575M Maranello with Handling GTC and manual gearbox # 128905 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

575M Maranello with Handling GTC and manual gearbox # 128905

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 3500touring, Jun 11, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pterps

pterps F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2006
    Netherlands, Zwolle
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #26 pterps, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The one in my profile is a Superamerica.

Have you seen this dutch 575 F1 with Fiorano handling pack? Owner is Franc308.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. sf_hombre

sf_hombre Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2008
    Stimulus Bill
    Full Name:
    Don
    on the new addition to your life! Your excitement is a pleasure to share, even if only vicariously...

3. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    #28 DZ-96, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
    Hello Michael

I know "these days", when a person pick up a dream to bring it home.
    Such a day is wonderful, you will think about this day many many years.

I also had this nice days several times, when i bought my 1st Maserati Biturbo in Italy, driving it home to Germany, when i bought my Maserati Ghibli, also in Italy, and last when i bought my Maranello.

15 years after my 1st Maserati deal, i think sometimes about the 2 wonderful days, the 1st impressions driving this car, the way home, the feeling to have a Maserati. The same thoughts when buying the Ghibli 1999 and the Maranello this year.

GREAT !!!

I wish you all the best, and if you are in the south of Germany, contact and visit me,

Daniel

4. Franc308

Franc308 F1 Rookie

Sep 23, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Franc
    What an incredible beauty Michael! I love the color combo and all the accessories it has.
    Truly a unique car you've found. Probably the only one from 2002 withe the HGTC package!
    Congratulations on being the happy new owner of such a special Ferrari.
    I'd love to see it one day in real life.

I do think we met one or 2 years ago in Maranello.
    Weren't you the one with a yellow 355? I believe we kind of met at Tony Auto where I was, as I had a small problem with one of the headlights of my 308.

I am sure you'll love this beauty.

5. 3500touring

3500touring Karting

Dec 29, 2003
    Blaricum, Holland
    Full Name:
    Michael B.
    Hello Onno,
    Nice to hear from you! Last time I spoke to you was a year ago at the RM auction in Maranello. I have followed your various car adventures on this Forum and in the Dutch Ferrari Club magazine with a lot of pleasure and interest. I have read a lot on this Forum, only did not participate for a while for the reason mentioned. Many congratulations on your purchase of an extremely nice 330 GTC and your LHD Boxer! Wow, your collection sure is expanding with quality choices. I am curious to see which colour combination you are going to choose for your Boxer.
    And no Onno, don't worry, my Maserati fire has not extuinguished, only have I replaced some classic Maserati's with some modern Ferraris in the past 5 years. But I still have my white 1971 Ghibli SS (61-00-PS) which will stay with me. I am only the second owner of her and it is one of the very few sold new in Holland through Maasland. It even was at the 1971 RAI Amsterdam car show on their stand. (if anyone has photos of that please PM me)
    Next to that I still have the yellow Ghibli Open Cup racing car. I really love Maseratis too, the sight of a 3500 Touring still makes my knees go weak.
    I wish you and your 2 brothers and the rest of your beloved all the best and good health for years to come.
    Hope to see you soon at one of the meetings here.
    Best regards, Michael

6. 3500touring

3500touring Karting

Dec 29, 2003
    Blaricum, Holland
    Full Name:
    Michael B.
    Woowww.....what a beautiful photograph of a truly beautiful example! Yes I know of the car but have only seen it briefly last year at Spa. Also have I read the thread on the car with a lot of interest earlier this year.
    I see Franc reacted as well. Thanks again Peter for poining this out.
    Best regards, Michael

7. 3500touring

3500touring Karting

Dec 29, 2003
    Blaricum, Holland
    Full Name:
    Michael B.
    Thank you Daniel, for your kind words.
    Nice to learn that you got those car feelings you describe with a Maserati! As you can see from some of my posts, I really love Maseratis since a very long time and have had a few nice ones over the years. Also drove them a lot, like my 3500 GT Touring which I drove all over Europe for 5 years en 30.000 kms or my 3500 Vignale Spyder which I also drove for 5 years and around 25.000 kms! Open,closed and with the hardtop fitted sometimes also.
    Enjoy your cars in good health and I will happily accept your kind invitation to meet in the future in beuatiful southern Germany. Talking about nice driving roads....mmmmmm.....
    Best regards, Michael

8. 3500touring

3500touring Karting

Dec 29, 2003
    Blaricum, Holland
    Full Name:
    Michael B.
    Hello Franc,
    Thanks for your enthousiastic response! And that coming from a man with such a truly stunning Maranello himself is high praise indeed. I have read your thread thorougly and always I am amazed how pretty your car looks. One of my all time favourite combinations.
    I saw your car briefly at Spa last year and it really struck me.
    And indeed we met the first time at Toni Auto when Mick and I were tearing through Maranello for a few days trying to keep the people awake with my loud Yellow Sceamer F355 Spider.
    Maybe when I have my car on Dutch plates we can meet up and compare 2002 575M's?
    And....well....maybe one of the excellent Dutch photographers would join us....hint hint??
    Ok, ok I promise I will take the camera man for a spin too then.
    All the best too you Franc, till soon,
    Best regards, Michael

9. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Michael,

Wonderful story, wonderful car and wonderful pictures. Looking forward to seeing more.

Congratulations!

10. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

Stunning car, congratulations !

11. Harry-SZ

Harry-SZ F1 Rookie

Wow cool car Michael!!
    I like the color!

12. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    Very very nice, Michael... I love the color....

Your 1st drive is to cross europe from Mocano via many beautiful place to get back home...

I didn't even have my 1st drive home (due to political situation in Bangkok at that time). The seller brought it home on a flat bed to me at 11 PM... darnnn... I wish I can do the same as you did.

13. Michiel

Michiel Formula 3

Apr 15, 2008
    Amsterdam, NL
    Full Name:
    Michiel
    A real beauty Michael!!!!

Second 575 in the NL Ferrarichat group! Enjoy driving it this summer, but I'm sure you will!! See/hear you around at SPL!

Michiel

14. Franc308

Franc308 F1 Rookie

Sep 23, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Franc
    Hi Michael,
    when do you expect to have the license plates on your 575?
    Definately a nice idea to meet up, compare and go for a spin.
    If we go with a few other fchatters, i am sure that will be a lot of fun.
    I am convinced there will be a few photographers available.
    So let me know when your car will be road legal.

15. 3500touring

3500touring Karting

Dec 29, 2003
    Blaricum, Holland
    Full Name:
    Michael B.
    Hello Ferrari friends,
    It has been a while since I posted. Due to various reasons, the car will be on Dutch plates in early May this year. The car is now at Ferrari Kroymans for some maintanance and checks. Terry, I checked and the car still has the central muffler and no straight pipes yet. The straight pipes are not available through Ferrari anymore, I was told today. If I would want to convert to straight pipes, where should I best get these?
    How much would the DB (noise) and BHP difference amount to?

Also I checked on the papers of how the car was delivered new by Pozzi, that was all standard Manual 575M plus Fiorano Handling Pack and Daytona seats. The HGTC package was added later as I described. So the Carbon dashboard was, as Terry correctly assumed, part of the HGTC conversion. This was confirmed to me by Kroymans.
    By the way, the shock ECU is 183960 and the rear anti roll bar is 21 mm in diameter.

I plan to enhance the car with a 250GT grill, which I feel should look very nice with the dark Blue Pozzi paintwork. Any thoughts on that?
    Who knows where to buy these most cost effectively?

Best regards to you all,
    Michael

16. ddnguyen

ddnguyen Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Congratulations and enjoy!

17. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Michael- You can get the straight pipes from our sponsor Bradan, who has fit several sets on 575Ms here.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318842

Shock Absorber ECU 183960 is, unfortunately, the original that came with the car, so apparently that is not part of the upgrade kit. I see you already found the ECU thread, so will wait and see what you surmised from that.

The 250 GT grilles are expensive, ~$2000 from Ricambi. Not sure where a better place is to get one, unless you can find one on a wrecked car.

http://www.ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?products_id=272368

Taz
    Terry Phillips

18. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    Lovely Scenery and great car love the colour Michael congratulations.

19. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Stunner!

Well done!

20. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
  21. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
    #46 lil squid, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
    I love my red 550 but this blue is absolutely stunning.. Congratulations! You have the good fortune of being able to drive it along some of the most beautiful cities and roads in the world, enjoy!

22. eagleye49

eagleye49 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Congratulations on your new car. It is lovely. Your photos bring back memories of our trips to visit a good friend who lives in Chamonix... we always had a rental C-class or 3-series with a tiny diesel. I can imagine what these roads feel like in a proper GT.

Bruce

23. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    Congrats on you new car.. It is beautiful.

Use it in the best of health.

Bill

24. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Seen her yesterday. Lovely looking machine!

Gr. Martin

25. elk

elk Rookie

Aug 13, 2010
    Kent, England
    #50 elk, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Lovely looking car in that colour combo, is the Pozzi blue a solid colour rather than metallic? Have to agree on the choice of manual 'box, that was one of the reasons i plumped for a 550 in the end. This is mine, TDF/Crema
    Image Unavailable, Please Login