Italian Gathering Reminder | FerrariChat

Italian Gathering Reminder

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Jalpa_Mike, Jul 12, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Just a reminder that the Griot's Garage Italian Gathering is this Saturday (July 17th) at 11am. Should be a great time!!!!

Lunch tickets will be $5.00 a piece and 100% of the proceeds will be going to The Make-A-Wish Foundation! Food is being catered by Adriatic Grill.

Griot's have been advertising the event all week long on the radio, so there should be a great turnout!!! Tech sessions, tours of the new facility, great food, free drinks from NOS, Fantastic charity and MORE!

Come out and join us for a fun event since we won't be holding the Italian Concours this year.

Mike

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Thank you for the reminder.

Does this event require any pre-registration, or entry fee? How long does it last?

I see on Griot's calendar that they are holding a tech session for the Z-car club on the same day at 10:00AM - will this be a conflict for parking and set-up?

3. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    They moved the Z car tech session. They haven't really been keeping their calender up to date.

No charge at all. No advance registration necessary. Just show up.

People are free to come and go as they please all day. I would think they'll start wrapping things up around 4pm.

Mike

4. TommyJames

TommyJames Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2008
    There will be a large group leaving from the Exotics @RTC event at 10:15 AM. Nothing more fun than driving down as a group! Driver's meeting at 10:00 AM

5. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Bring the radios...

6. TommyJames

Mar 30, 2008
    Yea, as for radios, bring the GMRS radios which will NOT be on the same frequency as FRS radios. We have gone to GMRS radio use because in a long caravan where they are lights involved we get too spread out and the FRS radios are a waste of time. FRS works fine with very small groups sticking very close together but when we have 30+ cars as we're likely to have on Saturday all going to the same place, forget it, FRS is useless. We tried. Even with GMRS the distance is not spectacular.

We are having GREAT luck with Midland 36 mile GMRS radios and headsets. Fry's sells them along with the better headsets.

http://www.amazon.com/Midland-GXT1000VP4-50-Channel-Waterproof-Rechargeable/dp/B001WMFYH4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278964907&sr=8-1

As for headsets- we LOVE these things!

http://www.amazon.com/Midland-AVPH3-Transparent-Security-Headsets/dp/B000CNAEEW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278964980&sr=8-3

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    #7 f355spider, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
    Thanks Tommy,
    I have been looking for some recommendations on a decent radio...even if you only get three or four miles, that would be a huge compared to the spotty distances with FRS. Interesting ear piece....is the mic cord long enough to run down the sleeve on my tux? ;)

Any reason not to buy them off Amazon, or is the price that much better at Frye's?

8. TommyJames

Mar 30, 2008
    Yea, you end up looking like Secret Service, but they are very comfortable and they sound terrific, far better than going without. We recently tried the new iPhone PTT application and it's just too buggy to be worthy of any practical use. For now GMRS is the way to go.

9. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Are the antennas removable on the Midlands? I have an external window mount antenna, that would be greatly extend range, if the Midland comes off.

10. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #10 Spasso, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
    I was quite happy with 60.00 for the pair of radios and 20.00 for the ear piece from Amazon, considering you get a charger and two additional mic booms with the radios as well.

Free shipping if you choose the 5 to 9 day Super Saver option.

11. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    They are all Parking Thug (TM) approved!

12. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Maybe we can recruit a few of the Parking Thugs (TM) to help at Griot's on Saturday too! They just need a couple folks to point the people coming in on where to park. The Italian Machinery will be going all the way to the back where grass and gazebo are located. All other cars park right in front of the store in the stalls. Pretty easy.

They said they would have some wonderful gifts for the few that won't help out in that department! :)

Mike

13. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I would love to Mike, but unfortunately I'll be in Yakima all day Saturday. Maybe we can find some others that will be there to pitch in.

~Christian

14. atomic80

atomic80 Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Where it always rain
    Full Name:
    Jason T
    I'll be more than happy with the parking duties. Do you guys have an extra "vest" for me to use?

15. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Guess I should have PROOF READ my last sentence!! Hhahahahaha...

It should read:

They said they would have some wonderful gifts for the few that WILL help out in that department! :)

16. TommyJames

Mar 30, 2008
    Would be nice to get others to help out on Saturday for the Tacoma show. Thuggery is more exhausting than it looks. Usually by the time we're done running around, then standing then running around we're all worn out.

I can provide extra vests if you need them Mike. You may want to grab a few before we head down from E@RTC. I also assume you want us to use the side entrance and not the main entrance so we're not blocking traffic as we come in. I'm guessing at this point that it will be 40+ cars on the drive down but we never know until Saturday. I'll give you a heads-up before we leave RTC.

17. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    I just got mine from Amazon. :)

18. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    Funny.

19. TommyJames

Mar 30, 2008
    We still will have distance limitations with the GMRS depending on obstacles, etc., but they sure are nice on an open stretch when we get spread out. The ear piece allows me to tuck the radio somewhere for better reception without having to hold it in one hand. With the FRS radios we were having trouble getting communications across the parking lots at RTC!

20. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    Dude, can't send you a PM because your box is full. :)

21. TommyJames

Mar 30, 2008
    Just cleared out some messages. Hey, I'm popular! :)

22. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Not that the gift part enticed me but I could help out if you need. What time do you need people there?

23. 32-valve 2+2

32-valve 2+2 Karting

Mar 14, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Griot's Garage Italian Gathering . . .

Hi Mike:

Heard you're looking to recruit a few Parking Thugs (TM) at Griot's on Saturday. I'm happy to help in whatever you want done. Can arrive however early you need me and stay late. Let me know!

Bill B.

24. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Hi John:

PM Sent.

Mike

25. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie