Pur Sang Bugattis | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pur Sang Bugattis

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by snj5, Jan 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    That's quite a set of statements you're making there.

Bart won't remember me, but we have met on several occasions and I assure you he knows what he is talking about, and certainly is a 'pur samg' car-lover of all machines that turned their wheels 'in anger'. I find it rather distasteful to put an un-deserved label on him, whilst you hide your own identity.
    Furthermore you point fingers in other directions suggesting that a true Bugatti identity can be bought. I suggest you either disclose whatever it is that prompted your statement, or retract it.

Best,

Jack.

2. odin

odin Karting

Nov 22, 2007
    Like I wrote, I think Mr. Rosman is an respected man, thats all. I did not say, his car is a Fake and I like, that he use his cars in a splendid way. It really doesn't matter to me, how real are cars, or unreal, or even Ettore himself rebuilt this car.
    I know the story from Anandons Cars, from the beginning and in which way, they where spread around Europe, by 'Collectors' and 'Carfinders'. But before Anandon went in business, you could find twice the amount of Type 35 Cars, which where actually produced.

Regards
    Jörg

3. Bart340

Bart340 Karting

Mar 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bart Rosman
    And I told you already that you do not know what you are talking about.
    You know about these Argentinian lookalikes? Then why can you not even quote the name of the company owner properly?
    And I agree with Jack, if you really have something to tell us then do not hide your identity.
    Bart340

4. odin

odin Karting

Nov 22, 2007
    Hope you know, what you're talking.
    If you deny that Dutton, or C & G Replicas exists with BOC Numbers, I can't help you.
    If you don't know, that Anadons cars where spread from Spain, with original Papers and numbers, across Europe. That Cars where hidden in Barns, in France, waiting for finders.
    But like you wrote before, it's a waste of time.

Keep on dreaming

Regards
    Jörg

5. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    ... bizarre

6. odin

odin Karting

Nov 22, 2007
    No,
    it's sad. A guy from Spain, who has a collection of more than 300 Cars, searched in Spain and France for disappeared Bugattis. Took Frames and parts from other Pre War Cars, sent them like Bugattiparts to Argentina and brought them back as restored Bugattis. Some where sold direktly and others where stored in Barns, mixed up with some original parts and waiting for finders. I saw in Bordeaux 5 Bugatti T35, T43, an Maserati A6 GCS-47 an Abarth 207A and Delahaye 135 CS, all from Anadon. A very wellknown british Carbrooker took 3 Pur Sangs, as originals, to England. One big Collector-dealer from Swiss, took many Cars to Europe. Zatuseks Mercedes SSK, was parted out and exist now 3 times, apart that a Nephew swears, that the original Car is still in Argentina. There was-is an original Delahaye 135 CS in Argentina, owner did 5 Replicas, with the same Chassisnumbers and sold them and is still driving his Car.
    It's easy to get for british recreations BOC Papers, but they don't like Pur Sangs.
    The MG K3, which was this year in the Mille Miglia and Villa d'Este, is a Recreation, build around a bend chassis. The original Car still exists, both with the same chassisnumber.

I'm not against Recreations, but they have to be sold as that. Sadly there are collectors, who send their cars to Argentina, to copy them. Earning money, is more important, like Moral and Ethic. Now they are doing Alfa 8C 2300-2900, Mercedes SSK, Maseratis and so on.
    Anadon could recreate what ever you want, but he needs an Original to Copy.

Regards
    Jörg

7. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Truth is any decent replica may be presented as real at some point. The creator needs to cognizant and assume some degree of responsibility.

8. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    That's all very nice and no doubt holds a lot of truth, but it has nothing to do with certification being bought or people being made out to be dealers instead of them being enthusiast owners.

Instead it comes back to what content a car must have to be considered an original, and owners mis-representing what they have.

Caveat emptor still holds true, do your homework before you hand over the cash.

9. maserich

maserich Karting

Mar 13, 2008
    It doesn't matter.
    You will enjoy it.
    I am 6' 2" and drive a C and D type Jag occasionally. They are totally uncomfortable and incredibly fun. It is worth the cramps and pains. You don't notice them 'till you stop the car and get out.

10. RNM

RNM Rookie

Oct 16, 2020
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I am in Australia and considering procuring a Pursang T35, so it has been good to come across this thread. I would be keen to see and drive a Pursang car here in Australia and to chat with owners about their experiences. Do you still have contact points to owners in Australia, who I might be able to talk with?
    Thanks, Russell