Hartford Concorso 2010 | FerrariChat

Hartford Concorso 2010

Discussion in 'New England' started by cove26, Apr 30, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey Guys,

We are well into the planning stage of the Hartford Concorso 2010, which takes place at the Hartford, CT capitol building on Father's Day. If you haven't attended, you should! The days is really wonderful. About 100 -120 Ferraris show up, both new and vintage. The day starts with 40 cars going on parade to pick up 40 kids at the CT Children's Medical Center. We then give the kids a ride back to the capitol and they are made honorary Italian citizens for the day, then the fetivities begin! All money raised that day goes to the CT Children's Medical Center, Autism Speaks, and The Village. So, I ask all of you who are free that day, give it a look, it is an amazing event!

Now the second part--- we hold a silent auction every year with some amazing items from framed photos, to restaurant certificates, to autographed Ferrari memorabilia. I am inquiring as to if anyone here on F-Chat may have something that they would like to donate to the silent auction for the charities? Be it Ferrari related or other? The FCA/NER is a non profit organization so things donated are tax deductible. If there is something you have in mind, shoot me a pm and I will give you all of the information on where to send it.

Thanks for your help and support!!!
    Mike

2. EcoAutoCT

EcoAutoCT Rookie

Aug 15, 2009
    Full Name:
    Morgan
    PM sent and a bump for the cause.

3. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Will the Silver 308 GTSi be there for some action videos? hehe j/k :)

4. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    #4 sam231, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
    charityI will second Mike's comments about the show. I have participated for many years and it is a LOT of fun and for charity. You never know what great cars are going to be there...and so many! The best part as Mike mentioned goes to the lucky 40 who get to drive the kids from the Connecticut Children's Medical Center to the Statehouse. The joy they and their parents express after the ride is beyond description. Public entry is free and you can get more details on the FCA/NER website @ www.fca-newengland.org

5. TGF

TGF Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    North Central, MA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I just registered. The one time I've made it, it was great. Looking forward to it!

6. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The Hartford Concorso is approaching fast! If you plan on attending and have not registered yet, please do so! This year, the 10th Anniversay, will be a very spectacular show! We have some pretty phenomenal items for the silent auction and some absolutely amazing vehicles that you will not want to miss.....trust me!

Mike

7. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    didn't think I was going to be able to make it but turns out I can - I sent in the registration today

8. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #8 UConn Husky, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
    I've been going to the Concorso since long before I owned a Ferrari...and also just sent my registration in, can't wait!

9. TGF

TGF Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    North Central, MA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I suspect this will be answered when I get my reg. materials, but anyone know what time registration starts and what time the show officially begins and ends? Thanks!

10. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The show times are 11-4. The Parade will assemble around 10:15 am to go pick up the kids at the Hospital, so if you signed up for the parade, be there around then. The check in for registration should also be around the same time.

Mike

11. TGF

TGF Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    North Central, MA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks Mike.

12. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Updated Info. If you are in the parade, be there no later than 9:30 am and if you are just checking in for the show and not in the parade, do not arrive any sooner than 9:00 am.

Unfortunately, the parade is Full! We have over 80 cars registered and more coming in! It is going to be a fantastic show!

13. Mr. Nice Guy

Mr. Nice Guy Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Southern NH
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #13 Mr. Nice Guy, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  14. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    Always a great time. CAn't wait to see everyone on Sunday!

15. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    Sunday looks sunny and warm. Garage queens, now is the time to emerge and join the show!

16. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    We have a great show planned! Over 80 cars registered, The parade is FULL with cars on standby, and those of you that like BBQ, we will have Big Country's Hickory Pit BBQ there providing some great food! If you haven't been,you need to come, and if you haven't registered, what are you waiting for?

Mike

17. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Will Miller or anyone else have a 458 there? pleasepleasepleaseplease!!!!! :D

18. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    I'll be there taking pictures :)

19. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's the million dollar question. Not too sure yet.

20. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    does that mean you are back home?

21. RacerXF599

RacerXF599 Karting

Jan 1, 2008
    USA/ UK
    Full Name:
    James
    What is the general admission cost? Adults and kids? I have never attended and it looks like I can this year. I have read lots of great comments and glad to support a good cause.

Regards,
    James

22. amslb182

amslb182 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2004
    Ct
    Full Name:
    Andrew LeGrant
    Admissions is free for spectators. All money raised for the hospital comes from donations from local businesses and those who enter their cars in the show. Makes for a great day, unfortunately I can't make it this year.

23. bryanS4

bryanS4 Rookie

Jun 11, 2010
    this is always a great time cant wait to see all the toys out

24. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There is also some great BBQ and an amazing silent auction with some great items! All the money from those also goes to the charities.

25. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    That would be nice