Who has ordered a GTO? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Who has ordered a GTO?

Discussion in '612/599' started by solowmodel, Apr 10, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Lars,

Thats a great story! Amazing.

2. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    PS: This GTO turned out to be one of the three cars used for the GTO presentation at the Military Academy in Modena. So, it has found its way to Germany now!

3. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    What makes you say that? You didn't get any pictures, but you did get the VIN?

Gr. Martin

4. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Lars works for the Bundesnachrichtendienst.Don't repeat it.That's a secret.

5. ryankjb

ryankjb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I think thats gonna look great, if I had the means I would've ordered one with GTO instead of Ferrari on the carbon piece above the radio. That's never been my favorite part of the interior.

6. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Exactly - the GTO stopped at the gas station, so no problem.

Ciao,

Lars T.

7. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    #207 M-individual, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Fellow Fchatters,

Quick note. Picked the car up yesterday evening ... One word ... WOW.

This think is amazing. Engine, chassis, steering, gearbox, sound ... truly remarkable. The balance of this thing is unbelievable. The GTO can not be compared to the GTB or HGTE at all. This is a different animal. Putting her next to my HGTE shows you that aesthetics of the GTO really are quite different. Many things have changed giving the GTO a very impressive appearance in the flesh. It sure as hell is an eye catcher. Thumbs up from lots of people on the highway.

Downshifts are phenomenal. Driving at 170 km/h in 6th gear and downshifting straight to 4th creates explosions :) :)

My wife was following me (it was already dark) and she told me that during downshifts from 3rd to 2nd she saw "fire coming out of the back".

Won't have a lot of time today or this weekend to post detailed driving impressions but more details will follow next week. If all goes well I will have her on the track at Spa this Tuesday. I'll put impressions and pics it in a separate thread.

Here is already one pic to start ...

Cheers,

M :D :D :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. SoCCieBon

SoCCieBon F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Marc
    WOWWWW!!! Hope to see you at Spa on thuesday!!!

9. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Congrats!!! Hope you enjoy it. Cant wait to hear more about it and some pictures.

Simply amazing.

MJ

10. ishan4488

ishan4488 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2009
    Bangalore, India
    Full Name:
    Ishan Rastogi
    Congrats !!
    Looks HOT :D
    Have you stopped smiling yet :D

11. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    Congratulations M!!!!
    Don't forget to blip the trottle when you pass by my place ;)
    Not going on Monday to Spa?
    best
    Jurgen

12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Looks very clean with no stripes or livery. Looking forward to see how you optioned the interior.
    Be careful out there!
    CH

13. commendatore

commendatore Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    Belgium

Congratulation, the best car for the moment, really perfect

14. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    #214 speed racer, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
    Looks amazing M! Congrats and enjoy every moment. Look forward to hearing everything about the driving experience. Is it worthy of "Supercar" status?

15. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Me to. What are you bringing? I hope they will let me on the track with it. Seems that noise is restricted to 105 dB and this thing produces 118 dB per the COC. It sounds like a fighter jet ;)

Thanks MJ. More pics coming soon.

No. My face hurts but who cares :D

I did so about an hour ago. You didn't hear it? No, I'm around Spa on Monday but only on the track on Tuesday.

Thanks. Pics to follow soon of the interior.

Grazie ;)

Thanks. I've put 150 kms on the clock so far. The weather isn't exactly what you can call great (very windy with some showers) so I haven't been able to explore the car's full potential. Nevertheless, I'm already in love with it. The power is tremendous but it's delivered in a much better way than with the HGTE. The gearbox ... you can't get enough of it. The brakes are phenomenal. Handling ... very, very well balanced. The car gives great feedback while driving. The sound ... certainly super car worthy.

What really blew me off my feet is how easy it is to drive this car around town. It is actually more comfortable than my HGTE in normal setting. But when you switch to sports, ... race ... every hair on your body, as tiny as it may be, stands UP. I'll stop writing about it now. I still have the adrenaline rush. This is the type of car you will always find excuses for to take it out and drive it.

It's also unbelievable how good the car looks when it's sitting out there in the street. From behind it's wide, its low, ... to me it's a work of art. I'll hold my judgement on the super car status till I had it on the track but no doubt about the fact that Ferrari built something special, very special. The feeling I had after about 10 minutes in it: "This thing is mine and I don't want to sell this. This is my buddy, this is my toy." It felt immediately at home in it. This is NOT a simple evolution of the 599. This is not a "Scuderia version" of the 599. This is so much more ... It will be interesting to share impressions with other owners. So far ... I'm very, very pleased with what they delivered.

Ciao,

M

16. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Fantastic...Awesome...Beautiful...and a damn sight for sore eyes! Congrats. Can't wait to see and hear more :)

17. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Looks stunning! Enjoy in the best of health.

Gr. Martin

18. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    My adrenelin started to pump into high gear just reading your post. Thanks M. Your first impressions has told me volumes about the car and just reaffirms my faith in both the factory and the GTO badge. Be well and drive safe.

19. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Sweet! Congratulations, love to see the interior when you get the chance, all the best~

20. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    M- Just beautiful, I love the red and black combination. The most exciting road car from Ferrari since the Enzo, and even a bit quicker. Congratulations.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

21. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    M...congratulations!! I'm very happy for you!

Your GTO looks phenomenal and I'm glad to hear that you're liking it so much.

I can easily believe you comments regarding the car's sound as I saw and heard my first 599 GTO a few days ago. It sounded phenomenal and looked nothing short of spectacular.

Needless to say that your GTO deserves its own thread and I'm really looking forward to more pics and updated impressions :) :)

22. origo

origo Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    In my garage
    Full Name:
    Kjell I.
    M -what a car you have got there. I am out of words. Congratulations.

23. 15hn

15hn Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2005
    Full Name:
    HN
    Any news on these options? Any other new options in the pipeline?

24. Souvlaki

Souvlaki F1 Rookie

Jun 17, 2007
    Paesi Bassi
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Fantastic car, M! How can you sleep with a beauty like that in your garage....?
    I would be sitting there all night wondering.......... ;)

Lots of fun and awaiting the pix or even better the vids....:)

Ciao, E.

25. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Bravo Bravo M !!!!

Feed us with impressions and Pictures .

In one word

E.N.J.O.Y :)