$2200 per year for insurance | FerrariChat

$2200 per year for insurance

Discussion in '360/430' started by Noel, Jun 11, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

for a 2007 430 spider...is that price any good? I have not price compared in years and thought I 'd check with you guys to see if I'm getting stiffed. any feedback is welcome, thanks.

2. snoble

snoble Karting

May 10, 2010
    San Jose/Shanghai
    Full Name:
    Steve Noble
    Age, Location, Other Cars, Driving History, Coverage level.. all of these things play a part.. Some people pay $500 a year, others pay obscene amounts :)

If 2200 seems reasonable to you vs what your other cars cost then it's probably good.

My 360 Spider is only $100 more a year then the car that it replaced (a simple Toyota)

3. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I don't know Noel. I just paid the 360 and it is ~$700 per year with State Farm (250/500 coverage).

4. Camdon53

Camdon53 Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Besides the usual factors noted above, price also depends greatly on whether it's a conventional "depreciated value" policy or the more collector/exotic friendly "agreed value" policy. The former is always much cheaper but is usually a huge problem if you ever actually need it (i.e., need the car fixed or replaced). Vendors of the latter type are typically worlds better to work with when something goes wrong but cost more along the way. The price you've quoted sounds like an agreed value policy with something around half that or less for a depreciated value policy.

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    State Farm: $1300 year with $500 deductible (2 car policy) full coverage.

2008 F430 spider bought new.

But I have an excellent driving record.

6. moby242

moby242 Karting

Apr 1, 2010
    Charlotte,NC
    Full Name:
    Mark Brummond
    650 a year for me, 35 year old, 2002 spyder with state farm. 4 car policy

7. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    Here everything is to expensive! I pay $2,600.00 a year and it is that low because a have 20 more cars in my account.
    What a bastards!!!

8. steve0601

steve0601 Karting

Oct 22, 2009
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    1800/year for 2009 scuderia 1000 deductable 4 cars insured with State Farm

9. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm paying about 900. year for my '05 430 with 1K deductible. State Farm. I understand So. CA is very expensive.

Dave

10. delta2210

delta2210 Karting

Aug 15, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I pay $900 per year for a 1999 360 with $1000 deductible through Farmers insurance. Rates in Vegas are about 30-50% higher than many other cities. 24 hour drinking, theft, etc....

11. Hitch-Hiker

Hitch-Hiker Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2010
    Live at the Office
    Full Name:
    HH
    07 spider, +/- $750, state farm also, many cars with them as well.

Key... talk to your agent, and make sure you are covered properly. They will consider it as replacement value. I was not happy with this classification at all, so I had them jump thru a few hoops for me. They ran a "what if" and I was happy with the value results. Keep records and photos up to date! Those that often say they were screwed by their insurance company 99% of the time never knew what their coverages were, and what they were paying for.

On the down side..... If I chose to not have it insured thru them, my umbrella policy would nearly double in price. I was a but upset with this, but after a little conversation, I understood why.

12. Hitch-Hiker

Jan 1, 2010
    Live at the Office
    Full Name:
    HH
    Since we are talking insurance.... just a little reminder to take pics or video inventory of EVERYTHING in your house, every room, inside cabinets, closets, drawers, the mess in the basement, EVERYTHING and store the photos or video in a safe place. If you ever have a loss, photo documentation will most likely save your butt with proof totaling tens of thousands of dollars that you would otherwise forget.

13. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    Location location location Encino 1720 and thats the best Ive ever seen . i called a few of the guys who had ben recommended her and they were all higher or had MILEAGE restriction's which aint any good to me.. ave 3 cars perfect record but its LA county and people steal **** here What can i say

14. Hitch-Hiker

Jan 1, 2010
    Live at the Office
    Full Name:
    HH
    Quoting myself just to clarify, I wasn't thinking about cost of coverage, rather this was to make sure others have the proper coverages and don't get screwed if there is an incident. Some say specialty insurance is the only way to go, an state farm is not good. That can be the case if you don't know what they are providing you.

Sorry if this sounds a little remedial, but there was another post on fchat that made me question my insurance guy, and there was some gray areas in the policy that I had resolved.

15. reuland

reuland Karting

Jan 15, 2010
    tyler,texas
    Full Name:
    kurt
    $850/yr full coverage USAA clean driving record at time of purchase!

16. mjw599

mjw599 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 30, 2008
    A Chinese Democracy
    I'm selling my Scud for the same reason, far too much to insure

17. NPWMD

NPWMD Karting

Apr 16, 2006
    NY,FLA
    Full Name:
    Neal P Wittels, MD
    Being cancelled by Chubb need insurance, any thoughts.

18. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    can you please elaborate here a bit?
    Rgds,
    Vincenzo

19. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

$750 for my CS
    State Farm

20. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    2007 430 spider. Oklahoma. 28 yr old single male.. $110.00 per month, state farm. I personally think this is VERY fair.

21. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Way too much variability to compare. Depends on state, miles driven annually, storage location, driver age and record, number of cars, home insurance with same company, deductibles, etc, etc. Not the same as the price of a Hi Def TV.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

22. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    On my 360, I think I was paying $260 every 6 months.

Ray

23. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Rip-off. Shop around.

24. Chi-Town

Chi-Town Guest

Mar 30, 2010
    California
    Wow you must have any excellent driving record:)