"North Central" spotters thread | Page 25 | FerrariChat

"North Central" spotters thread

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by fiorano94, Jan 31, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nicholass

nicholass Rookie

Nov 9, 2009
    #601 nicholass, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thats a Doug Levin TT Gallardo. The owner is on this site. Saw him a lot on woodward tonight. Along with two 996 Turbo's rolling together, Katech's personal Z06, a red Gallardo spyder, a grey F430 spyper, a black F430, red 360, several Zr1's, a Rossin, two GTR's & a white Boxster spyder.

Pictures were all taken a couple weeks ago in Birmingham. They are the only ones I have but will definetly be taking more since i found this thread.
    1. The TT Gallardo
    2. identical F430 spyders
    3. same as #2 but look closley & you can see a black Gallardo spyder in the background
    4. Viper ACR (was LOUD) with 911 cab behind it.
    5. Katech's plate. Best picture I could get with my blackberry.
    6. Thought was really funny
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    What car is pictured above the FXX?

3. mr2speedracer

mr2speedracer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Devon GTX, I like the car but I cant get used to the paint. I really want to see it all one color

4. redwingfan2k1

redwingfan2k1 Karting

Apr 21, 2004
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Louis N.
    Thanks for the info, it's really a beautiful car. Wish I saw it more on my drive back from school!

Tonight there was a black F430 and red Gallardo Spyder at Ocean Prime, as well as a gray F430 Spider on Orchard Lake (owned by "Gary" according to the name plate on the dashboard) which I also saw last night in Royal Oak. Also, there's a 458 at Cauley. I'll upload pics from the past few weeks on Tuesday.

5. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Oohh Cauley has a 458 now? It must have just arrived, because I was there last week. Can't wait to see one at Concours!

Chris

6. track

track Rookie

Apr 28, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Fisker Tramonto in Birmingham one week ago.

7. redwingfan2k1

redwingfan2k1 Karting

Apr 21, 2004
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Louis N.
  8. Jeffg11

Jeffg11 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff Grabowski
  9. redwingfan2k1

redwingfan2k1 Karting

Apr 21, 2004
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Louis N.
    Hmm, I thought it would let you guys see all of them. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Hopefully this link works better, as it is to the whole album:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2185502&id=38512126&l=3f9f75f8eb

10. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Ooh I've seen that Rossion Q1 before. I got a video of it driving by. I also saw the 458 Italia driving around at Cauley Ferrari yesterday.

Chris

11. mabie34

mabie34 Rookie

Mar 29, 2009
    Michigan
    In Birmingham tonight:

Gray Aston Martin DBS
    Silver Mercedes SLS AMG
    Blue Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    All Gray Audi R8
    and a few Bentleys

12. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    #612 Webby, Jul 17, 2010
  13. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    Drove from Toledo to St. Louis and back today, saw all kinds of classics headed eastbound on I-70 today. Most notably was a 1980s Rolls Royce, and a Bitter SC!

Anyone on I-70 between St. Louis and Indianapolis, or I-69 up to Ft. Wayne may have seen a black Lancia Beta Zagato on a trailer . . . that was mine. :)

14. nicholass

nicholass Rookie

Nov 9, 2009
    #614 nicholass, Jul 18, 2010
    Saw a lot of cool stuff the last two days all in Birmingham. The highlights were an e46 m3 with a cage, V8 vantage conv, ton of Bentley's as always, a Rolls Royce Phantom (was just as tall as the mini van it was next to at the light), black 360 with plate 'GAM3OVR', red 360 Spyder, dark blue 996 turbo with Fiske rims, Maserati Granturismo & a red 458!!! Thought it was very ugly in pictures but driving up & down Woodward it looked incredible & sounded just as good. I will be buying a nice camera next week that will also have HD video so I'll have much better pictures & some video for you guys instead of Blackberry pictures. Really wish I could of got a few pictues of the 458.

But by far the coolest part of my weekend was at speedway on woodward about 1:30am when a very loud yellow viper flies by, makes a U turn, pulls in & pops the hood. We go over to check it out & the guys ask if we have any tools, the coupling on the turbo piping for one of the turbos poped off & the car wasn't making any boost. So I got the jack from car & my friend got his bag of tools from his car & we jack it up take the front tire off & after about 40 minutes of trying everything finally got it back on & was making boost again. Turns out its an Underground Racing TT viper, 1300 hp with twin 78mm turbos. Then we saw the guys a little later in downtown their friends had a black Murci 6-speed with Tubi exhaust (drool) & a Tungsten Ford GT. I'll have the pictures of those later because my friend took some with his camera.

15. nicholass

nicholass Rookie

Nov 9, 2009
    #615 nicholass, Jul 18, 2010
    Oh & almost forgot, saw this rare beauty on 75 today around 8:45. The owner gave me a wave when he saw us taking a few quick pictures of it & then he pulled up next to us at a light on woodward, really cool guy. If you can't tell because of the terrible picture quality its a very clean E34 M5.

16. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Damn!!! That's a great night even for Woodward! How come you never see stuff like that at Autozone?

Chris

17. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    That is an appropriate photo considering that the car needed some "plumbing" work. ;)

18. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I wonder the same thing sometimes. I'd rather make the journey out to Birmingham for AutoZone when I know there will be at least some cars, rather than drive out there on a Saturday evening when you have the potential of seeing nothing. It's a waste of gas if it's bare. Then I read about seeing the 458 Italia in Birmingham, and it makes me wish I would go out there once in a while!

Chris

19. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Seeing them driving down woodward on a fair weather evening on Fri-Sat is basically guarenteed. AZ and similar places simply offer a location where you can shoot the breeze with the misc. owners.

20. mabie34

mabie34 Rookie

Mar 29, 2009
    Michigan
    Birmingham tonight:

Black Mercedes SLR McLaren Roadster
    Gray Aston Martin DBS
    Red Ferrari California
    Black Maserati Gran Turismo
    A few V8 Vantages
    and numerous Bentleys

21. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Ooh I've seen that black SLR on Woodward before. I got some footage of it driving there.

Chris

22. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    red Maserati 3200 in South Haven, MI today... Illinois plates. Possibly a GranSport.

23. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Kalamazoo, Mattawan, Eau Claire, Dowagiac, Three Rivers, on to Coldwater, MI, to complete the day and not a single dang thing. Umm, wait a minute. A homemade car crusher. Film at 11.

BUT, yesterday, a really ORIGINAL 1980 Checker cab painted livery yellow, still outfitted with roof-top and meter inside, yellow and purdy. GM engine, driveline (V-6 can you mention underpowered?) and no rust - right in its hometown of Kalamazoo, MI. Not many "young-uns" 'member those.

24. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I did some "rally cross" in a Diesel Checker built in the early 1960's 10 years ago :)

25. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    #625 AxerJk, Jul 29, 2010
    Went to the RM auctions building in Ypsilanti today, and they had a lot of stuff from the Meadowbrook Concours d'elegance there, including the Ferrari 250 GT California. What's amazing is that they always have one of those in there, but today there were 2 of them! Only 51 ever built, and 2 of them in the same room.

The '71 Cuda and the LaSalle were also at Meadowbrook. Not in the actual show itself, but in the auction area. It was behind the VIP parking lot.

The Porsche 959 has been in the RM building for a while.