Official book collectors thread | Page 20 | FerrariChat

Official book collectors thread

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by lil squid, Jun 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Matt and all:

Thank you for your kind words!

I was informed by publisher Tim Parker that the book inventory arrived last week at the distributors and will therefore be available from book stores, Amazon etc within the next few days.

Hope you enjoy it:)

best regards,

Marc

2. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Good news. Can't wait for Amazon to ship, my orders been in for a while now.

3. Ferri

Ferri Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hugo Garritsen
    It will be "Rebel, Rebel" for me. I think it's the only interesting book published this year.

Hugo

4. seb333

seb333 Karting

Jul 30, 2009
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Seb
    "Rebel Rebel" seems to be the one to have!
    288GTO also looks promising.

Can't remember when I last bought a new Ferrari book, must have been "Ferrari Grand Prix Moments" if I remember correctly. So I spent my time (and money) in concentrating in out of print ones...

5. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    #480 Jack-the-lad, May 24, 2010
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
    I have ordered Rebel Rebel from www.amazon.ca I'm not quite sure why Amazon Canada will have it and Amazon USA will not. When I enquired, they didn't know either!

I would still like to buy a copy of the GTO 45th Anniversay book (English, slipcase edition) if anyone knows of one for sale.

Jack.

6. Ferri

Ferri Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hugo Garritsen
    Jack, Autoland in Hilversum (Netherlands) has one. browsed through it 2 days ago. Nice book, but not with a price tag of € 150

7. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thanks, Hugo.

Jack.

8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Jack:

I had a look this weekend, the British car book stores show the Breadvan book as being in stock so does Amazon.com (searching by author name is easier than by title apparently) and there is even a bookstore advertising them on Ebay. Hope you enjoy it!

best regards,

Marc

9. Ferri

Ferri Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hugo Garritsen
    I bought one using Buy-it-now on Ebay yesterday.

Now the waiting can begin...

Hugo

10. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Congratulations! I don't know how I missed that one.

Jack.

11. trashidelek!

trashidelek! Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    It's on the regular Amazon site now. I just bought a copy for $50.40 inclusive of postage.

12. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Me too. Three left!

13. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Jay leno had a new book up on his site: The ferrari phenomenon sounds fun will buy when I have some $$$ to spare

14. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I have it. It's a fluffy piece with a lot of tidbits and "fun facts" about Ferrari. There are some technical errors (e.g. refernces to photos that aren't there), and I'm sure there are some factual errors that those more informed about Ferrari history will find. It's a nice book if you are looking to learn some fairly superficial stuff, or to give as a gift...certainly not a piece on the level of a Nye or Ludvigsen.

I'm not sorry I bought it, but I think it's overpriced for what it delivers. If you're on a budget then there are probably better Ferrari books to buy with your dollars.

Jack.

15. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
    A copy of cork-bound Il Flobert book is on Ebay right now, it is a very rare 1976 book by Enzo in Italian about a number of Italian sports journalists. It is listed for about what it's worth. I bought my copy a while ago in Europe, I haven't seen one listed on eBay in a long time.

16. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
    Has anyone seen in person a copy of Metal Memory? http://www.gearshift.com/metalmemory/ I'm considering ordering it as a gift as I've always been pleased with the quality of Velocity publications.

17. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    I have number 107 myself. It is not an average book on Ferrari. It is very well researched and beautifully produced. Also a special kind of printing was used for the pictures. I'm very happy with it.

18. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    I have no.61. It's very well done, and an interesting read. It's kinda neat to have something hand-made these days, and you can have your name printed on the title page. I like it.
    Nathan

19. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
  20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I'll help out...;)...nice collection!!!

21. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The seller "mr_seeker" had a First Edition from the T. C. Angel collection, also...gone now.

22. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    #497 toddjw73, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    When I had my Collectibles business, the Author, Scott Callan came into my store and we talked for about an hour. He told me about this book. He later brought it in to show me. I actually think the way it is put together is real nice. I just need to buy 1 for myself someday.

I do have 1 CD-ROM Book that he published. "Alfa Romeo: View From The Mouth Of The Dragon"

Here is a photo of the "Metal Mystery" TR from the Ferrari Challenge a few years ago.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. seb333

seb333 Karting

Jul 30, 2009
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Seb
    I've seen n°638 on eBay a few days ago...

24. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Yep, i have seen it too. On Italian Ebay. Sold at "bargain" price with only one bid...

It seems you can get many bargains on Ebay these days. Looks if todays economy has affected the pricetags of collectable literature too...