Official book collectors thread | Page 21 | FerrariChat

Official book collectors thread

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by lil squid, Jun 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
    Stunning. Thank you for sharing!

2. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Has anyone kept up with the "Original Ferrari V8" demand phenomenon?

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well it's long "out of Print", but used book stores everywhere have scattered copies.....

4. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    At one point several years back, the author was going to do updates on both, with the current cars at the time, but nothing happened.

5. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    Auctioned mine on Ebay, got $150 for it, I don't think the asking prices of $500+ are moving very many books.

6. MHK69

MHK69 Karting

Mar 14, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt K
    As there's a model trade/swap thread, is there any interest for a book trade thread or would it be okay to mention a book for sale or trade/swap in this thread?

I personally think it would be a great idea, I know there's a for sale section in the forum, so perhaps that is the best place, but I'm sure I can't be alone with extra copies of certain books that I would be interested in trading or swapping for another book.

Of course I'm asking because I have a particular trade in mind :D

Cheers

Matt

7. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    When did this start? I'm glad I have mine! I just wish I had waited to sell the extra one I had a couple years ago.

8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello all:

FYI as I just mentioned in the Breadvan thread there will be a Rebel rebel Breadvan book signing at Le Mans Classic on the Saturday at 11am at Chaters (stand 19-21 zone V1) where those who wish can have Keith Bluemel's fine signature and my horrible squashed mosquito hand writing! Needless to say if you already have a copy and want it signed bring it.

Look forward to meeting some of you there and maybe tell a story or two that were too....delicate to be in the book!

best regards,

Marc

9. trashidelek!

trashidelek! Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Sounds like a great idea to me.

10. MHK69

MHK69 Karting

Mar 14, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt K
    Mark - I wish I could make it to have my book signed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book and also thought the style of the book by printing all the interviews to be very interesting. It's certainly a different approach, which I found worked very well. It gave me the feeling of siting there with the interviewer. Similar to the feeling I had reading the Ken Purdy book on Stirling Moss.

Will you be attending the Monterey week? Maybe we can hope for a book signing there.

Cheers
    Matt

11. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    Thanks for the complement.

That would be a cool idea! Do it at Automobilia Monterey or at any one of the events.

12. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Matt -and Todd-:

Thanks for your much appreciated comments: that was the whole idea and I am glad it worked. Unfortunately I have no plans to attend Monterey this year, maybe Cavallino 2011.

best regards,

Marc

13. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009

Hello Marc,

Will bring the book with me next weekend. Looking forward to have the book signed. Is this the same place Chaters was during the Le-Mans 24H a few weeks ago?

Best regards,

Maarten

14. MHK69

MHK69 Karting

Mar 14, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt K
    My latest recommendation.....

Le Mans - The Official History Of The World's Greatest Motor Race 1960-69

By Quentin Spurring

This is the first in what will be a series of Le Mans books covering each decade with a separate book.

Obviously this book covers the epic 1960's races, with plenty of Ferrari content, the GT40 era and the emergence of Porsche. Each year is covered by a chapter that starts with the event poster and then lap charts,full statistics and race report.

It is completed by a wonderful selection of photos, truly this series will be a must have Le Mans reference when the series is complete.

Approx 350 pages with what must be a few hundred photos.

Cheers

Matt

15. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I'm intereted in purchasing a copy of each GTO reunion book if anyone here is selling.

Thanks!

Jack.

16. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    #517 Dino2400, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Marc & Keith,

It was a pleasure to meet you both at the Le-Mans Classic. I'm very proud to have my book signed by you!

The booksigning was very nice set up. Even "the real thing" showed up together with Max Werner. This , together with the signing session made it very crowdy in front of the Chaters stand...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Marteen:

It was great to meet you and really a special occasion with Keith and Max kindly bringing the Breadvan for the signing: a very nice occasion, one of those that make it all worthwhile!

Have a great summer,

best regards,

Marc

18. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
  19. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Hello Robert
    Your collection looks very smart - thanks for sharing.
    Please excuse me if you've heard this before, but be careful if you have any Enzo signed items on display, or framed, but Enzo signatures fade very easily. They are much safer kept in a folder or file and away from sunlight. Regards
    Nathan

20. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    Small or not, It's a very cool collection. Displayed very well makes a lot of difference. I like the Mechanics coveralls. I have a chance to get some, but there is some major fade throughout most of the outfit. So I keep passing it up.

21. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    #522 robertgarven, Jul 21, 2010
    HA! The pic behing the statue was one Enzo sent me after I wrote him as a teenager! It has his violet signature, and has almost disappeared. I talked to a man who had a letter from Enzo about his cars delivery and the signature had disappeared completely! Along with a set of Cavallino, and Forza I am trying to whittle down my collection to concentrate on the GT4 which is my passion. I was born on the same day Dino Ferrari died in 1956, and since my first memories all I have ever though about is Ferrari and all things Ferrari. As much as enjoy my books I find that I am lookin at them less and working on my car which makes my manuals and parts book, pouch materials and sales materials so special! I used to build 1/43 models professionally and the overalls were from a client and friend. They were from a Le Mans 512BBLM team! When I get a chance I will post some of my rare books. here is a closeup of one of Enzos pics so you can compare signatures. I think the Enzo signature in the autobiography early in the thread is real as I have seen many and the 7 strikes me as his distinctive style...

Thanks for all the pictures, I wish I had a larger house, more disposable income and a library so i could house the books I even have better!!!!

22. Ferri

Ferri Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hugo Garritsen
    #523 Ferri, Aug 15, 2010
    I have a as new copy of Ferrari 312 & 512 Sports Racing Cars - The Porsche Hunters. Written by Ian Bamsey and published in 1986.

I prefer trading against a other book (Ferrari, Bugatti, racing, etc).

Please contact me for more info or trade offer.

Hugo

23. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    I received a new book: "Northeast American Sports Car Racer 1950-1959" by Terry O'Neill, also the author of "The Bahama Speed Weeks". I must say it is a great book. The layout of the book is the same: a year by year account of the races on circuits like Bridgehampton, Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, Dunkirk, Vineland, Montgomery and Thompson. It has become an important reference book, listing all results, drivers and cars, in combination with their chassisnumbers when known. All Ferraris are accounted for with their chassisno's listed. The book is lavishly illustrated with black and white/colour photographs. Is has a high content of Ferrari photos, most of them new to me. The book has 430 pages and is available from Veloce Publishing. Highly recommended!

24. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    More info and some sample pages can be found here:

http://www.veloce.co.uk/shop/graphics/pdf/V4254.pdf

Looks very promising to me, will keep an eye on it. Thank you!