Bless me, fellow f-chatters, for I have sinned... | FerrariChat

Bless me, fellow f-chatters, for I have sinned...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by F430GB, Jun 19, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    Bless me, fellow f-chatters, for I have sinned. This is my first time being to confession. I am 18 years old and I recently got a job at a local exotic car dealership. My job is to wash and drive cars. There is a road in back or our dealership that is about 1/4 mile in length. I take each car for a lap or two around that road after being washed. Two months ago, I drove a Ferrari for the first time; a red Ferrari F430. It was, and still is, the best car I have driven. Since getting this job at the exotic car dealership, I have had the opportunity to drive many exotic sports cars. I have driven 12 Porsches, 2 Bentleys, and various Mercedes, Audis, and BMWs. However, two days ago, I sinned. Being a loyal F-Chatter, this is a mortal sin. I drove, not one, but TWO different Lamborghinis. I drove a yellow 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder E-Gear, and a yellow 1997 Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster. I feel dirty after the experience and I feel as if I've committed a mortal sin. I need some Ferrari exposure A.S.A.P. :D

-G.B.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #2 wax, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    LMAO!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

-G.B.

4. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    LUCKY!

I'm pretty jealous.

I was either going to do that at a friends high-end car shop, or do valet at the Breakers!

The BEST jobs for a car guy!

5. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Nice to hear you are having fun mate. :):)

6. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Your job is to wash and then ....drive cars???? That concept is a little confusing to me. But at any rate be careful, if one of my cars was at this dealership and I found an 18 year old driving one out back, first I would crawl down your throat, then I would find the GM of the dealorship, and crawl right up his ass.

7. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    #7 F430GB, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
    I'm actually supposed to drive them; it's part of my job responsibility. We (the dealership) think it's better than turning the car on, moving it for a few feet, then turning it off, or just letting it idle. At least this way, we "get the juices flowing." ;) The road we drive them on is only like a 1/4 mile long lap. These cars are ones that are currently in dealer inventory, not customer cars.

-G.B.

8. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Are you hiring, I don't mind making the move. :D

Since the thread title didn't show fully, I thought you sneezed :eek:

So, bless you!

9. X11OUD

X11OUD Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2008
    Manchester, England
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Well that is totally different! You are forgiven and also it seems very fortunate, enjoy the job!

10. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    I actually took the last open position so....no. lol Sorry. :eek:

-G.B.

11. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Was that Kitty Fishsticks?? :eek:

12. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Well, I can wash cars better! :p

and...look decent doing it :D

No Speedo's for agup!!!! :eek:

13. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    The older you get the more perspective you will obtain. The lines of cheating get a bit hazier and you find ways to convince yourself that you've done nothing wrong. I'd have told myself "it's my job and if I don't drive these two Lamborghinis I'll get fired. If I get fired I'll won't be saving toward my own Ferrari."

The other thing to remember is that guilt is a terrible thing to carry around, we all need to learn to forgive ourselves for our transgressions. If you can't forgive yourself it can eat you alive. I'm not asking you to believe me, just to think about it and as you get older these words will make sense, and hopefully someday you'll be able to shed your shame and feel good about who you are again.

And remember, a car will never become upset if you drive another car. Some will debate this, so just make sure the object of your true affection isn't around when you're pumping the clutch on another.

Plus Lamborghinis are fun, and now you have an idea of what that world holds.

14. Infinity_Racer

Infinity_Racer Karting

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Fl.
    Full Name:
    Gus B
    :D Wow, very lucky indeed!

Kudos to you and good luck!

15. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #15 PhilNotHill, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
    I hope you are logging the 1/4 mile times by make, model, etc. ;)

Second point: driving such a short distance is really hard on a car. You need to drive a few miles to get all the fluids warmed up to operating temperature to be any benefit to the car. Not joking here.

16. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    Speedos? You kidding??? I go all natural baby!!!! :D :p

LMAO!! That made me laugh (that's a good thing). Thanks! :D

Thank you!!! :)

That makes sense, but isn't it better than just letting it idle for a minute then shutting it off?

-G.B.

17. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    You need to get oil flowing through the engine to cut down on engine wear. Mobil 1 should be used to reduce engine wear. Really.

18. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    Thanks for the tip; I'll be sure to keep that in mind. :)

-G.B.

19. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Being young and having the opportunity to work around Ferraris and other great cars is seriously awesome, I had the chance last summer and was literally excited to go to work and do things like scraping the gunk off of 355 engine blocks with a steel wool tooth brush. My friends didn't understand. Your gig sounds a little better than mine though!!

20. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    Exactly! I absolutely LOVE waking up in the morning and getting ready to go to work and I actually get "sad" when we're closing up shop. Certainly the best summer job I could ask for. :cool:

-G.B.