buy a 430 and then sell it and then want to re-buy another one. ummmmmmmmmmmm none and you can take that to the bank. jason, stop railing against the CS and don't buy a porkamatic 430. just take a breath and ....then buy the black CS that jeffery is selling. you'll thank me.

2. SURF

SURF Guest

Nov 6, 2004
    North Hampton,NH.
    At 140 to 150k prices the car is worth keeping as it is worth more than that to me.

3. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I promise I'm not railing against the CS. I love the CS. I want one.

I'm a reality junkie. A=A. It makes me insane when people can't accept reality. I had a real estate agent tell me the other day that "there's just no inventory in Atlanta". I almost fell out of the car laughing. Like, who is she trying to fool?

I would buy Jeffrey's CS for $120K. Here's why. It has 14K miles. I have a couple 7K mile red CS's (no stories) that can be had for $130K. I have a knowledgeable friend I met here who just bought a CS and I know what he paid. I know what another Fchatter recently bought a 20K mile CS for just north of $100K.

I know Jeffrey's dealer said he will give him $125K and that is probably the case "if he trades it in on another, more expensive car". So, that quote isn't exactly reality. That dealer will not get $125K for that car. Cat's exotics has that 13K mile black CS listed for $128K and it has sat for years.

The reason I shy'ed away from the CS was the $50K brake thread. As the CS continues to lose value, I can't imagine having a 10 year old CS that suddenly needs $50K in brake work. "F" that! Perhaps that's an extreme example but, one day, all CS's are going to need new brakes. What will they be worth then?

4. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's your prerogative and if I were you would do the exact same thing. I have a few things in my life I feel the same way about.

5. dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2009
    you would buy jeffery's CS for 120 and not 135 but then you don't want to buy any CS because of the ceramic rotors and what you think is the certainty of a 50k hit to replace them. which one is it? where's your logic? and the car that was bought for 109 happened last fall when everyone thought the world was going to end. dude the reason jeffery's dealer offered him 125 isn't because that's how much he thought the car was worth. he offered him 125 because he knew he could add an extra 10 or 15k and turn around and sell it without much effort. jason you love the CS and you want one. life is short.

6. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    If you think the world is "better" now than last fall I say you're drinking the kool aid. None of the problems that created that atmosphere have been fixed. I say they're worse.

I'm not making the prices. I'm just relaying me research. Don't "second guess" my intentions. My intentions and what car I buy are not the topic of discussion. I'm just talking about the market.

I love Ferrari's and the CS. But I'm not going to be left holding the bag.

7. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Could you please share your data? What have been the real/confirmed sales prices in 2010?

Thanks!

8. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I said a lot in the above post.

Do your own homework ;).

9. brainbizz

brainbizz Karting

Oct 27, 2006
    OK
    #34 brainbizz, Jun 4, 2010
    Here is my reality. I own a CS and would not sell it for less than 150K. You will argue that its not worth that much in this market. The point is its worth that to me and I have no intention of selling it. I know several other CS owners that feel the same way so i think what you will see is a bi modal distribution of CS s. The pristine collector cars which will become fewer and fewer since many owners feel the same and the storied cars. The latter are becoming plentiful and skew the market.
    IMHO the CS captured that something extra special which is greater than the sum of its parts. It is just plain raw which is what I visualize when I think Ferrari. Ferrari is moving in a different direction which is evident in the Scud and 458. They are much more refined with electronic gadgetry. This makes the CS unique in a similar vein as the F 40. It may never be duplicated. Who knows where the pricing is going but I would bet that they hold there value despite the 458 and the the collectors hold on to the premium ones. If you cant afford to replace the rotors or find its pricing to much for your liking this is all an exercise in futility just buy a 430 or 458.

10. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hey thanks but we already covered this topic.

I agree with you.

11. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Blah blah blah.... Keep rambling Jason while the rest of us drive our Ferraris that continue to drop in price....oh me oh my

12. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Since you brought it up Joe, what did you sell your CS for? ;)

13. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    she's actually correct. areas in buckhead, brookhaven and other spots with schools....very little for sale. i know two couple looking for $1M+ homes and cannot find anything.

i own 5 new homes in grayson,GA for sale.... interested ?

14. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
  15. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    The rotors are currently ~$24K for all 4. But the brake thing is really moot. By the time these rotors wear out, the cost will probably be much less as the technology will be more widely used. If not, switch to steel, problem solved.

16. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    There's a whole thread here that says otherwise.

I don't know which is true.

17. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

$125k to a dealer. I'm sure it wouldn't have met your strict requirements

18. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #43 Ingenere, Jun 4, 2010
    Actually my math was off.... 4 rotors are ~$32K

There is a CS that I am considering that has had 2 rotors replaced. They were $8K each.

They are just rotors, they can be switched to steel if necessary.

19. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Did you get something else Joe?

20. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The other thread said 4 rotors plus labor was $50K. Also stated you couldn't replace just 1 or 2 because they wear differently. You have to replace all 4.

Again, I don't know what's true. I have no personal experience but it also seems not many folks here do have a lot of personal experience when it comes to replacing $8K ceramic rotors.

21. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

I did. Another Scud.

22. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hey, "reality junkie", that's your idea of data? LMAO!

23. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #48 Jason Crandall, Jun 4, 2010
    Not sure what you mean.

Am I supposed to just give away all my work to you? Would you like for me to e-mail my spreadsheet to you?

24. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Nice.

25. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    They (CCB) can not simply be swapped for steel. There is a conversion that needs to be done which includes software and "hardware" changes. A friend of mine had the swap done and it cost 20K when all was said and done. However the first set of steel rotors you run through "pay" for the conversion.