Ferrari Museum Tour | FerrariChat

Ferrari Museum Tour

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by petiks, Jul 6, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. petiks

petiks Rookie

Aug 22, 2009
    Hello Everyone! I was hoping you can point me to the right direction. I would like to visit the Ferrari Museum in September and I was wondering if a US company offers packages? Thanks!

Mark

PS - I tried sending an email to http://www.modenatur.it/contatti.php which was noted in the Ferrari site. I was hoping there's a US company that offers the same service.

2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Are you referring to the Galleria in Maranello? If so, just walk in a pay the admission. No advance reservations are required. I believe it's open every day except Christmas and perhaps Easter Sunday.

If you're referring to some other museum I'm not aware of it.

3. petiks

petiks Rookie

Aug 22, 2009
    hi Jack-the-lad!

yes, i was. i was wondering if anyone here has visited the place. i read that ducati and other museums are also nearby. thanks!

mark

4. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    Just went there in May, really cool place. Current Cavallino has a nice write-up on the Galleria, if you want a little more info. I also checked out Modenatur, but my wife and I just did our own thing.

After the museum, go rent some seat time in any number of current Ferraris from one of the vendors near the Galleria - what can beat driving a Ferrari in Maranello?

Have fun.

5. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Not far from Maranello is Sant Agata, home of Lambo
    I've heard they have a great museum too (I have not been there)

Galleria is great!
    Don't forget a meal at Montana's and at Cavallino

6. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    The lamborghini factory is very cool.Not as cool as the Ferrari factory tour,but worth the trip.The Lamborghini "museum" is their lobby which is 2 levels. Many great examples are there on display.

7. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  8. petiks

petiks Rookie

Aug 22, 2009
    #8 petiks, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
    hello everyone!

thanks for your responses! i've been surfing about places to visit. please feel free to share your "itenerary" when you visited maranello. also, kindly share your "you didn't go to maranello if you didn't go to..." list! :)

9. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    Cool, thanks for posting.

10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    #10 Jack-the-lad, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
    Yes, I have been to the Galleria. It is a very interesting place. You should plan on about three hours to see everything thoroughly. My suggestion would be to have a light breakfast, do the Galleria tour and then have a nice long lunch at Cavallino. Try to get a table where you can see the comings and goings...last year our table was right in front of the privste dining room and Piero Ferrari and his wife strolled right past us.

Be sure to eat at Cavallino (lunch) and Montana (dinner). Do you own a Ferrari? If so, you can arrange a factory tour through FNA. If you are able to do that, try to talk them into letting you see Ferrari Classiche. Ducati and MV Agusta factories are not too far away if you're into beautiful Italian bikes. I don't know what their tour policies are.

Have fun!

11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    OP : look up the Maranello for creme puffs thread - it is the ultimate guide to the area

12. 3M7M5

3M7M5 Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    See my post: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246912

I visited Galleria last year. What made my Maranello trip worth it was seat time in a 430. When you read my post, definitely note that I was in Ferrariville for only a few hours. Since I was in such a hurry to walk through the museum before it closed, find a Ferrari to drive, and get back to Florence for dinner, I unfortunately missed perhaps the coolest part of the museum - the room with the cars of all vintages in a slanted circle. Oh well, there's always next time.

13. petiks

petiks Rookie

Aug 22, 2009
    thanks! :)
    i'm definitely taking notes....

14. AceAndy2

AceAndy2 Karting

May 19, 2008
    Idaho/Italy
    Full Name:
    Andrew Adams
    #14 AceAndy2, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Do NOT miss the Pagani HQ, schedule a tour and you will not be disappointed. Don't forget about the Maserati factory near downtown Modena (could see it from the hostel on one of my trips).

EDIT while your at the galleria walk up the street to the Fiorano racetrack entrance and poke around the Zanasi body shop, once I peeked in a window and saw four Enzos lined up. The picture was the side yard of Zanasi around Jan/08.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    #15 jm2, Jul 11, 2010
    Yes the Maserati tour is worth it as well as the Pagani shop.

16. petiks

petiks Rookie

Aug 22, 2009
    thanks for all those who replied to the thread! still finalzing our trip. but, galleria ferrari is a sure thing! :) how much does it usually cost to rent a ferrari for an hour?

17. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    #17 spike308, Aug 7, 2010
  18. Scuderia-F1

Scuderia-F1 Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Anders
    Don´t miss a stroll by the Zanasi shop! ;)

19. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    The little gift shop next to the Galleria rent's driving in a Ferrari with someone from the shop, but I don't think you can rent them for an hour...

Who knows? I didn't ask.

Mike

20. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    E60 for 20 mins was what they were asking when I was there a month ago... if you have a Fcar at home I wouldn't bother since the streets are all small local 50km-hr, if it's your only chance to drive one, then maybe...

21. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #21 Mikestradale, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
    this is the website of the Ferrari rental company near the Galleria Ferrari.

www.pushstart.it

I think 20 mins is 60 euro and it's 80 euro if you also want the video. They have a scuderia, 458, f430, california

22. MikeMonty

MikeMonty Karting

May 28, 2004
    Nashville TN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #22 MikeMonty, Aug 10, 2010
    I visited the gallery a few weeks ago. I rented a 458 for 10 mins at one of the shops outside, cost 100 euros. I have driven a 360, 430, the power on the 458 was incredible. It is expensive but I do not own an F-car (saving for one) so it was worth it to me. Even though the roads might be 50 km/h, the guy that drove with me took me to some decent roads where I could open her up. I was there on a weekday afternoon so traffic was light. In the 10 mins, I got to do four WOT runs, 1-3 gears which was easily worth 100 euros. Once we got to a good section he would say that is was ok to "go", I would basically stop in the middle of the road and then full throttle, tires spinning, etc...had some fun on the round abouts as well. The small streets of Maranello are not the best roads to eperience a Ferrari but I had a blast! :)