2010 Canadian GP: Qualifying *** Spoilers *** | Page 4 | FerrariChat

2010 Canadian GP: Qualifying *** Spoilers ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 12, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Oh well football time now..

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #77 SPEEDCORE, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    final times

Webber did a fantastic job for 2nd :D

Good job by Alonso even tho they didn't get much air time. Maybe a podium for Ferrari :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #78 SPEEDCORE, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    They all look pi$sed off.

5. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    vettel looks asleep haha

6. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL to me: Webber "you looking at me or what, well bloody well don't"

Vettel: what er what where I'm I, whats in that bloody juice...

Ham: it wasnt' me honest I got told to push the car honest..

:D

7. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Well it's 4.30am here. I'm off for sleep :eek:

I don't think Lewis with get a penalty I was just going by what the commentators were saying.

Between Lewis, Webber, Vettel and Alonso anyone could win it. Hopefully Alonso can jump Vettel at the start!

Should be a great race.

8. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Disappointed in the Benzes, they're real slow. Sucks for MS that he botched his good lap.

9. maseraticoupe

maseraticoupe Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    Texarkana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Crisp
    Nascrap still on Speed, O great they just said this is good as it gets, now I know why I dont watch Nascrap.

10. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
  11. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    Out right cheating from a team that had to pay largest fine for cheating ever???? I don't believe it.

12. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    Well done to LH, he deserves and has earned the position. Good to see Ron Dennis back over seeing the Mclaren garage even if it is just for this weekend.
    The FIA are always going to have it in for him, there is nothing new there. Though i am glad they have got rid of Max.

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Somehow I feel tempted to bump an old thread...

14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #90 PSk, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
    Agree.

Webber should have pole. Can you imagine how dangerous the next qualifying session will be with cars stopping all over the track ... Plus wasting track time for the support races.
    In the end the RedBulls are still faster and if Webber can get a good start I can't see LH being able to run at the same pace until we yet again get into fuel conserving mode.
    Will be interesting 
    Pete
    ps: love the fact that Vettel has been beaten by the faster driver again, good job Webber. Keep doing this and the team will surely have to stop favouring Vettel!

15. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Is there any credence to the idea that McLaren didn't expect Lewis to get that last (extra) lap in under the wire, and so were caught out?

16. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #92 PhilNotHill, Jun 12, 2010
    Hami morphs into a Pushme Pullu and takes pole for the McCheater team.

Vettel slower than MW again. Blames having to warm up his tyres for 3 laps which begs the question: why not go out sooner Einstein?

Rosberg beats Schumi again who is waiting for next year when he will be older and his reflexes will improve LOL.

Fred outshines Phil AGAIN. Guess his new contract extension did not make him any faster.

Fox tomorrow which means no post race interviews. Will there be any Fcar drivers there? Hope springd eternal but not betting any money on it. ;)

17. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Other than that Mrs Lincoln how'd ya like the play?
    :)

18. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    I don't know if they actually cheated, but it should be a 10 grid position penalty. A $10k fine is no deterrent. They were just smart/evil enough to try this stunt first.

19. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    #95 sambomydog, Jun 12, 2010
    Lets not get carried away...again. No rules/regulations were broken. The FIA handed out memos to the teams on the 11th of June 2010 (Spooky). This memo was regarding cars returning to parc ferme within an allotted time. That's just the day before, so had this event happened last week then no action would have been taken. So theoretically, had the car been pushed to the parking area within the allotted time, then no action should have been taken.
    No regulations were broken.
    Read it in this link http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=48620
    Going to be interesting to see how you guys twist this.

20. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    MS storming out of the car in Q2 spoke volumes about his frustration. Will he stay for the duration of his contract?

While re-signing Massa was the right thing to do, a contract in a driver's pocket never made them any faster, quite the contrary. They should have played the carrot and stick story a bit longer if they wanted to keep him on top performance, but it was pretty obvious that neither Webber nor Kubica would sign for 2011.

21. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes nobody else wants the drive ... Really shows the true lack of pacethe ferrari has.
    Pete

22. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Thank you...I was wondering if someone would point that out.

23. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    A couple of comments before bedtime...

1) The Hamilton hating is just funny at this point. "Outright cheating"... "Webber should be on pole!", etc, etc. Errr, maybe they just didn't realize they were that low, or maybe he snuck another lap in? He earned it fair and square... reprimand + fine is the right result.

2) I sometimes think that Hamilton really must be a disliked driver, based on the people here who have so much blind hatred of the guy. Luckily that was proven wrong today, as all of the grandstands at the hairpin eruped in cheers and applause as Hamilton took poll. He got a standing ovation from the crowd on his cool down lap.

That turned into laughter to see him sitting on the edge of the car and waving as it coasted... we all thought he was just showing off. Then when he got out and started pushing, people were laughing. I have it all on tape - funny stuff.

Not as funny as the medical car coming within INCHES of slamming into the wall... guy was showing off, took the turn too hot, tires squealing... getting closer and closer to the wall... the crowd gasps collectively... he misses it by inches. Everyone starts laughing.

Great atmosphere at the track.

Hamilton and Schumacher from what I saw are the most well liked drivers. They both got lots of applause.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

24. Scuderia P1

Scuderia P1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti

If he earned it fair and square then why is he being fined and reprimanded ? Come to think of it, why is it always Mccheater and Hamboi that are always getting fined and reprimanded ? Mccheater/Hamboi think that the rules don't apply to them, they always push and bend the rules, always needing rules "clarifications" . You're supposed to return to the pits with at least 1 liter of petrol, otherwise we'll see cars stopping all over the track ! It's quite obvious that Cheater/Ham gained a weight advantage, even a slight advantage was all he needed. He should have been given a 5 place penalty.

Seeing how you're the big betting man, how much you want to bet that this will result in another rules clarification and probably an adjustment in the "language" of the rule ? I'm growing tired of this team getting slapped on the wrist for breaking whatever rule they wish to bend to suit their needs.

Hopefully, Webbo will take out Mccheater/Hamboi in turn 1 with Webbo managing to retain P1 and Cheater/Hamboi stuffed into a wall...