Did anyone catch "Top Shot" last night | FerrariChat

Did anyone catch "Top Shot" last night

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Buzz48317, Jun 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Did anyone watch Top Shot on the History channel last night. I DVR-ed it and it seems to be one of the few reality shows that I think I could get interested in.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    5 minutes, but maybe I need to watch the entire thing. just watched the elimination where they shot a target for their vote who to remove. a bunch of time wasted and drama for silly little elimination.

3. lamboman123

lamboman123 Karting

Mar 18, 2010
    I did that is a cool show i like it

4. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    I watched a few minutes of that, it's really drawn out, but when they shoot, it was awesome.

5. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've watched the first two episodes and have the show programmed into my DVR. To be honest, I'm quite disappointed in the politics of the show. I couldn't care less about the drama among competitors and hate that it plays a role in who stays in the competition. There is way too much focus on the drama and not nearly enough time spent on the range. I'll watch a couple more episodes to see if this improves, otherwise I will lose interest.

6. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They were only voting for the people to participate in the elimination. The two competitors with the most votes face off in an elimination shooting event to decide who goes home.

7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Watched this for the first time yesterday, pretty interesting.

I missed it, but can anyone tell me what Kelley said to Bill to piss him off so much?

8. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I've tried watching it once or twice but could not take more than 5mins of it. The shooting segments are great aswell as all the different guns they use.

9. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The actual incident wasn't caught on tape, but from what I could gather Bill was talking about his ex-wife's boyfriend/husband (not sure which) shooting himself in the chest. Kelly responded by asking Bill if she was really that bad. Obviously Kelly made a joke in poor taste, but Bill came off like a drama queen refusing to accept Kelly's apology or let the incident go.

Now I feel like a schmuck for being able to describe this incident. :(

10. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Its just another bs reality type show.

11. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    It's just "Survivor" with guns.

12. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I've watched a couple episodes. Think they need more exotic wepons. Even I can hit a target better than that w/ a long bow.

13. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Have you actually done it? Shooting a 40-lb long bow accurately at 100 yards is significantly more challenging than it appears on tv. If you can drop arrows into a five-gallon bucket at that range, I'd like to see it.

14. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    In poor taste. Yes to someone he just met days before true. But it is pretty funny since it is his ex-wife.

But yea, Bill acted like more a little kid than Kelley by not accepting his apology. He doesn't have to like the kid, but accepting is the "mature" thing to do. At least Kelley offered one and was trying to make amends. A lot of people won't do that.

LOL. That is the problem with this show is the "Real World/Road Rules Challenge" feel to it.

15. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    It's entertaining :)

Yeah and as much as I didn't care for the other guy in the elimination, I was glad to see Bill go home. What an ass.

16. JohnLClark

JohnLClark Karting

May 15, 2005
    Pittsburgh
    Funny you mention that. The host was on Survivor a few times.

17. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Dude, I've been a bodybuilder since 1980. Competed in and won the "Venus" title in 1984 as well as Ms Georgia. I bench 160. Took archery as one of my PE classes in college & am quite good.

18. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    1. Please explain to me what bodybuilding and archery have to do with each other?

2. Bench press and archery have ZERO in common.

3. Archery in PE class? Seriously? That's the experience you're going to pull out?

I will ask again. What experience do you have shooting a long bow at targets 100 yards away? I took archery in college too and 100 yard shots weren't part of my curriculum. I still got an A, though. ;)

19. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Maybe V1 (no I didn't say she) was watching Ted Nugent kill that bear on his show last night and got a little Cat Scratch Fever?

20. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    1 & 2. Ok, basically I can pull a heavy bow. Bodybuilding is good strength training for lots of sports.
    3. It’s like riding a bike. The ability to judge the arc and pull needed to hit a distant target is mostly instinct and comes naturally to me. Have had lots more experience than any of the competitors in Top Shot (except the one that bow hunts deer). We shot the football field in college with many bow types. Since then I have shot ranges at the local military base and clearly have not lost my touch.
    BTW: I'm great w/ a sligshot too!

21. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Indirectly, you've answered my question. Your knowledge of archery and your experience tell me everything I need to know about your ability to drop arrows into a small target at 100 yards.

22. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I can peg it. Want to try me? Lets go at the range. Shooting is fun!

23. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, I want you to try dropping arrows into a five gallon bucket at 100 yards with a long bow. Let me know how it works out. Video of your results would be even better. Prove that you can pull off this remarkable feat and I will happily and humbly eat crow. Until then, I still call bs.

24. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Don't hold your breath. V1 is famous for issuing then ducking grandiose challenges....

25. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I fully expect to see Flash throw out his complete support of Sarah Palin in 2012 before I see proof of V1 raining arrows into that bucket. Hey, it could happen. :)