My new (to me) 360 - the wait is almost over... | FerrariChat

My new (to me) 360 - the wait is almost over...

Discussion in '360/430' started by ar4me, Jul 19, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    #1 ar4me, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    First off, thanks to F'chat and members who have helped me educate myself on the 360 and eventually find a 360 that I think will meet my criteria. The search function has been invaluable and so have the replies from many of you - thanks! I was primarily looking for a car to drive, not collect dust. Though, I didn't specify that in my search since I do care about the cosmetic condition, and didn't want to leave the impression that worn out and sticky interior, etc. are fine.

This is my first Ferrari, but I have owned and driven Italian cars for 20 years - Alfa Romeo. I was initially looking for a 355, but a Ferrari-owner friend suggested to also consider the 360 due to its more turn-key nature.

The car I settled on is a 2002 6 spd manual 360 coupe with 13k miles in my favorite color. It was on consignment at Steve Harris Imports. Tim and Sean made a deal happen that I'm very happy with, and they have been class acts all the way - big thanks to them as well. The car will come with a fresh major that Steve Harris Imports is completing at the moment. I considered both private party cars, independent dealer cars, and authorized Ferrari dealership cars. Steve Harris Imports had the right car and was able to put together a deal that everyone is happy with, and I have since come to realize that purchasing from an authorized dealer has given me an extra level of comfort - credit to Steve Harris Imports. Additionally, I was lucky to locate a set of modular wheels in perfect shape in my own neighborhood at a very reasonable price - waiting in my garage... I know some don't like the modular wheels, but I just love them.

I will be driving my SUV and enclosed race car trailer up to Salt Lake City (from South Orange County) on Wednesday to pick up the 360 and tow it home. The reason for not flying up and drive it home is that my wife and son are coming along, and we will make a short vacation out of it with stops at Bryce Canyon, Zion, Cedar Breaks, and Kalob.

I will post updates and pictures once car is picked up and heading "home". For now I have attached a couple of pictures from the listing. I can't wait - don't think it will really sink in until I get it home and drive it...

Although I'm a DYI'er and do all my own maintenance and work on the Alfa race car, I plan to find a good independent shop. I'm in South Orange County and would prefer something relatively close, but I recognize I may have to travel some for a good shop. I have read positive things about Cavallo Motorsports and Eugenio. Any other recommendations, suggestions in my neck of the woods? If an authorized service center is highly recommended I may consider that as well.

Jes
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. DrDoug

DrDoug Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Doug T
    Looks like a beautiful car! Congrats. I agree that F chat is a great tool for getting informed on buying a 360. Now you can use F chat to learn more about how to improve and maintain your Ferrari.

3. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Congratulations. Love a 6 speed.

4. alexkam

alexkam Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Sunny CA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Sweet coupe! Enjoy :) A great local shop i've used many times is Ferrari Technologies in Orange. Larry is honest and very reasonable.

5. Juri

Juri Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Juri
    Congratulations!!! A very nice car !!!
    JG

6. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Congrats! That's a beautiful car.

7. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Congratulations and enjoy!

-Jim

8. lamontlawyer921

lamontlawyer921 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 1, 2010
    The West Coast
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Congrats...is that silver or silverstone metallic? I am the OC, let me know when you get it...i will come down and check it out...I have been in the market for a month now, but have decided to hold out a bit longer and get a F430...

9. rob360spyder

rob360spyder Rookie

Apr 17, 2010
    Drive it in good health , all the best ....

10. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Thanks all. Official color name is Grigio Titanio, not silver, but a grey.

It has a Tubi exhaust but the stock exhaust comes with the car. If I find the Tubi too loud at least I have the stock exhaust.

Jes

11. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    very sexy car.. love the color!

12. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Huge congrats!!!

That's one heck of a beautiful car. With the Challenge grill and Modular's, it will be perfect.

Can't wait to hear your stories as the (s)miles rack up!!!

:D

13. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Great 360 - congrats!

I'll gladly volunteer to fly up and drive it back for you - free! :)

Can definitely vouch for Cavallo Motorsports. Last I heard about Eugenio was that they weren't taking on any new customers.

Enjoy.

14. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #14 wax, Jul 19, 2010
    Congratulations!
    I've heard stories . . .

15. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    LOL... don't jinx the adventure :) You'll be hearing from me if something remotely related happens ;-)
    Jes

16. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    congrats! the road home would be a sweet one. enjoy!

17. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    #17 Chupee, Jul 19, 2010
  18. jbbachman

jbbachman Karting

Oct 10, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Joe B
    Congrats! Enjoy each and every mile!

19. needaferrari

needaferrari Karting
    BANNED

Jan 31, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Beautiful color...Its real close to my favorite grigio Silverstone and Steve Harris is only 25 miles away...Getting a Scud in G/Silver in a few months..Lots of Luck...Kevin

20. Argento6spd360modena

Argento6spd360modena Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2009
    Congratulations!! Such a beautiful ride, looks like your 360 is also lowered, looks awesome.

I am also in OC as well, we should meet up sometimes, I have only meet two other 360 owners before. You made a great choice over 335i, I have a 335i with JB3, there is no comparison, the 360 is 10 times more fun to drive. I highly recommend hi-flow cats if you don't already have it on the 360.

21. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    #21 Need4Spd, Jul 20, 2010
  22. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    shes a BEAUTY!!!

23. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    wow im actually diggin that forest green scud

24. mfennell70

mfennell70 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Middletown, NJ
    Just awesome. That is exactly the car I'm looking for.

25. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Congrats on a great car!!