My GTO delivered | Page 4 | FerrariChat

My GTO delivered

Discussion in '612/599' started by tabedox, Jun 12, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    It'll be tight, very tight for Thursday :eek: but we are hoping.

2. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Delivery on Thursday or arrival at the dealer?

Gr. Martin

3. enzokidd

enzokidd Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2009
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shaunt
    i think the color combos are fantastic. it simply looks stunning. enjoy it in good health!

4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Beautiful!!!!!!!!! Stunning!!

Glad I took a peak in the 612/599 section today, been a while and what a great surprise!!

Enjoy!

5. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Beauty is in the eye of beholder...

6. mimon911

mimon911 Karting

Jun 2, 2009
    really wonderful car,very nice.

7. PSTexas

PSTexas Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Southlake TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    have you picked it up yet?? - where are the pics already?

8. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    We need pics!!! You must be out driving the wheels of it.

9. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    En tout cas vos gouts me conviennent tres bien (OTO And GTO combos you have chosen)

10. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Wow, what stunned me most about this car was how much it made me swear while looking through the pictures! :D

I didn't know Ferrari did Matte colors? I love a matte black finish myself. Looks so good on Ferraris.

Unbelievable car, unbelievable. Video and more photos are completely necessary.

_J

11. fredhart

fredhart Karting

Mar 22, 2006
    I’d just like to add my voice to the zeitgeist here. Matte Silverston. Bold and Brilliant. This personalization program—the glickenhausation of Ferrrai if you will—is really beginning to add value to the marque, as customers go where the factory fears to tread

12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Wow, who but a burr under some posters' threads? Do not recall the original poster asking for opinions on his purchase, just his sharing his beautiful car with us. If someone shows you his car and you do not like it, keep it to yourself. That is what is done in polite society. I personally do not want to hear your whining opinons. Talk about sour grapes.

Also, I do not speak French, and have no desire to learn. German, yes, even some Norwegian, so unless a thread was started in French, in which case I will ignore it, try sticking to the original poster's language choice.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

13. seanpburke

seanpburke Rookie

Jun 14, 2007
    Dublin, Ireland
    Do people think GTO buyers are going to be a bit braver with their spec/colour/options as they are more likely to keep the car for longer (forever maybe?) than say a person buying a 458....?

Personally I think this is one of the best colour combos I've seen on a modern Ferrari.

S.

14. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    +1. Some people just have no manners.

15. jj525

jj525 Karting

Feb 8, 2009
    Virginia, Florida
    Taz,

You do a lot of things right. In addition to knowing more about the 550/575 than anyone on the board you have the class and credibility to put things straight when appropriate.

Very well said.

16. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Please, nobody take my post as bashing any nationality. I have very good French friends in the Ferrari world and in the WW-I aviation world. For any of whom I would take a bullet.

Bad mannners transcend nationality and should not be tolerated here on FChat.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

17. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    Congratulations on your delivery of Ferrari's most powerful ever road car :D

I am *very* jealous!

Looking forward to hearing your opinions on the drive :)

18. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    #93 dcmetro, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
    I don't want to start any controversy,but the point of a forum is to express different views and opinions.

If me or another member doesn't like the combo,it is our right to tell that.

If there are 528716 posts to say the same thing "Wow congrats the car is wondeful", the forum will lose its interest.

And thanks for your second post, because after I read the first one, I had the feeling you had a condescending attitude toward my great nation.

And honestly the "you have to speak that language" and "You have to express that opinion " attitude is not appropriate in a free and democratic country.

This is not a North-korean Forum.

And now let's end the arguing,OP has a beast, I wish him to enjoy it to the max.

19. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    dc- If you want to go on a general thread where everybody is discussing what colors they like and dislike, then comments like yours are completely appropriate. When someone has already purchased a car and decided on the colors, bashing his choice is bad manners and ill spirited, period. Free and democratic has nothing to do with it. Your North Korean reference is pure BS. If you cannot see the difference, I feel sorry for you.

If someone took you out to the parking lot to see his new car, would you tell him you hated his color choice and he would have been much better off with a different color paint? If the answer is yes, then I really feel for you. So if you would not do it in the parking lot ( I hope), why do it in an open forum?

Too bad we have to teach manners, but sometimes we do, and it amazes me people think others would tolerate or even applaud their lack of tact.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

20. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    +1

I completely agree with you Terry.

21. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK

I wouldn't tell him I hated it but I might say 'I've always thought they looked awesome in 'x' colour' or whatever.

22. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Will- You have good manners.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

23. Janzen

Janzen Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Oklahoma/Texas
    Full Name:
    Janzen
    The matte finish looks awesome.

Almost makes me want to take a belt sander to my car.....

24. Maximus

Maximus Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2009
    Assen, NL
    Full Name:
    Jurgen
    Stunning looking GTO! Personally I would opt-out for the carbon covers for the sill. Just the carbon fuel-filler-cap is a nice break in the matte paint finish. Well spec'ed mate! Enjoy it to the max! :)

25. acarey617

acarey617 Karting

Jul 30, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Adam
    nobody's forcing you to agree with OP's color choices.....but if you don't like them you can either not comment at all or express your distaste in a polite manner. no need for rudeness. you can buy your car in whatever color you choose :)

i've seen plenty of cars i didn't like on f-chat but i don't feel the need to tell the proud owners "wow that color is hideous" etc.