TO MY MUSIC ENTHUSIAST FRIENDS!!! | FerrariChat

TO MY MUSIC ENTHUSIAST FRIENDS!!!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by ExoticRobert, Jul 18, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ExoticRobert

ExoticRobert Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    #1 ExoticRobert, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well after waiting for almost 6 months I got my new American Strat "Select" with four pick-ups, normally Fender Strats will only have three! That being said, the forth pick-up is a Humbucking pick-up which as you all know will give it a great Gibson sound thru my Marshall Amp, even if it is a Fender Guitar. Allot of extra hi end products were built in this guitar. Also only one built with a solid body Mahogany wood that they use on this special edition model

Sorry no car stuff in this post, but sometime you have to say " WTF"......

Robert

ps Hope you all had a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Rock on!!

Jedi

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Well I don't understand half of what you said but it sounds cool and looks great!!

4. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    Only question I have, does it have mirrors you can rip off? Well. it is red. :D Sorry, actually, how well can you play, I love solo guitar music.

5. Super F1

Super F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2007
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Ben Chase
    #5 Super F1, Jul 18, 2010
  6. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #6 430rcks, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
    ^^^ I love Mesa's stuff.

Mad $$$ though.

A customer just came into the shop I work at recently with a JCM200. I hooked it up to a cab we had laying around.

My god, I have to get one of these!

I love that Les Paul. Gibson or Epiphone?

7. Super F1

Super F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2007
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Ben Chase
    #7 Super F1, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010

8. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason

9. Super F1

Super F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2007
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Ben Chase
    I also picked a standard SG about 6 months, which I really like... But, I still think I like the sound of the Les Paul a little more; maybe it's the maple top that's gives it that extra resonance.

10. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    #10 sammyb, Jul 19, 2010
    My wife got me this Strat a few years ago for my b-day -- it's a American V-Neck. I had been originally looking for a a Fat Strat/HSS (that's one with a humbucker in the bridge position, looking much like the one you just got), but she surprised me with this one. It's a nice guitar with beautiful sound and versitile tones. The V-neck, though, has been a problem lately, as I have tendonitis in my fret hand/wrist from years of playing drums. I can't play it for long periods of time without some serious pain in my wrist.

I'm a big fan of the PRS necks. Both my neighbor and my brother play PRS guitars. (Actually, they're both collectors, so they have tons of guitars to chose from, but often rely on their respective PRS as primary guitars.)

I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that my favorite necks are actually Charvel. I have a Charvel bass (and my bro played a Charvel guitar for 20 years), and the necks are thin/tapered/multi-radius and very smooth playing. Very "1980s" with the angled headstock, but still nice nonetheless.

I love the sound of a Les Paul and the look of a Les Paul, but I can't stand playing them. The frets seem so flat and wide and my god, they're heavier than Carnie Wilson after a B-R ice cream binge.

11. ExoticRobert

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Micheal that was a lowwwwwwwwwwwww blow!!!!! :)

Been playing since High School, off and on. Well back on now, I love music and cars!! Maybe not that order?

12. ExoticRobert

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Sweet!!!!!!

I heard the older Mesa are the ones to buy, any truth to that?? I know they are not cheap, right up there with Marshall if not more $$$ ??

13. ExoticRobert

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Yeah I love my spl2000 Head, it kicks, I mean KICKS with my 1960A cab, great combo, again not cheap, and the head is a little high maintance, already had to drop $200 to fix a heating problem, but still love it. Need a place to take any amp, send me a Pmail and I will hook you up!!

take care Robert

14. ExoticRobert

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert

15. ExoticRobert

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Nice Guitar, you will not go wrong with any American made Guitar, but your right the confort level is not good on the Les Paul, Strats are sweet for how nice they feel, thin body, and neck, and now with a extra Humbucker I will have that Gibson sound thru my Marshall, I love it!! Best of both worlds......;)

16. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    I sorry :D:D

17. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Music and cars are both expensive hobbies. I've bought plenty of cars for less than the price of new a PRS, Gibson, Ricky. (Heck, I've purchased two Porsches (911 and 944) that were each less than my Strat.)

It seems like we all blinked and Les Paul Standards went from $1100 out the door to $2000.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the music equipment industry, because it has been hit HARD by the recession. (They've been selling a lot of beginner equipment, as always, but the mid-to-professional has been gathering dust.) I think we'll see even more consolidation in the market -- more of Guitar Center buying out niche equipment manufacturers.

18. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    No you aren't....................:p

19. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Well I'm going to try to learn to play like you fellas. I've always wanted to learn how to play guitar so just last week I bought a cheap starter pack. I was amazed at the prices of some of the guitars out there, I had no idea!!

We'll see if I have any aptitude for it at all before I step up and buy anything decent!

Any good suggestions for a program, book or whatever to help me learn?

20. blue62

blue62 Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2009
    Rainyville, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Some very nice looking guitars. Personally I'm more of an acoustic person, have a Tacoma DM9C my dad bought for me for Christmas a number of years ago (before they were bought by Fender) and I have my Grandma's old Lyle hollowbody that was given to me when she passed away. Though it doesn't have the sound of some of the Gibson hollowbodies it still has a great sound for having been a "less expensive" guitar (though I have the original sales receipt of almost $700 for the guitar, amp and case back in '78)

21. Super F1

Super F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2007
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Ben Chase
    Definitely, I would say Ernie Ball has a great beginner's guitar book to learn the basics of guitar. When I started playing a while back that's exactly what I used to help get my feet off the ground.

22. Super F1

Super F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2007
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Ben Chase
    As with anything of high quality amp such as a Marshall or Mesa half-stack it would have to depend on preference... Such as an F-car or Lambo. I have heard some of the old Mesa amps and they do sound great; but I think you can get a similar tone out of more modern amps as well. But, my personal experience with Mesa half-stacks is they have the most ballsy sound you could imagine!! Just as a Marshall you really have to crank the stacks to great the real good tone, I actually traded in my Mesa for the two Vox AC 30 amps and couldn't be happier. Not as in your face as an Marshall/Mesa, but super gritty tone, with the Les Paul it sounds awesome! Think ala' Jimmy Page Ramble On or the Edge of U2.

23. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    My brother has a Soldano Lucky 13 half stack. If Marshall is an F-car and Mesa is a Lambo, I suppose the Soldano is a Pagani? Has a hell of a great tone to it, plus it's locally designed and made. (And it goes to 13 instead of 10 like most amps -- even better than my Fender Harvard Reverb practice amp that goes to 11 thanks to a little white-out I put on it in 1989.)

24. Super F1

Super F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2007
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Ben Chase
    "Most amps go 10, but ours go to 11!" Ah Spinal Tap what an awesome movie.

25. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

I'll look that up, thanks for the tip!!