3rd Annual Ventura Motorsports Gathering Car Show July 10th & 11th | FerrariChat

3rd Annual Ventura Motorsports Gathering Car Show July 10th & 11th

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by robertgarven, Apr 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    #1 robertgarven, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    VENTURA TOUR AND CAR SHOW FEATURING PORSCHE
    JULY 10 AND JULY 11 2010

Ventura Sports and Race Car club is pleased to announce the 3rd annual Ventura Motorsports Gathering, this year featuring the distinguished marque Porsche.

The Gathering is a two day event featuring a TOUR on Saturday and a (sports car) CAR SHOW on Sunday. Ventura is a friendly relaxed weekend tourist destination, and this weekend in designed to please the classic sports car enthusiast and his better half. Down town Ventura offers upscale entertainment, restaurants and lodging.

The Saturday Tour is a relaxed drive from Ventura to Carpentaria to Ojai where we will visit the private Mike Taggart Car Museum. Then we will drive to the Ojai Valley Inn for delicious lunch, then on to Casitas Springs for wine tasting at the Oak Creek Winery for wine tasting. This is a classy relaxed tour that will certainly please your wife or girl friend. $50 per person includes the lunch and wine tasting and museum.

The Car show on Sunday will be held at the Ventura marina on the Grass. Judging will be by other entrants in your “class”. The site is a beautiful setting with the Ocean on one side and the Ventura marina on the other. Entrants will be given free boat rides across the marina to the nearby Ventura Marina restaurants and shops. Your wife or girlfriend will thoroughly enjoy it.

Last year’s weekend was great, this year should be even better. So break out your classic Ferrari or if you have a classic Porsche bring it out. There is no formal judging. This show is not about originality. It is a meeting of and for friends and about sports car enthusiasts and the passion they have for there specific car.

Hope to see you there. I am still in charge of getting Ferrari's there so e-mail me if you have any questions!

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND ENTRY FORMS VISIT www.venturamotorsportsgathering.com

Even though it is Porsche I would like to get as many nice Ferrari's on the grass in all fairness to the public!! HA
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SPDADCT

SPDADCT Karting

Oct 28, 2009
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    What is the exit for the Sunday Show, is it close to Seaside Park?

3. skyhigh

skyhigh Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    SoCal
  4. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    No, it's about 5 miles south of Seaside Park. If you drove South on Harbor Drive from Seaside Park, you'd pass right by the Ventura Harbor/Marina. Best to use Google maps to see a view of the area.

If you are coming from the south, it's best to exit at Victoria Ave. Turn left on Victoria and follow the signs to the Ventura Harbor.

5. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Dear Friends,

I have been having some work and personal issues that have kept me from pumping up the enthusiasm for our car show this year. My car wont be back together but one of my responsibilities is to make sure we have a strong contingent of Ferrari's on the field. Since my car will be MIA, that will leave room for one of your fine pieces of Italian machinery to take its place. Please help me out by signing up on line and maybe like last year posting to this thread if you can come and what model you are bringing.

If any of you have a significant Porsche that would also be great as that is the featured marque, however I want to see a gaggle of Ferrari's!!! Last year was amazing and I know you wont let me down. The new venue is larger and will be beautiful as it sits next to the ocean. The tour the day before will also be spectacular and I hope many will attend. The Collection in Ojai we are attending is the private collection is amazing and not to be missed.

I look forward to you all being there!!

Thanks!!

Rob

So far we have, please add your name and car if you can come!!

1978 512BB
    1978 308GTB
    1984 512 BB

6. Telerding

Telerding Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2004
    Santa Maria/CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Elerding
    Rob:

I will be there with the Daytona. I believe Orwin will be there with his newly repainted Lusso, if it is together; Richard may come in his Porsche 356C.

7. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Wow that would be great!!! My car has been in pieces for 9 months now and I only have about 1 day a week to work on it!! I have been told there will be some important race Porsches there also. Look forward to seeing you again!!!

8. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    #8 robertgarven, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
    Dear Friends,

The time is drawing close for the Ventura Car Show. If you want your pic in the program you need to sign up now! I know the show marque is Porsche but allot of the Porsche Clubs have events the same day so I am hoping a bunch of you Ferrari guys come up or down the coast and join the party. The last two years were very laid back and this year the new location should be cool. Because of work I have not had as much time to devote to the show, and my friends helping to organize it probably think Im a slacker, so I am counting on my fellow tifosi to sign up and maybe by proxy the featured marque this year will again be Ferrari! The Auto Galley is going to have a display so who knows what really cool cars they will send this year!!! Please help me out and have a good time simultaneously!!!

Thanks to all who are coming!!!

Rob

9. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Things are starting to line up where it looks like I'll be able to make it. This will be my first event in SoCal since my move from the East Coast so I look forward to meeting everyone.

10. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Just signed up. Anyone else attending?

11. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    YEA!! Thanks Lets get some more Ferrari's!!!! :) If the porsche chick in the pic above shows up again it will be worth the price of admission! She had 4 or five following her around. I was too embarrassed to take a pic of her and I turned around and my wife was with her saying hey take a picture of us!!! HAAAA

12. Guaruja

Guaruja Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2006
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Andre R
    Anyone know what time the car show runs until?

Just wanna see if I can watch the World Coup Finals before heading over on Sunday :)

13. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    The show should be over early, it is pretty casual and i think it went to 3-4 last year.

This is the final week and i am still hoping we have a bunch more Ferraris show up! I will be there real early like 5am so please bring your car and come to the show! You will have a great time and see some very interesting vehicles!

14. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    What time do things start?

15. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    I am going to be there early the Rally starts (leaves) at 10:00 on Saturday, and the Car show will have cars arriving from 7- 9:30 am. There will be several very special cars there from what I heard at our last meeting! If you see me come say hello!

16. mjw599

mjw599 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 30, 2008
    A Chinese Democracy
    That Mexican girl in the last photo looks like one of Kirby's paid girls.

17. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Thanks for a great show and great fun meeting everyone!

18. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    I want to Thank everyone who came out. The weather was a bit overcast which was sad as today was as nice a day i have ever seen, Oh well! All in all a great show with once again some unbelievable cars!!!!!

I was going to post some pics but after VC Rides pics, why bother!!

Ha

Hope to see you all again next year.

Monteman, I dont even think I met you but your car was fantastic, Congratulations on the award!!!

Rob

19. Bphill22

Bphill22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2008
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    GT3 Racer
    does anyone know how to contact the gentleman that was displaying the tiled shields/logos etc. in post #1?

20. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Bruce,

Yes they were very nice:

Jim Valentine

www.exoticmosaics.com

Would you do me a favor if you purchase something from him will you mention that you saw it on a post about our car show. I promised to help promote his art for taking part in our show.

Thanks

Rob

21. Bphill22

Bphill22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2008
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    GT3 Racer
    Rob -- Thanks for the quick reply and I will mention that I got his info from you.