Bridgeport VS South waterfront... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bridgeport VS South waterfront...

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by F355 Spider, Jun 26, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Spider

F355 Spider Formula 3

Jun 21, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Sonny
    Do they even know how to spell coffee in Vantucky???? All we need now if for Wilson to set up his Cars and Coffee and we will be good to go!!!

2. F355 Spider

F355 Spider Formula 3

Jun 21, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Sonny
    Allen,

Nothing has changed with either of the events... Decent turnout today at BP... We met over by paradise and had soccer mom free parking..

3. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    WILSON!!!!!!

4. m3power222

m3power222 Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Camas, WA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
    Forget that, I'm setting up a Trucks and Coffee in Camas. Walmart parking lot near Wendy's @ 5PM!

5. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Shouldn't this be Trucks and Beer? :D

6. Tonycan

Tonycan Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2002
    Here and there
    Full Name:
    Tony C.
    Apparently you haven't read the rules regarding conflicting events.

Wait a minute---there are no rules.

Now that you mention Walmart, maybe I should try to organize an RV C&C sleepover. Any exotic RV owners out there? Let me know what you think. We could all drive our RVs to Bridgeport and the South Waterfront, then to East Gresham, Vancouver and Camas and then spend the night at Walmart.

How cool is that?

7. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Can I bunk with you T? Seperate rooms of course :)

8. m3power222

m3power222 Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Camas, WA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
    Gnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa gnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa gnaaaaaaaaaaaaaa what what!

9. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Where the heck have you been Wilson???

10. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    hahahaha....where ya been dude?

11. m3power222

m3power222 Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Camas, WA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
    Just workin same ole same ole. Ohhh wait I've been workin on the back yard so finally got a usable yard after 5 years. HOA = love/hate relationship.

12. F355 Spider

F355 Spider Formula 3

Jun 21, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Sonny
    Nice... Maybe Rob will set up an RV chat section just for you guys...

13. F355 Spider

F355 Spider Formula 3

Jun 21, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Sonny
    HOA... Nice... glad to see you are still around bro..

14. m3power222

m3power222 Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Camas, WA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
    Sonny you think I should stripe and shield a Chevy S10? LMFAO!

15. Tonycan

Tonycan Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2002
    Here and there
    Full Name:
    Tony C.
    Now that we've all had some fun with this C&C conflict, why don't we all move on to other things and drop this type of malicious thread. This doesn't have to be an either/or situation unless some folks continue to make it that way. I, for one, do not.

I believe each venue will succeed or fail on its own. For some folks, distance does matter early in the a.m. That's why the Salem/Kaizer C&C appears to be a success. On any given Saturday one can choose to go to any of these events, and have the option of a short or long drive.

I was a regular when these were held at Jantzen Beach, but not so much at Bridgeport---and I have yet to attend the South Waterfront event. When the Jantzen Beach C&C went away (why, I don't know), people moved on, I guess because there was no ownership. You just showed up.

I like the idea of just showing up wherever and whenever I feel like it without having to deal with issues such as this. At the end of the day, it's always about the people and the cars, and not the venue. Just let people know what their options are and leave the choice to them without having to take sides.

Thanks.

16. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    +1

Well said Tony!

17. m3power222

m3power222 Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Camas, WA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
    +1000 This thread should be closed on that note.

18. F355 Spider

F355 Spider Formula 3

Jun 21, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Sonny
    All,

I am with Tony... Lets close this one down and move forward...

19. debriga

debriga Karting

Jul 31, 2008
    washington
    Before this thread is closed down, I would like to apologize for my last post in this thread.

In my defense, if there is such a thing, it was posted shortly after I had some changes to some medication I was taking. Two of the prescriptions (from two different doctors) should not have been mixed. As a result of this I was somewhat "under the influence" and playing somewhere out in left field. Meds are now straightned out.

Again I am sorry for this and meant no malice or harm!! It would never have been posted if it was not for the problem with the meds!!

20. mjw599

mjw599 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 30, 2008
    A Chinese Democracy
    Kevin's event is focused on the Lamborghinis and Darwin's the Ferraris. Big Mike can never get his lazy FA out of bed so it doesn't matter

21. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    Actually, Bridgeport has always been about bringing unity of all makes and models together, as well as trying to "bridge the gap" between competing dealerships on a common ground with no pressure for sales and no one saying this place is better than that place. RTGT came out several times in support of the event as well as GPI when they were open...now that GPI is closed, RTGT hasn't really come out for the event, which is ok as well. I'd like to see it get back into the swing of things with all clubs being involved like they were in the beginning.

While I drive a Lambo, mine is the only one in attendance as of late and I believe there were about 9-10 Ferrari's there today, one lambo, one viper and mike's big b.

All in all, my focus and enthusiasm for this event has always been simply bringing car guys together in one place to socialize and enjoy the cars. It is about choice, it's not a competition, my point has always been, if you have an event on the same day and time as bridgeport, then I cannot attend, which may be the point in and of itself...but I'm certainly not going to abandon my project in favor of another on the same day and time...as much as I love driving downtown, it's just not possible for me.

End rant.

22. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking

KEVIN....................................................I LOVE YOU :)

23. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    You obviously don't know anything about the events since you have never attended any. Also you don't know who anyone is other then what you have read in these posts, and you have even managed to get that wrong. So shut up and stay out of it!

24. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!

25. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    Many Satrudays there are more Ferraris than other makes at Bridgeport.

-sc